News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Wicked Lottery

Mary6906 Profile Photo
Mary6906
#0Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/9/06 at 1:19pm

I'm coming into town next Wednesday, and wanted to try some of the lotteries...

Anything on how the Wicked Lotteries have been lately? How early should I get there? etc.

"A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand!"

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#1re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/9/06 at 3:45pm

Its been a while since i've been, but it really doesnt matter if you get there early or not (since its a lottery) once you get there ontime to get your name in, and there usually is about 100 or so people there.

a guy there won the hairspray loto then the wicked one in the same day, i could have killed him.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

#2re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/9/06 at 4:36pm

i've done the wicked lottery about 5 times and have yet to win.

what really p.o's me is that the guy who picks the names will let last minute people fill cards out WHILE HE IS SPINNING THE CONTAINER!!!
also, first time i did it, a girl who won was like "omg i don't know if i want to see it, i've already seen it like 6 times"

i wanted to wrap my arms around her neck.

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#3re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/9/06 at 4:59pm

Yeah the Wicked lotto seems to really bring out the worst in people.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

joanna2
#4re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/9/06 at 6:52pm

When I played the Wicked lottery, I'd say there were a good 500 people waiting. It was a Friday night performance. I also overheard some kid saying it was almost impossible to win the lottery...but I did!
GOOD LUCK!

HBG Profile Photo
HBG
#5re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/9/06 at 7:12pm

It's one of the most impossible lotteries to win. I have played so many times I can't even count, and I've only won once. My advice would be to lotto other shows too. Like the Hairspray lottery is before the Wicked lotto, and an almost guaranteed win. So get your Hairspray tickets, and if you win Wicked, sell the Hairspray ones. Or play the Drowsy Chaperone lotto. It's an hour before the show so you can go if you lose Wicked. And in my opinion, both Hairspray and Drowsy Chaperone are much better shows. Good luck!

"Free from what, Tracy? Free from what?"

Mary6906 Profile Photo
Mary6906
#6re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/9/06 at 7:34pm

Thanks a bunch for your suggestions. I'll let you know if I have any luck!!

Updated On: 5/9/06 at 07:34 PM

joanna2
#7re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/9/06 at 9:47pm

Someone told me "Phantom of the Opera" has a lottery...true?

JustABroadwaybaby2
#8re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/9/06 at 9:52pm

Avenue Q has one. Rent is hard, Wicked is SUPER HARD, Spelling bee is normally hard (the spurned wicked losers go.)
he other ones, I haven't tried.

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

C is for Company
#9re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/9/06 at 10:07pm

In all complete honesty, I have played Wicked lottery for 2 years and over 20 times and have yet to win. Even in the days when you could waiti n the lobby and there was like 60 people. I've been with others though 2 different times when they one. The first I was with 2 friends and one won, so we had a coin toss for the other and I lost! I was about to cry it was so bad, I went to the Producers instead lol. AND that day all the leads were out and I didn't even see Hunter Foster. Talk about a day lol
The second time was with Wickedgeek and he won! Whoo so I finally saw Wicked front row after all those hours of waiting of lotto
Good luck, it can't hurt to try!

joanna2
#10re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/10/06 at 12:22am

Dang, how lucky am I? Just a girl from Indiana who played the Wicked lottery in NYC ONCE and was the FIRST name called!

snowie862 Profile Photo
snowie862
#11re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/10/06 at 12:43am

First time I went to Bway I won. Lost the next 2 times

Tried 12 times on tour and finally won on the last day

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#12re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/10/06 at 9:01am

Same story as many of the people here- I won the VERY first time I tried, but the show had barely been open two weeks. There were maybe 30-40 people in line that day. Still lucky, but not 1 in 500 lucky!

I tried a couple times after that with no luck. *shrugs* I WOULD recommend "Hairspray" though. Definately worth it. It's the only other show I've won and my uncle and I had a BLAST! re: Wicked Lottery

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

Updated On: 5/10/06 at 09:01 AM

vjRichie Profile Photo
vjRichie
#13re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/10/06 at 9:35am

I was in NYC for the great blizzard of '06 Feb 12 weekend- even the Sunday matinee had about 300 people turn out in the 24" of snow! I was buying Bee tickets (got floor front center) anyway and just giggled at all those Wicked-ites

"I've had two years to grow claws, Mother, and they're Jungle Red!" Mary Haines - The Women

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#14re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/10/06 at 11:34am

DRS is a wonderful alternative lottery to try. Your chances of winning are excellent.

Mary6906 Profile Photo
Mary6906
#15re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/19/06 at 7:42am

Just as a follow up... I did win tickets in the Hairspray lottery this Wednesday matinee. It was no problem... there were about 15 people and we all got in. I was smack dab in the center of the first row... a tad bit TOO close to the stage, but hey, for $25... what the heck.

Hairspray was a fun day, very enjoyable... nothing great, but I had fun, and the cast was energetic.

KarenWalker Profile Photo
KarenWalker
#16re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/19/06 at 8:57am

I've won 6 times when Idina was there. I think the best day to go is a Tuesday, but the other day I walked past the theater and it was crowded. Your best bet is to find as many people as possible who will go with you that dont care about the show and if they win, they'll give you the tickets! And spread out on the line. Everytime i've won it was getting there around 5:20ish :)

collins Profile Photo
collins
#17re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/19/06 at 9:45am

Tried it in Atlanta last night; there were only about 40 people, and my husband and I both LOST, but we waited a while and got super seats on the 8th row that had been cancelled. So, we won anyway, and I got to see it twice in one day! It was my first time seeing the show, and it was amazing.

<---Adopt a shelter pet!

BroadwayFan4 Profile Photo
BroadwayFan4
#18re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/19/06 at 10:38am

100% agree. I have done the Wicked lotto like 20 times over the past two years and I've never won. The one time my name was called it was for ONE ticket and my Wicked-lotto partner and I agreed we'd sell it and try again to see it together. I did keep the button they gave me which I keep as a memento. It's very annoying and the people who jump up and are like "yay #9" make me want to scream.

I've done all the other lotteries and won. When I went to Hairspray my seats were in the back corner but I was nontheless happy and that was about a year ago. I was lucky enough to snag DRS before anyone knew about it. I've only tried "Drowsy Chaperone" once and lost.

Am I the only one who things "Tarzan" should drop the line and do a lottery? Maybe it's just me who doesn't want to see the show bad enough to wait a long time.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#20re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/28/06 at 10:00am

I won, so it can- and does- happen re: Wicked Lottery Never give up!

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#21re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/28/06 at 10:05am

I hate all of you on the board who are like "I have won the lotto 6 times, but i have only played it seven"

icantbelive
#22re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/28/06 at 10:21am

Get there at least 2 hours before the show and DONT GO IN THE THEATRE.

People that dont want the tickets can sell them legaly to the theatre and get full refund for tickets if sold out show, then people who didnt win the lottery can wait in line for 1-2 hours and get seats to the show. I did this with my dad's ticket because he had to leave because someone we knew died. Anyways we got a full refund for the ticket.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#23re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 5/28/06 at 11:24am

I won the Wicked lotto last night in Chicago, yay!

Videos