News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going

Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going

MOXIEINTHECITY
#0Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/18/06 at 2:34pm

Anyone?

Alix7272 Profile Photo
Alix7272
#1re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 2:42pm

I have an extra ticket. If anyone wants it, PM me.

No Child: http://www.epictheatrectr.org/
I Love You Because OCR: http://www.psclassics.com/cd_iloveyou.html

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#2re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 3:39pm

I'll be there! So excited to see everyone do their own thing. Not to give anything away, but I spoke to Diana and she mentioned that she'll be singing some country.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#3re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 3:44pm

Unfortunately no, seeing as I'm underage. Meh.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

xoxRogue Profile Photo
xoxRogue
#4re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 3:44pm

My friend and I will be there as well!

(And country?! Yay!)

Edit: Something came up and my friend isn't able to go anymore, but my dad is. re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going

Shari Lewis: Did you ever wish upon a star? Lamb Chop: I once asked Mr. Rogers for his autograph.
Updated On: 8/20/06 at 03:44 PM

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#5re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 3:50pm

Please excuse my ignorance but, what exactly is it?

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#6re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 3:54pm

It's actually called "Fleet St on the Bowery."

Fleet Street on the Bowery
For one night only, the company of Sweeney Todd -- one of the more remarkable performing ensembles in town -- are forsaking the rarefied environs of Broadway and reconnecting with their downtown roots for an evening of new and unexpected non-musical theater musical stylings. Michael Cerveris and his band perform songs from his first album, Dog Eared as well as debuting songs from his forthcoming release The Hinterlands EPs (both available on Low Heat Records) due out in early autumn.

Manoel Felciano, Lauren Molina, Ben Magnuson, Donna Lynne Champlin, and the rest of the cast perform a mixture of their own songs and covers, joined by many other members of the Sweeney Todd company of actor/musicians.

They are also joined by two very special guests: the quixotic and exquisite Nellie McKay (Threepenny Opera) and the silver-voiced Duncan Sheik (Spring Awakening), who perform songs of their own and others.

The evening is being organized by Cerveris as a benefit for BC/EFA, an entertainment industry leader in the fight against AIDS and in the support and care of persons afflicted with and affected by this devastating illness.

http://www.theatermania.com/content/show.cfm/show/122938

queendork
#7re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 4:02pm

Updated On: 8/28/06 at 04:02 PM

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#8re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 4:09pm

oh man! I wish I could go! Damn Texas!

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

chealion313
#9re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 4:12pm

-I'm going, though I'm sort of afraid it's going to be mainly high school-age kids in attendance since it's 16 and over. -

That's what I'm afraid of, too, but I'll be there regardless!

Updated On: 8/20/06 at 04:12 PM

#10re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 4:14pm

i especially wanted to go for nellie mckay!

xoxRogue Profile Photo
xoxRogue
#11re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 4:31pm

I'm going, though I'm sort of afraid it's going to be mainly high school-age kids in attendance since it's 16 and over.

What's wrong with older teens (not "kids")?

Shari Lewis: Did you ever wish upon a star? Lamb Chop: I once asked Mr. Rogers for his autograph.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel Profile Photo
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#12re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 4:55pm

I wish I could go, but I'm not 16 'till October...

C is for Company
#13re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 5:00pm

I wish I could go but I'm broke and have plans already for tomorrow. I'd love to see the cast again and Nellie, she was standout in Threepenny

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#14re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 5:06pm

For all of you who aren't sixteen or older, I'm sure they'll let you in as long as you look it.

Anyway, I can't go. blah. Updated On: 8/20/06 at 05:06 PM

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#15re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 5:07pm

I've heard from numerous people that they are carding people.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#16re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 5:21pm

I sooooo wish I could be there re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Fantabulous428 Profile Photo
Fantabulous428
#17re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 5:44pm

Anyone going to this that is picking up their ticket at the BO? I just want to clarify....but the tickets have to be picked up at the Mercury Lounge, not the Bowery, right?

I recognize the addiction to being alive.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#18re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 5:48pm

I'm sooo excited.

I have a ticket to sell as well, but wasn't counting on having any luck here--figured I'd hopefully be able to sell it at the door.

It's gonna be pretty long--almost 3 hours maybe. There will be full sets from Cerveris, Duncan Shiek, and Nellie McKay. Every other Sweeney cast member who will be there was responsible for one song, but they could be involved in several or something...I don't know, this part I was told I'll just have to wait and see on. Pooh.

Also, be sure to stop by the merchandise stand. I know they're selling Lauren's shirts, and some CDs of anyone who has one...maybe a couple BCEFA things, and you could also sign up for mailing lists? So yeah...stop by the merchandise stand re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

MOXIEINTHECITY
#19re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:28pm

I might be interested in buying two tickets. The BF wants to go because he's an actor. I'm more than "meh" about it. I like Duncan Sheik but, I'm sorry, I'm not much of a fan of the "solo" work idea. So, if anyone wnats to sell their tixs, please PM me.

Fantabulous428
#20re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 9:55pm

Beachbum: if you're out there...you don't accept PMs!

beachbum
#21re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:09pm

Really? That is strange, oh well, thanks for letting me know.

Stagedoor2
#22re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:21pm

Hey Fantabulous -- did anyone answer your question about will call tickets? I'm supposed to pick mine up as well and didn't really pay attention to where???

Fantabulous428
#23re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:30pm

Nope. I think they get picked up at the Mercury Lounge, but I'm not positive.

beachbum
#24re: Sweeney on Fleet Street - Aug 21 - Who's Going
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:32pm

I'm pretty sure you have to pick them up at the Mercury Lounge before 7, the website says to pick them up there but I'm not sure either.

Videos