News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Talk Radio

kooky
#1Talk Radio
Posted: 3/3/07 at 8:50am

Saw Talk Radio last night, LOVED IT ! Anyone else?

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#2re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/3/07 at 8:58am

Liev Schreiber is amazing. End of story.

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

Brokenlizard14 Profile Photo
Brokenlizard14
#2re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/3/07 at 10:21am

I'm sure everyone is sick and tired of me asking this question by now but...did you happen to stage door it? Just wondering how Liev and Peter were. I've heard good things about Peter, and mixed things about Liev.

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#3re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/3/07 at 10:57am

I was there last night too!! I was blown away and I want to have Liev's babies. I tried to stage door ,but the whole cast was having "talk backs" so I didn't want to wait...AMAZING performances all around, though.

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

lancerpanz
#4re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/3/07 at 11:10am

I was there too last night - good show - interesting talk back

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel Profile Photo
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#5re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/3/07 at 2:30pm

I loved it. Schreiber was phenomenal. So thirlling to see him perform live.

Brokenlizard- I stagedoored. Schreiber came out first, maybe after only ten minutes (though it seemed much longer because it was well below freezing). He was really nice, very humble. He seemed genuinely flattered by the nice things people were saying. He posed for pictures, too. (See fan photos for my picture).

purplvelvetshoe
#6re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/4/07 at 9:54am

I saw Talk Radio last night. It was phenomenal. Liev is probably one of the best, most well-rounded stage actors I have even been able to see.
I also stagedoored. It was very windy and chilly, which discouraged a lot of people (I think) because there were only a few of us there. Liev was very, very friendly and signed/took photos with everyone who wanted them (granted the whole process took about 5 minutes for him, as there were not very many people...). I've heard from other people that when there are a lot of people at the stagedoor that he is less willing to take photos and hang around, but all I know is that he was a very humble and a total sweetheart yesterday :)Peter ran out in a hurry and apologized to us and said that he had dinner reservations. I don't think he signed for anyone...
I did student rush. One suggestion: be as nice as possible to the box office woman...I got AMAZING seats...
Go see this show if you have the opportunity!

Brokenlizard14
#7re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/12/07 at 8:25am

Finally going to see the show on Sunday and I can't wait. I was wondering if someone could help me out a little bit. I was just wondering where the stage door is, so we don't just kind of wander around after the show. Thanks in advance.

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#8re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/12/07 at 8:57am

Saw it and loved it as well! Liew was absolutely wonderful and such a laid back guy at the stage door. Was a wonderful night!

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#9re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/12/07 at 9:48am

The reviews are all really gushing about LS. Especially the Times.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#11re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/12/07 at 5:58pm

I stagedoored about two weeks ago. Stephanie March was really nice and Liev took the time to make sure that the picture we took came out well. Which it didn't, so we took another. So now I have a picture of us in which we look like we both just had the world's sourest glass of lemonade. A great show and a great, genuine person.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#12re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/12/07 at 7:42pm

Showed up on TDF again !!! Got a tic for Sunday afternoon !!!

bigbigbill Profile Photo
bigbigbill
#13re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/12/07 at 8:44pm

I'm seeing it Sunday!

Brokenlizard14
#14re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/13/07 at 1:18am

I'm seeing the show Sunday too and I can't wait. Can anyone post and let me (or us...not sure who else here wants to stagedoor) know where the stage door is located? I know sometimes it's right in front of the theater, but not always.

larry64
#15re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/13/07 at 1:34am

Yes, Liev Schreiber is terrific, but this is an opportunity missed. I would have loved to see a major revision reflecting the current times and the way that radio has changed since the 80's. The callers were so uninteresting that I give even more praise to the show's star for making it as intense as it was.

I smell a Tony.

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#16re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/13/07 at 9:23am

broken...when coming out of the theater the stage door will be on your right. It has a 110 in the Shade poster on it (they are like metal cage doors). There will probably be a barricade up so you will know where to stand. Enjoy the show!!

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

sidjones09 Profile Photo
sidjones09
#18re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/13/07 at 10:27am

Great insight melody2. That outlook definitely helps clear the play up for me a little more. My only question, and I think I mentioned this on an earlier Talk Radio thread, is if the central message of this play is about how we (society, family, friends, etc.) communicate with eachother. Don't you find the play really pessimistic? There is no hope or alternative offered anywhere in the play in that regard. I don't know a lot of Bogosian's work, but is this just his style?

"If you've got something to say, say it, and think well of yourself while you're learning to say it better." - David Mamet

sidjones09 Profile Photo
sidjones09
#20re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/13/07 at 11:50am

I see what you're saying, but I think I disagree with it a little bit. IMO I agree that face to face communication is best, and we should be comfortable enough within ourselves to share our true feelings with others for the most part. But I also feel that there are people out there, myself included, who don't always feel comfortable sharing all their opinions on various subjects with people face to face, and in this case I think it's great that there are other forms of media that allow for this expression. I think it can be healthy.

The problem I DO have is when people use these forms of media just to get a reaction out of people. You know the kind of people I'm talking about. But if the radio or internet can be a place where people can share things about themselves and opinions they hold that they can't safely share anywhere else, than I think it's great. But you are right in saying that nothing can replace the importance of human connection, and the ability to communicate truthfully face to face with others.

"If you've got something to say, say it, and think well of yourself while you're learning to say it better." - David Mamet

Brokenlizard14
#22re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/22/07 at 2:49pm

Ok, I finally got the see the show. It was absolutely incredible. Might have been better if the lady in front of me had stopped complaining about EVERYTHING. I was nervous about stage dooring cause I'd heard Liev wasn't always the nicest. I know enough not to believe everything you read, just made me a little anxious. He could not have been sweeter though. Stephanie, Peter, and Sebastian were sweet as well. Sebastian stood and talked to us for quite a while. Very nice guy.

Brokenlizard14
#24re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/22/07 at 5:19pm

I am glad I got to meet him. He was fantastic both in the show and at the stage door. It was freezing outside and when I asked if I could take a picture he said sure and then right before my friend took it he said "This is us at the North Pole." I can't wait to get them developed. lol. Let me know how the movie is.

Brokenlizard14
#26re: Talk Radio
Posted: 3/24/07 at 9:44pm

Stephanie was absolutely gorgeous, and so hilarious at the stage door. Peter and Sebastian were adorable too. I'm probably going to post the pics on my LJ, but I'll post a link here.

Videos