News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM

DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#0DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/17/05 at 9:52pm

So I saw Lennon for the third time today. I sat in AA108. I'm not very good at writing reviews, so bear with me.

Full cast today.

Having really enjoyed the show the last 2 times I saw it, I didn't think it could be any better. I was wrong. Today was by far my favorite performance out of the 3 that I've seen.
I've said in the past that Terrence Mann looks like he doesn't really want to be there, but today that was not true. He seemed to be enjoying himself, and he was much funnier than usual. example, in the David Frost bit, when he was talking about Marcy's song, he went "Woman is the Nnnnay- Nay of the World." And then in "Watchin' the Wheels," when Will says the bit about people telling him he's lost his mind, Terrence leaned over, tapped him, and mouthed "You've lost your mind." It was cute.

Marcy tore up "Woman is the N____ of the World," as usual. She's awesome.Her Elton John part cracks me up. Mandy Gonzalez is funny and she has a killer voice. Julia Murney doesn't get to show off her voice much, but when she does, it's incredible. Chuck Cooper has an amazing voice. 'Nuff said. As does Michael Potts. Julie Danao-Salkin's "Grow Old With Me" is beautiful.

Instead of continuing on my babbling, I'll just end this by saying that I will admit there are a lot of flaws in the book, etc., but I still liked this show.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#1re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/17/05 at 9:58pm

Updated On: 9/17/05 at 09:58 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#2re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/17/05 at 9:58pm

I really want to see this show!!

Great review!

dancingthrulife04
#3re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/17/05 at 10:01pm

Thanks!
If you get the chance to see this show before it closes, you absolutely should.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

BSoBW2
#4re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/17/05 at 10:12pm

nice!

glad you liked it.

tmz814 Profile Photo
tmz814
#5re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/18/05 at 12:58am

I have a feeling that the energy onstage for the rest of the final week will be amazing at this show. I can't wait to see it again on Monday night...

We've all got our junk and my junk is you!

FindingNamo
#6re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/18/05 at 1:02am

Did you go to the stage door? I'm wondering if Julie had anything good to say.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

dancingthrulife04
#7re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/18/05 at 8:26pm

I'm not sure if that was sarcastic or not, but yes I did go to the stage door. And I don't know if "Hi, how are you?" counts for anything.

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#8re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/18/05 at 8:32pm

I was at that show as well!! I think I was like, a few seats down from you! I REALLY had an amazing time, and i'm so glad I caught the show before it ends. Marcy is my goddess! I stage doored too, and I told her, "I love your hair!" and she looks at my head of curls and goes, "thanks, I l,ove HYOUJRS rtoo!" haha it was great. I really should try to see this one more time before next week...

(DTL, were you at B'way on B'way today? I was talking to someone who was at the show too, I was just wondering lol)

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!
Updated On: 9/18/05 at 08:32 PM

dancingthrulife04
#9re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/18/05 at 8:49pm

Oh, I stage doored too. That was much amusement. I was told by a few of the castmembers that I looked very happy watching the show. Mandy made me laugh. We were talking and she went "It was nice seeing you in the front row. You were like, 'Yaaay!'"

(And yes, I was at B'way on B'way today. I didn't talk to anyone about Lennon, though.)

iluvtheatertrash
#10re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/18/05 at 10:12pm

I wanted to remind you all that Thursday is Marcy's FINAL performance and Nichole will go on for the final three performances.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#11re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/18/05 at 10:23pm

i saw lennon last night, the cast was amazing.

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#12re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/18/05 at 10:24pm

really? where are you getting this info?

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#13re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/18/05 at 10:26pm

Msrcy is leaving, she said she had personal days scheduled before the closing was posted.

Idina_obsession Profile Photo
Idina_obsession
#14re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/19/05 at 12:41pm

saturday's matinee was an awesome show and they were just nuts because as julia said "well since we're closing we kind of left with our pants down so we're like 'ooooh what can we do today??'" and how cute were will's little girls sitting with darin? so adorable!

"I looooove being on the road!!! I got to drive up here in a van with all the guyyys...i wake up at 1 in the afternoon...i played poker with them last niiight its so much fun! its when my dark side comes out...then i go home and im like "LETS HAVE BABIES!!!!"-idina menzel <3 Samantha

dancingthrulife04
#15re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17 2:00 PM
Posted: 9/19/05 at 3:30pm

Cathy- They're right. Marcy's last day is Thursday. re: DTL revisits 'Lennon' - 9/17  2:00 PM

Videos