News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Legally Blonde - 7/9 matinee

tcre84
#1Legally Blonde - 7/9 matinee
Posted: 7/9/08 at 11:22pm

I have been on these boards forever and have only posted a few times. I must post some thoughts of this afternoon's performance of Legally Blonde. Please feel free to comment, but remember they are just my opinions, so try to be a little nice! Legally Blonde - 7/9 matinee

I wanted to see the show because I was hoping Kate Rockwell would be Elle. I hoped and hoped and when I got tot he theatre and checked the board.....it was freaking EMPTY! The first time I have ever walked into that theatre with the full cast in attendance. WOW!

It was a few people's first show..Cara Massey in the Gallen track, Dani now in the Becky track and Barry Anderson in the Bryce/Noah track.

I have seen the show many times (I freely admit it) and I was really let down. It just seemed a mess. The principles were great, Kate Shindle is a pure professional. Always in the moment and constantly thinking! Natlie was very animated. Orfeh...brilliant as always! Andy Karl is always in character and just a joy to watch! Christian seemed to be racing through the show, Nicolette was laughing through everything and then mumbled every line of dialogue. The "PMS" girls were great, I love Kate Rockwell (no Annaleigh), but great. I am so happy she doesn't have that maternity looking outfit that Haven wore. She looks hot!

Laura Bell was....well...Laura Bell....seemed very out of breath and unsteady on her notes. "So Much Better" was all over the place. That new note placement just seemed odd. She was fooling around a lot and was very comical, but vocally just not like she was back in previews.

Casey Leigh Thompson is my new star!!!! That girl is a fireball. Hysterical and a fantastic dancer! Wouldn't she be a great Serena!!!???

The other girls were fooling around, talking and all that. Same with the men, no characters, just going through the paces. One male ensemble member was just having a grand old time trying to get people to laugh by grabbing body parts and all that (he should really be careful, he is now "famous" on MTV)

The audience was filled with a summer camp, but really well behaved.

Fun time at the Palace, but just a little discouraging seeing performers get away with what they do.

Ok, well there ya go! Just my opinion!
Thanks!

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#2re: Legally Blonde - 7/9 matinee
Posted: 7/9/08 at 11:28pm

Dani Speiler is only covering Becky Gulsvig's track until the runner up on the MTV reality show takes over full time.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

dinglehopper89
#2re: Legally Blonde - 7/9 matinee
Posted: 7/9/08 at 11:54pm

I had glanced at the board a few weeks ago and it was empty as well and I was like WHOA! because the last time I had seen that board it was full of understudies.
It's nice to hear most of the principles are still holding up. Kind of weird how the one who hasn't even been doing the show as long as the others is the one that's slacking off already.
I'm most likely going to Laura Bell's last show so let's see how she does behind the waterworks.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#3re: Legally Blonde - 7/9 matinee
Posted: 7/10/08 at 12:00am

It was also empty tonight. I purposely checked it on my way to Spring Awakening for the same reason you did...with Becky gone, Kate Rockwell's first performance as Elle will be sometime this week, since LBB never does 8 shows anymore.

But alas, tonight it was completely empty, which is the very first time I've seen that at that show.
Updated On: 7/10/08 at 12:00 AM

imnotthatmart Profile Photo
imnotthatmart
#4re: Legally Blonde - 7/9 matinee
Posted: 7/10/08 at 1:11am

Does anybody know exactly when her first show will be?

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#5re: Legally Blonde - 7/9 matinee
Posted: 7/10/08 at 1:22am

Casey Leigh Thompson is my new star!!!! That girl is a fireball. Hysterical and a fantastic dancer! Wouldn't she be a great Serena!!!???

Wow- I totally thought she'd left wayback when Kittrell left, glad to hear that she's still there, she was absolutely a highlight the last time I saw Blonde.

Boq101
#6re: Legally Blonde - 7/9 matinee
Posted: 7/10/08 at 4:16am

I'm so happy for Kittrell for leaving the show, the girl deserves better.

Laura Bell's attitude doesn't even phase me anymore...

Videos