News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Spring Awakening stage door

bwayfan101
#1Spring Awakening stage door
Posted: 9/21/15 at 12:50pm

Hello everyone! 

I am seeing spring awakening in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the stage door is like? How long does it take everyone to come out? I'm seeing the night show and will need to catch the train! 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#2Spring Awakening stage door
Posted: 9/21/15 at 1:00pm

I stage-doored a matinee and pretty much everyone came out. The only person who didn't stop to sign was Patrick Page, probably in a hurry to get dinner before the evening show. It was kinda crowded, particularly at the place where the barricade stopped, but not crazy. 

I'd recommend learning some basic words/phrases in ASL to communicate with the deaf actors. Andy Mientus did a segment in his vlog showing different useful phrases for the stage-door:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2A6CWv6U8o 7:42

vintagebatman
#3Spring Awakening stage door
Posted: 9/21/15 at 4:48pm

I had a similar experience going to an evening show. Almost all of the cast stopped and it wasn't a long wait for the first few members, maybe fifteen minutes. Barricade was mostly crowded on the ends where people asked for photos. The cast were all very nice, and definitely appreciate us all being there. I would say any train after 11:15 is a safe bet for evening anyway.

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#4Spring Awakening stage door
Posted: 9/21/15 at 8:21pm

Picked up my ticket yesterday as the matinee came out. Pretty much everyone came out.  Btw -Krysta Rodriguez's short hair makes you swoon at the beauty of her face

Videos