News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

2018 Easter Bonnet Collections- Page 2

2018 Easter Bonnet Collections

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#252018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 3/26/18 at 11:55pm

Thank you. I've seen the show multiple times. Has anyone ever slipped in the door to donate for an item? I don't think they check."

Yes, I have done that several times for Hamilton.  I stood at the door just before the show let out and walked in when they opened the door and bought a bunch of signed stuff.  They had a guy standing at the door, he was used to people wanting to come in as the show let out.  There were parents waiting at the door for their teenage kids who were inside seeing the show alone, there were people who looked like they were trying to scavenge discarded playbills from the floor, and there were a few people like me who were trying to buy Easter Bonnett stuff.  The door guy never gave me any trouble at all.  I did it three different times, never an issue, and this was back in Hamilton’s heyday when things were crazy.  I think you would have no problem with Hello Dolly, especially post-Bette.

Updated On: 3/26/18 at 11:55 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#272018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 3/27/18 at 10:19am

I did this once at the Imperial during the holiday season so I could get a Carols for a Cure CD, with the volunteers stationed at the back exit on 46th Street. No problem.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Flowerlovestage5 Profile Photo
Flowerlovestage5
#282018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 3/27/18 at 6:25pm

Does Dolly auction off the big ticket items or are they for regular purchase in the back? I might want the earrings or pin...

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#292018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 3/27/18 at 9:24pm

Flowerlovestage5 said: "Does Dolly auction off the big ticket items or are they for regular purchase in the back? I might want the earrings or pin...

"

They were available for purchase on Sunday, though obviously only one of each piece of jewelry. There was no auction on Sunday, just the sales at the bar!

Flowerlovestage5
#302018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 3/27/18 at 10:56pm

Thanks, everyone!

I donated and chose the starfish. It's lovely.

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#312018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 3/27/18 at 11:03pm

Lucky you! Enjoy it--it looked absolutely beautiful up-close!

Flowerlovestage5
#322018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 3/27/18 at 11:16pm

msmp said: "Lucky you! Enjoy it--it looked absolutely beautiful up-close!"

It's stunning. I saw the show a few weeks back. And I know I saw the starfish ...but I can't remember which scdne and where.....

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#332018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 3/27/18 at 11:46pm

I've been having the exact same problem, oddly enough! I know that I saw it in the show on Sunday, but for the life of me I can't figure out where. I know where it's definitely *not* (title number, So Long Dearie) but it could be anywhere else. Maybe "Before the Parade Passes By"?

Flowerlovestage5
#342018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 3/28/18 at 9:05am

msmp said: "I've been having the exact same problem, oddly enough! I know that I saw it in the show on Sunday, but for the life of me I can't figure out where. I know where it's definitely *not* (title number, So Long Dearie) but it could be anywhere else. Maybe "Before the Parade Passes By"?"

I'm going to PM you...

Flowerlovestage5
#352018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 3/29/18 at 6:23pm

So my partner actually purchased the same Dolly pin when he attended last night. He thought I donated for a different one. Its the crystal starfish Bernadette wears. 

If anyone is interested in purchasing it from me,  drop a line. We don't need two..

smidge
#362018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/5/18 at 8:34pm

Any updates on what Angels in America & Lobby Hero are offering?

deathofacatler
#372018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/5/18 at 9:18pm

They weren’t offering anything at Lobby Hero yesterday, and no buckets. There was nothing at Angels when I went either, though it may have been because it was very early on in the collection season (maybe two days in?)

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#382018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/6/18 at 10:06am

Any new reports?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#392018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/6/18 at 10:22am

deathofacatler said: "They weren’t offering anything at Lobby Hero yesterday, and no buckets. There was nothing at Angels when I went either, though it may have been because it was very early on in the collection season (maybe two days in?)"

If you went to Angels that early, they were probably still in previews. Most shows don't participate until after they open.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#402018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/6/18 at 12:54pm

I went to Angels after opening night and they didn’t offer anything.

Phillytheatreguy10
#412018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/6/18 at 1:03pm

I'm hoping they do eventually- it seems to align with the them of the show- and they'd make a ton of money for the cause I'm sure!

TheaterLover2
#422018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/8/18 at 12:02am

$150 posters

$60 playbills

I think this was the first night selling at Angels in America.  Andrew Garfield did the speech and said basically that it was a bargain and you could double your money on eBay, but don’t.

Limit of one poster per person.

Dollypop
#432018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/8/18 at 12:11am

SAINT JOAN is selling bundles of kindling for $30.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

smidge
#442018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/8/18 at 9:50am

TheaterLover2 said: "$150 posters

$60 playbills

I think this was the first night selling at Angels in America. Andrew Garfield did the speech and said basically that it was a bargain and you could double your money on eBay, but don’t.

"

Thank you TheaterLover. I wonder if they will still stage door during the collection period

bfreak
#452018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/8/18 at 12:04pm

smidge said: "TheaterLover2 said: "$150 posters

$60 playbills

I think this was the first night selling at Angels in America. Andrew Garfield did the speech and said basically that it was a bargain and you could double your money on eBay, but don’t.

"

Thank you TheaterLover. I wonder if they will still stage door during the collection period

I saw Angels in America on Wednesday and they had posters and playbills. Probably the same prices theaterlover2 said. Andrew Garfield did the speech. Everyone still came out at the stage door and signed except Nathan Lane and Susan Brown.

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#462018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/9/18 at 12:54pm

I know it's a shot in the dark, but I will pay (plus shipping) if anyone can pick up an Angels poster for me. I went to the first performance after Opening and they weren't selling yet.

whizzer_wins Profile Photo
whizzer_wins
#472018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/10/18 at 3:09am

Does anyone know what Spongebob is doing? I’m seeing the show this Friday!

veraclaythorne2 Profile Photo
veraclaythorne2
#482018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/10/18 at 5:44am

whizzer_wins said: "Does anyone know what Spongebob is doing? I’m seeing the show this Friday!"

They were originally doing signed window cards for $60 and playbills for $20, and then limited signed beach balls (by the trio) when the playbills ran out. However, I was there on Sunday, and they had nothing left, so the announcement was just for collecting. Please update and let me know if they end up.doing something more!

Phillytheatreguy10
#492018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/12/18 at 2:04pm

Anything new? Hoping against hope that Mean Girls and Frozen jump in for the final week!

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#502018 Easter Bonnet Collections
Posted: 4/12/18 at 2:14pm

Eliza2 said: "I know it's a shot in the dark, but I will pay (plus shipping) if anyone can pick up an Angels poster for me. I went to the first performance after Opening and they weren't selling yet."

The prices are now $200 for the windowcard and $100 for the Playbill, fyi.

Videos