News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025

HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025
Posted: 9/1/24 at 10:45am

Is this looking at a Broadway house, or is it, say, returning to New World Stages?

Oh look, a bibu!

JoeW4 Profile Photo
JoeW4
#3HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025
Posted: 9/1/24 at 10:54am

EDSOSLO858 said: "Is this looking at a Broadway house, or is it, say, returning to New World Stages?"

General rule of thumb in my anecdotal experience: If the marketing/press release says "NYC," that's probably code for "not Broadway." Because most shows aiming for Broadway will say that explicitly (even if they don't actually manage to get to Broadway).

I'm sure there are exceptions, but I feel like that tends to be the pattern.

Updated On: 9/1/24 at 10:54 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#4HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025
Posted: 9/1/24 at 10:56am

This wording is so vague it could meaning anything from a concert to a full production. 
(also, their NYC art looks like the title card of Futurama)

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

A.J.
#5HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025
Posted: 9/1/24 at 11:59am

Announcing on the Sunday morning before Labour Day is an odd choice. I understand the date is a reference to the show, but is that gag really worth it when many people aren’t paying attention on that day?

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#6HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025
Posted: 9/1/24 at 12:00pm

They need to do this unhinged pure 80s

The costume's and that UFO set were horrid 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#7HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025
Posted: 9/1/24 at 5:09pm

This is likely going to play city center or the beacon for two weeks in the spring and be a tour launch.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 9/1/24 at 05:09 PM

chrishuyen
#8HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025
Posted: 9/1/24 at 6:25pm

Call_me_jorge said: "This is going to play city center/the beaconfor two weeks in the spring and be a tour launch."

Is that a prediction or insider information?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#9HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 202
Posted: 9/1/24 at 6:48pm

chrishuyen said: "Call_me_jorge said: "This is going to play city center/the beaconfor two weeks in the spring and be a tour launch."

Is that a prediction or insider information?
"

Prediction, lol. I’ll edit to clarify.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#10HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025
Posted: 9/1/24 at 6:48pm

Maybe reading into it too much but the site says,
"You hope, you dream, you pray...and you get your way".

I know they wanted to get to Broadway when it first opened off-Broadway. I am thinking that is what is happening with those lyrics being used. But again, I may just be reading into it too much.

Just give the world Love.

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#11HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025
Posted: 9/1/24 at 6:58pm

Given the original London iterations of the show were only ever supposed to be an off-West End engagement too, I could see it making the jump to Broadway if and only if the show actually lands well with audiences and it isn’t completely review-shunned for being too “inappropriate” for America.

They must just be playing this by ear and feeling it out, and I concur with other posters it will probably be a very limited fan engagement to start, and then … who knows? Maybe extensions, a tour, a transfer? I’m sure they would love to go to Broadway but I am also sure they know what they are up against. I don’t think these producers are stupid.

Updated On: 9/1/24 at 06:58 PM

chrishuyen
#12HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025
Posted: 9/1/24 at 7:00pm

I wonder if they'd do a limited run off Broadway just to see if it has legs to get to Broadway (or a potential tour launch like call_me_jorge mentioned)

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#13HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025
Posted: 9/1/24 at 7:08pm

Also, Leslie Kritzer as Ms. Fleming. Please.

Please please please.

Updated On: 9/1/24 at 07:08 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#14HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025
Posted: 9/1/24 at 8:57pm

This would flop in a Broadway house unless there's some names in it. Keep it Off-Broadway and then let it tour.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#15HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025
Posted: 9/1/24 at 11:25pm

DiscoCrows said: "Also, Leslie Kritzer as Ms. Fleming. Please.
Pleaseplease please.
"

What the hell did Kritzer ever do to you, for you to wish something so awful for her.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#16HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to return to New York in 2025
Posted: 9/2/24 at 2:04am

I really hope it’s a new production, and not the London version of the show.  The original off broadway costumes were way nicer than what they have in London.  They also must restore the lyrics back to what they had in ny.  The material deserves a first rate production, I wouldn’t mind if Barrett Wilbert Weed and Jessica Wynn return as Veronica and Heather.  Some of these women in the uk sound Dutch or Swedish or something trying to do an American accent, so it’ll be nice to hear it the way it’s supposed to sound.  Given how popular it is, I think a  limited engagement run on Broadway would be a good launchpad for a national tour.  Larry okeefe deserves a Tony for his INCREDIBLE score.  Truly one of the best of this century. 

Videos