News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Violet

edenespinosalover Profile Photo
edenespinosalover
#0Violet
Posted: 4/15/05 at 12:31am

Oh wow! This is seriously one of the rarest, most amazing pieces of theater ever. I'm dead serious. We opened last night and my dad came to see it tonight and was in tears at the end of the show. Now I know that that probably doesn't mean much, but I've NEVER seen my dad cry - ever. I'm just so glad that I was able to witness it because of an absolutely brilliant show. Violet doesn't get anywhere's NEAR enough credit it deserves so that's why I'm posting this thread.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#1re: Violet
Posted: 4/15/05 at 12:37am

I agree wholeheartedly! I LOVE Violet! Congratulations on getting to be a part of such a wonderful show! I'm sure it's a great production! re: Violet

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#2re: Violet
Posted: 4/15/05 at 12:42am

I've been dying to put together a production of this show for about 5 years now. I agree that it is extremely underrated.

Broadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
#3re: Violet
Posted: 4/15/05 at 12:42am

you are a lucky, lucky person to have the opportunity to perform in VIOLET. it's one of my very favorite shows and in my top 5 cast albums. on the way home from work, I was listening to "Let It Sing" on my iPod and thinking how someone ought to do a "Michael McElroy Appreciation Thread". On the same note, someone ought to make Lauren Ward a major Broadway star.

Wish I could see your production, or any production. Have a great run and cherish the time you're doing it. I'm willing to bet it winds up being an incredibly memorable, once-in-a-lifetime experience for a lot of people who otherwise never would have heard of this show.

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#4re: Violet
Posted: 4/15/05 at 12:43am

Congratulations on your production! I'm sure its a rousing success. And yes, its truly an underappreciated show. It should have transfered to Broadway from Playwrights Horizons.

sara4466
#5re: Violet
Posted: 4/15/05 at 10:47pm

omg I'm so upset, I dont even think I'm going to be able to see the show since I hear that its sold out and I didnt get any tickets in time (kaylee says hi, and little sara) ugh I was gonna cry, is that true though that everything is sold out?!

Videos