News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

TARZAN CD

Broadwayguy62
#0TARZAN CD
Posted: 6/21/06 at 8:51pm

Is anyone know if the tarzan cd is being sold at the theatre yet and if not if this sunday it will be sold?

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#1re: TARZAN CD
Posted: 6/21/06 at 8:54pm

No, it is not being sold.

I have the CD because I was interviewed after I saw the show.

Until the official release date, that seems to be the only way to get it.

And they only give out a few each performance.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Katie2 Profile Photo
Katie2
#2re: TARZAN CD
Posted: 6/21/06 at 8:58pm

when is it being released? i would love to get it.

citrustwist
#3re: TARZAN CD
Posted: 6/21/06 at 9:03pm

Based on the sidebar of this site, 6/27. I'm actually very interested in getting it myself. I really like a few of the songs new to the musical, especially "For the First Time".

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#4re: TARZAN CD
Posted: 6/21/06 at 9:59pm

I'm excited about that song too. and the song sung by the little kid. he seems pretty good.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#5re: TARZAN CD
Posted: 6/21/06 at 10:02pm

Which little kid?

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#6re: TARZAN CD
Posted: 6/21/06 at 10:05pm

I buy every cast recording under the sun, and there is no way I'm buying this crap.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#7re: TARZAN CD
Posted: 6/21/06 at 10:07pm

re: TARZAN CD

Could they have made PHIL COLLINS's name any bigger on the front of the CD case?

Why don't they just rename it Phil on Broadway!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#8re: TARZAN CD
Posted: 6/21/06 at 10:10pm

You does what you does to sell the CDs.

I guarantee that, had they recorded the recent THREEPENNY OPERA, Cyndi Lauper's name would be ginormous.

#9re: TARZAN CD
Posted: 6/21/06 at 10:12pm

the large picture of him on the inside cover made me jump when I first opened it up. not exactly what I was expecting, and its not a particularly flattering picture- very dark and harsh compared to the rest of the insert layout.

edit: I think its a great show and a great CD, but theyre certainly promoting Phil with the insert. Updated On: 6/21/06 at 10:12 PM

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#10re: TARZAN CD
Posted: 6/21/06 at 10:14pm

Agreed, Mistress.

I felt he was staring me down.

I was waiting for him to say: "Listen to the damn CD!"

Videos