News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Visually Impaired Seating

NYC Devil 8778
#1Visually Impaired Seating
Posted: 5/16/15 at 9:36pm

Hello folks!

I have a visually impaired family member visiting next month and she'd like to see a musical. I know for a fact that Gigi is right for her. 

However, I'm not in a situation to purchase premium seating to provide her with the view she deserves. Do you guys have any tips/knowledge on how to obtain a reasonable seat for the visually impaired? Are there programs? 

Thanks guys!

hollisst2
#2Visually Impaired Seating
Posted: 5/16/15 at 10:50pm

Most shows will offer seating for the visually impaired, altho their requirements may vary.  I've only gone to the box office, so I'm not familiar with requesting online, but I'd call telecharge or whoever to ask. I know the Palace has sold visually impaired seating at a discount but as I've said, I've only done it through the box office. 

If you're in NYC, I'd suggest going directly to the box office as you often get better service face to face. 

Good luck! 

NYC Devil 8778
#2Visually Impaired Seating
Posted: 5/16/15 at 10:56pm

I live right outside the city!

I'll check it out this week! 

jlbpr00
#3Visually Impaired Seating
Posted: 5/16/15 at 10:58pm

Definitely call the box office. Most shows sets a number of seats for the visual impaired, but at face value.  

You know, ma'am, ? there's nothing I wouldn't do for you. ,If there was a monster or an ogre or anything bad like that wot was after you, I'd rip it apart with my bare fists, I would. - Sweeney Todd

newenglandgal
#4Visually Impaired Seating
Posted: 5/17/15 at 3:43am

NYC Devil - Feel free to direct message me and I can try to help you.  I have a visual impairment as well.  There is usually no need to spend money on a premium seat.  Most, not all, theatres set aside a limited number of visual impairment seating.  It also varies whether the show is selling on ticketmaster or telecharge.  Ticketmaster online is a breeze and telecharge just involves a long phone call to their "access" department. Also, you should be allowed at most venues to bring along one companion at the same price as well.

Videos