News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Laura Benanti

pimpernel86 Profile Photo
pimpernel86
#0Laura Benanti
Posted: 4/30/04 at 12:21pm

Hey everybody....I'm Laura's biggest fan in the world and her website hasn't been updated in over a month! I heard she was recording an album...does anybody know when it is coming out? Is she performing anytime soon? I think she would be the best choice to replace Kristin Chenoweth in Wicked....Also, is it true that her mother teaches voice in New Jersey? Does anybody have the number??

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#1re: Laura Benanti
Posted: 4/30/04 at 4:38pm

My friend and I run the website, and usually we put up Laura news the second we get it, so if there hasn't been an update in a while, it's because we've received no news. All I can say is keep checking the website.

As for the phone number of Laura's mom, I don't think that's out for the public, and with good reason considering that it's out everywhere that Laura takes lessons with her.

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

Cyndy Profile Photo
Cyndy
#2re: re: Laura Benanti
Posted: 4/30/04 at 4:57pm

Laura Benanti will be in the Los Angeles Opera presentation of 'A Little Night Music', July 7-31th at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion. Laura will be playing the role of Anne. Here are links to a Playbill article and to Los Angeles Opera's homepage.
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/85920.html
http://www.losangelesopera.com/home/index.asp

"If there is to be any peace it will come through being, not having." Henry Miller

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#3re: re: re: Laura Benanti
Posted: 4/30/04 at 5:59pm

"Also, is it true that her mother teaches voice in New Jersey? Does anybody have the number??"

Wow. Ok. Even if someone DID have the number, I (and maybe I'm the only one here) would see it as a MAJOR invasion of privacy to even consider giving it out. I'm sorry, I can't believe anyone even asked that...

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

Doogie Profile Photo
Doogie
#4re: re: re: re: Laura Benanti
Posted: 4/30/04 at 8:27pm

Wow... I always thought I was Laura's biggest fan... whatever... I'll live re: re: re: re: Laura Benanti Yeah Laura is great, she really invests herself in whatever role she plays.... As for asking for a phone number on ANY website... just use common sense. NOT a good idea.

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#5re: re: re: re: re: Laura Benanti
Posted: 5/1/04 at 1:36am

Hey there

Laura is one of my closest friends...and no, I'm not just saying that. She is doing very well and yes, she is working on doing some recording of her own music. If anyone saw the Embrace concert to benefit The Matthew Shepard Foundation, you got a sneak peak at some of Laura's own material. No date for release or any such thing has been announced (or even planned for that matter), but it is something she is working on (and might I add, getting a wonderful response for). Since she doesn't really visit the boards (and rarely even checks her own email), I will relay the very kind comments you all had. and believe me, your kind words mean a lot to her.

thanks.
jamie

"There is nothing scary about life, if you are not attached to the results." - Conversations With God

Videos