News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Help me decide

Tkristop
#1Help me decide
Posted: 9/3/24 at 10:44pm

You all were great to help me decide on shows for West End, and now I’m asking for advice on shows in NYC for early November. I have room for 5 shows.

Which ones are must sees or you think will be or which ones to take off list?

death becomes her
outsiders
the roommate
tammy faye
water for elephants
sunset blvd
great gatsby
maybe happy ending
a wonderful world
mcneal
something else?

Thanks so much as always!

Updated On: 9/3/24 at 10:44 PM

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#2Help me decide
Posted: 9/3/24 at 10:57pm

It completely depends on your taste, but I would highly recommend Teeth and Suffs.  Great Gatsby, Wonderful World, and Outsiders will have Thursday matinee's, and Tammy Faye has Sunday evenings, just so you know.  Sunset Blvd is the show I’m most looking forward to this fall, it seems like a must see.  You can do much better than Water for Elephants.  Theres also Ragtime at city center if you are interested in seeing a show there.  Are you coming before or after Election Day?  Do you like campy things, political things?  Are you more into plays or musicals?

Tkristop
#3Help me decide
Posted: 9/5/24 at 6:17pm

Thanks - my problem is I like it all! 
I would pick a musical over a play generally. 
I usually visit once a year, but I haven’t been since last May.
I appreciate your opinions! 

Dan6
#4Help me decide
Posted: 9/5/24 at 6:49pm

Suffs should be on your list…I enjoyed it more than Outsiders, and WAY more than Water for Elephants or Gatsby. You also might want to look into Ragtime (amazing cast), Swept Away, Yellow Face, and SH*T. Meet. Fan (with Neil Patrick Harris, Jane Krakowski, and Debra Messing). And if you’re there before Oh, Mary! closes on 11/10 (and can find a ticket), that really is a must-see. 

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#5Help me decide
Posted: 9/5/24 at 7:06pm

If you can not decide, just go by best price and best seating. Or wait until the day of the show and see what TKTS can offer. Let fate decide.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#6Help me decide
Posted: 9/5/24 at 7:47pm

Water for Elephants, without a doubt. It's like nothing else I've seen before.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#7Help me decide
Posted: 9/5/24 at 7:52pm

• Oh, Mary!
  • Ragtime at city center until 11/10
  • SUFFS
  • Sunset Boulevard
  • The Roommate for Mia Farrow & Patti Lupone if no interest then Outsiders 

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Broadway Flash
#8Help me decide
Posted: 9/5/24 at 8:38pm

For my own taste I’d choose

Suffs, Sunset blvd, Teeth.  Tammy Faye, The Hills of California, and Death Becomes her would be high on my list, ( assuming they’re  good), 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#9Help me decide
Posted: 9/5/24 at 8:56pm

On word of mouth alone, I’d say:

• Ragtime
  • Cabaret
  • Sh*t. Meet. Fan.
  • Hold On to Me Darling
  • Oh, Mary!
  • Stereophonic
  • Suffs
  • Sunset Boulevard 

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 9/5/24 at 08:56 PM

Broadway Flash
#10Help me decide
Posted: 9/5/24 at 9:42pm

You could also try to fit in more if you see a Thursday matinee of outsiders or great gatsby and Sunday evening of Tammy Faye 

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#11Help me decide
Posted: 9/5/24 at 9:59pm

I may be in the minority but although The Outsiders is a great production, I found it too violent and don't like that type of bloody, extremely violent shows. So I didn't enjoy it at all. I went to Water For Elephants with my friend visiting from the UK and we absolutely loved it and he told me it was the best show he's seen in his life. Gatsby I went to see with my ex, and although the production, Jeremy Jordan and the costumes are amazing, we weren't engaged. I can't talk about the other shows because I haven't seen them.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Tkristop
#12Help me decide
Posted: 9/8/24 at 1:52pm

Thanks! 
so I now have Ragtime (wow what a cast and I love loved c. levy in next to normal)
sh*t hit fan
Tammy Faye…
oh Mary is available and might pull the trigger (but do you think it really worth $353 ticket)?

and the last one will be either death becomes her, sunset blvd, or maybe happy ending——leaning towards sunset due to the west end success
thanks again for your opinions! So helpful

Broadway Flash
#13Help me decide
Posted: 9/8/24 at 2:42pm

I would not spend that on Oh Mary.  Plus it’s going to extend through June, so u can possibly catch it some other time.  I would do Sunset Blvd and Death Becomes Her as your last two. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#14Help me decide
Posted: 9/8/24 at 2:50pm

Solid lineup! While I liked Oh, Mary a lot, I do not think it is worth $353.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Videos