News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Elaine Strich and Barbara Cook both performing Saturday May 19 in LA

Elaine Strich and Barbara Cook both performing Saturday May 19 in LA

theaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
#1Elaine Strich and Barbara Cook both performing Saturday May 19 in LA
Posted: 5/11/12 at 1:04pm

Elaine at Disney Hall and Barbara at the Valley Performing arts center. Elaine is sold out and Barbara is on Goldstar. You think they will both go to Follies while in town? Elaine cancelled her gig in San Francisco last month.

Updated On: 5/11/12 at 01:04 PM

theaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
#2Elaine Strich and Barbara Cook both performing Saturday May 19 in LA
Posted: 5/11/12 at 1:14pm

Kind of bummed they are both on the same night. And it is also Long Beach gay pride. crap.. when it rains it pours.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#2Elaine Strich and Barbara Cook both performing Saturday May 19 in LA
Posted: 5/11/12 at 1:31pm

I had tickets for both and (foolishly) gave up my Elaine tickets, a decisions i've regretted for months now. Barbara better deliver!

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

SingOutLouise2 Profile Photo
SingOutLouise2
#3Elaine Strich and Barbara Cook both performing Saturday May 19 in LA
Posted: 5/11/12 at 3:21pm

I'm seeing Follies at 2 and Stritch at 8.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#4Elaine Strich and Barbara Cook both performing Saturday May 19 in LA
Posted: 5/11/12 at 7:15pm

I think many are.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#5Elaine Strich and Barbara Cook both performing Saturday May 19 in LA
Posted: 5/16/12 at 9:36pm

Just my luck:

ALERT:

The Valley Performing Arts Center regretfully announces that due to an unexpected reaction to medication, Barbara Cook has been forced to postpone her performance originally scheduled at the Valley Performing Arts Center Great hall on Saturday, May 19, 2012.

This concert has been rescheduled to Saturday, June 30, 2012 at 8 pm.

Tickets for the May 19 date will be honored on the new date of June 30th. Should a patron be unable to attend the rescheduled concert, a request for a refund must be made to our Ticket Office by 4pm on Tuesday, June 5, 2012.

Miss Cook and the Valley Performing Arts Center sincerely apologize for the postponement and look forward to seeing you on the new date and at future events here at The Valley Performing Arts Center.

http://www.valleyperformingartscenter.org/calendar/barbara-cook/

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

SingOutLouise2 Profile Photo
SingOutLouise2
#6Elaine Strich and Barbara Cook both performing Saturday May 19 in LA
Posted: 5/16/12 at 10:27pm

You can still buy tickets to Stritch there are 4 left.

Videos