News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Jersey Boys 1-10-05 review....and a Nicole Kidman Sighting

Jersey Boys 1-10-05 review....and a Nicole Kidman Sighting

Icbanannie Profile Photo
Icbanannie
#0Jersey Boys 1-10-05 review....and a Nicole Kidman Sighting
Posted: 1/11/06 at 1:02pm

So I went to see Jersey Boys on tuesday with 19 members of my family...yeah I know thats a lot of people. But it was a holiday thing we decided to do together. As a 21 yr old I did not grow up listening to the 4 seasons as my family members did, so I was not inclined as they were to sing along to the show.

That being said, I really enjoyed this show for its theatrical quality and story. Yeah its a jukebox musical, something I usually cannot handle, but it really had a lot of heart. The 4 main actors are excellent, especially John Loyd Young who plays Frankie Valli. He is sensational and kits those high notes with ease. The ensemble is good, they all play instruments during the show which is nice (no orcestra pit).

If you like the 4 seasons this is the jackpot for you. The tickets are really expensive, nothing less then $90 even in the rear mezz. I would reccomend it simply because I think it will be a contender at the Tony's in some catagories, and it is truly entertaining.

Hope you all enjoyed the review......oo and also Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban were there in the audience and my cousin and I went to talk to her. She was enjoying the show, and she even waved to my family members in the mezz. Random tidbit, i know.

RentBoy86
#1re: Jersey Boys 1-10-05 review....and a Nicole Kidman Sighting
Posted: 1/11/06 at 1:10pm

I'm surprised she didn't have people all around her. She was just there by herself and Keith? weird. Good publicity for the show though. So if there's no orchestra in the pit, do ppl sit in it too? I know they did for ReNT when the tour came here, just wondering. Sorta like Chicago.

#2re: Jersey Boys 1-10-05 review....and a Nicole Kidman Sighting
Posted: 1/11/06 at 1:55pm

Oh I'm going to see Keith Urban in concert in February re: Jersey Boys 1-10-05 review....and a Nicole Kidman Sighting i'm excited. And I'm going to see Jersey Boys in June, so we almost have a lot in common, but not really.

Brokenlizard14 Profile Photo
Brokenlizard14
#3re: Jersey Boys 1-10-05 review....and a Nicole Kidman Sighting
Posted: 1/11/06 at 2:00pm

I seriously cannot wait to see this show. It's killing me. I've been listening to the cast recording nonstop.

It's awesome you got to see Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban. I don't care so much who's in the audience when I see it. All my attention will DEFINITELY be on the stage. lol...Not that it would be bad to get to see someone famous...hhmmm...

bwayondabrain
#4re: Jersey Boys 1-10-05 review....and a Nicole Kidman Sighting
Posted: 1/12/06 at 4:32pm

thats awsome you talked to her, though!
and you are lucky to have been able to see jersey boys! i really wanna see it, but have to wait till like july!!!

i envy you...

:)

PJ
#5re: Jersey Boys 1-10-05 review....and a Nicole Kidman Sighting
Posted: 1/12/06 at 5:52pm

The one night I don't work at the August Wilson and Nicole friggin' Kidman shows up! First I missed Liza, and now Nicole. Dammit.

Hank
#6re: Jersey Boys 1-10-05 review....and a Nicole Kidman Sighting
Posted: 1/12/06 at 6:02pm

You stated that JLY "hit those high notes with ease".
It's been noted here on another thread a few days ago that he missed a few performances, and when he was on his voice has been strained.
I've been wondering how long can he go on at this pace, but it's good to hear that you enjoyed it.

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#7re: Jersey Boys 1-10-05 review....and a Nicole Kidman Sighting
Posted: 1/12/06 at 6:33pm

Victor Garber was standing right to the right of me in line for Jersey Boys... He wasn't going to the show, but it was cool... lol. And Jersey Boys is very fun, but not as good as I expected seeing as the reviews were almost completely positive. But it was definitely worth the $26.25 student RUSH tickets.

wicked_mimi
#8re: Jersey Boys 1-10-05 review....and a Nicole Kidman Sighting
Posted: 1/12/06 at 11:02pm

There still are musicians backstage at Jersey Boys, there just is no pit. You can see them pop out at curtain call. As for JLY... I saw the show last night. I saw him at the second show of the day and his voice only started to give out in the second act. People who haven't heard him at his best couldn't tell and still thought he was phenomenal... but I saw him in early December and his voice is not what is was then. His voice is fine until he goes into the high falsetto and then it just sounds like he is having trouble with it. The faces he makes also leads me to believe he is having to work a little harder to get up there than he used to. His performance is still great though...

Videos