News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

TKTS question

BrOaDwAyDuDe
#1TKTS question
Posted: 1/21/08 at 9:47am

Last weekend I went to TKTS and they told me that there are hardly any tickets available for under $60, for shows such as spring awakening, hairspray, color purple, and rent. But afterwards I went to spring awakenings theatre and they still had $66 tix available. Is that normal of TKTS?

Gothampc
#2re: TKTS question
Posted: 1/21/08 at 9:51am

TKTS only sells what the theaters give them. If the box office only gives them $120 tickets, then they can only sell those.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 1/21/08 at 09:51 AM

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#2re: TKTS question
Posted: 1/21/08 at 9:52am

TKTS only has shows that theaters release for them. They don't always have every show. It's kind of a luck of the draw thing. Better luck next time.

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

BrOaDwAyDuDe
#3re: TKTS question
Posted: 1/21/08 at 10:04am

Updated On: 1/21/08 at 10:04 AM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#4re: TKTS question
Posted: 1/21/08 at 10:28am

Exactly ~ what gothampc said. And 50% of $120 is $60. Add on the fees, and yeah. Sometimes it's only 35% off the price, but it's what the theatre releases to them. I don't think they usually release the cheaper mezz seats to TKTS as a rule. I could be wrong though.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Gothampc
#5re: TKTS question
Posted: 1/21/08 at 10:31am

"I don't think they usually release the cheaper mezz seats to TKTS as a rule. I could be wrong though."

It sort of depends. Obviously, the producers want the front section filled for the actors sake. So they may only release orchestra and fron mezz seats. However, as the day goes on and nobody buys, they will release other seats. Producers have released tickets to TKTS as late as 7pm.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Videos