News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Play Dead for 13 year olds?

The Guilty One2 Profile Photo
The Guilty One2
#1Play Dead for 13 year olds?
Posted: 6/16/11 at 5:55pm

Hey guys. This is my first post and I was just wondering if Play Dead is appropriate for me and my friend? Both of our Mom's will be attending so I just don't want to feel awkward. So is there anything bad in it? Is it like PG-13 or R? Thanks for the help!

Updated On: 6/16/11 at 05:55 PM

The Guilty One2 Profile Photo
The Guilty One2
#2Play Dead for 13 year olds?
Posted: 6/16/11 at 7:50pm

Bump. I'm sorry, if I am being annoying. We are planning a trip to the City and we are seeing Book of Mormon, How to Suceed, and we need one more show!

Leia947
#2Play Dead for 13 year olds?
Posted: 6/16/11 at 9:22pm

It's definitely a little creepy and deals with some unsettling subject manner like pedophilia, cannibalism, some talk of sex and brief nudity. There's also a bit of fake blood. So it depends on how mature the 13-year olds are. I'd say maybe 16 and older is good.

"And I'm a grown up....I don't go on vacations....I go to Broadway." - dramamama611

"Even I think that's hot, and I'm a straight guy. If I ever become gay he is the reason." - Drunk Chita Rivera on Gavin Creel

"Leia947 is my theatre mamma, and I love her for it." - AndAllThatJazz22

#3Play Dead for 13 year olds?
Posted: 6/16/11 at 10:06pm

I'd agree with Leia -- it's a PG-16, if there were such a thing. But if you're seeing Book of Mormon (def an R) no need to worry about its profanity ratings.

Videos