News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

How Does TodayTix work, exactly?

How Does TodayTix work, exactly?

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#1How Does TodayTix work, exactly?
Posted: 12/13/14 at 5:05pm

Hi all! I'm buying tickets to Side Show for tomorrow, and I want to use the TodayTix app what with the good prices and the codes.
But what I don't understand is if I want the paper ticket, what to do. What happens with this concierge service? Can I get my tickets earlier than 1/2 hour before curtain? Thanks in advanced!

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#2How Does TodayTix work, exactly?
Posted: 12/13/14 at 5:17pm

You buy online and meet the concierge 30 mins before curtain outside the theatre. They give you the paper ticket then. They are clearly identifiable. You don't know your extract tickets until you get them. I have used hem twice and was very happy with the service and the seat

smc1052
#2How Does TodayTix work, exactly?
Posted: 12/13/14 at 5:22pm

If you use the promo code HPIDE, you'll save $20 on your first purchase!

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#3How Does TodayTix work, exactly?
Posted: 12/13/14 at 5:35pm

Thanks so much! I'm very excited to see the show before it closes!

Hairspray0901
#4How Does TodayTix work, exactly?
Posted: 12/13/14 at 6:46pm

I used todaytix to see sideshow on thursday and ended up with a great seat in the rear orchestra - row P, seat 1. The concierge got to the theater about 25 minutes prior to curtain and was wearing a today tix shirt. If you use code FDFRS at checkout you will save $20 as well!! How Does TodayTix work, exactly?

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#5How Does TodayTix work, exactly?
Posted: 12/13/14 at 6:51pm

Am I suppose to/should I tip the ticket deliverer?

smc1052
#6How Does TodayTix work, exactly?
Posted: 12/13/14 at 9:34pm

No! You do not have to tip them! You'll get an email after you order your tickets saying that you shouldn't.

fallingawake Profile Photo
fallingawake
#7How Does TodayTix work, exactly?
Posted: 12/13/14 at 9:36pm

No tipping is necessary. They are doing exactly what someone at the box office does when you have will call tickets. You give your name and they give you your ticket. I used them once, but I can't remember if you have to show ID or not, but it may vary (also similar to box office will call).

They will be very easily recognizable, wearing a red TodayTix t-shirt or jacket with the logo, so don't interpret their use of the word 'concierge' as anything fancy.

Susanswerphone Profile Photo
Susanswerphone
#8How Does TodayTix work, exactly?
Posted: 12/14/14 at 12:34am

Maddie,
Just because someone tells you that you don't have to tip a service provider, it doesn't mean that you absolutely cannot if you choose to do so. The concierge service is a little different than someone handing you a ticket at a will call window. The person in the box office has a union, benefits and relatively comfortable work environment, compared to standing in freezing cold, rain/snow or the inexorable heat (and smell) known as summer in Manhattan.
I use TodayTix often and always tip and will continue to do so. The concierges sometimes protest, but most often just offer a gracious thank you.
I hope you enjoy Side Show as much as I did.

Videos