News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

BROADWAY MARATHON 2005

pepevaldes Profile Photo
pepevaldes
#0BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 4:37am

Hey Everyone:
I'm a Mexican Broadway fan. In December 2005 Im going to do a trip that I've been dreaming about for years. 11 shows in a week.
this is my temptative schedule starting Monday December 12, 2005:
Monday: Christmas Spectacular and Chicago
Tuesday: Wicked
Wednesday: Moving Out and Hairspray
Thursday: Avenue Q
Friday: Rent
Saturday: Spamalot and Beauty and the Beast
Sunday: The Producers and Mamma Mia

I've already seen Lion King, Phantom and Les Mis....

Do you have any suggestions? Where to buy many tickets cheaper? I;m planning to buy the tickets in july, what do you think? This is all my plan, but I cant be that much into theater if Im not living there in NYC. So I beg anyone for any advice you may have or if you know someone that has done something similar. Thank u very much for your time.

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#1re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 1:54pm

If I were you, I would look into getting tickets as soon as possible for some of those shows, namely Spamalot (for which the box office is insane!) You can buy them cheaper at the TKTS booth IN New York, but I don't know of anywhere online where cheaper tickets can be found.

Hope this helped a little:) Good Luck!

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

#2re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 2:05pm

tickets for december 2005 probably arent on sale yet, no?

Dextrous Existence
#3re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 2:18pm

Wow! I wish I had that much money to see all those shows. Have a WONDERFUL trip! May I recommend seeing "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels"? Heh, maybe in place of "Mamma Mia"?

pepevaldes Profile Photo
pepevaldes
#4re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 2:19pm

Yeap, there is no site for TKTS online. My only resource for tickets right now is Ticketmaster. But total they will charge me around 100 extra dollars for all the tickets.

pepevaldes Profile Photo
pepevaldes
#5re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 2:26pm

Nope, I'm guessing they will come out around july. I only hope the show schedule does not change a lot for those days, so I can be able to watch all those shows in a week.

pepevaldes Profile Photo
pepevaldes
#6re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 2:27pm

I dont have that much money either. I'm doing lotteries to raise up some, saving like idiot and looking for a job. Its not that easy re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005.

AnothaPartofMe
#7re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 2:31pm

Your best bet for Christmas Spectacular, Chicago, Rent and Beauty... would be TKTs. Also look for online discounts once the date roles around. That week is the week before most discounts go on void because of it being the week before then of and after Christmas.

And if she'll say, "My darling, I'm yours!" I'll throw away my striped tie and my best pressed tweed, all I really need is the girl...

#8re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 3:20pm

Welcome!

(no relation)

ashley0139
#9re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 3:51pm

Just an idea- you can get cheaper tickets from theatermania.com. However, you will not be able to get them for next december but I recommed looking at it when the time gets closer.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

timote316
#10re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 7:30pm

A trip like that is my dream. Alas, it won't happen for me anytime soon lol

rainbow high
#11re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 8:31pm

Avenue Q, Hairspray, Rent, & Wicked all do a lotto & that's the cheapest way to get good seats. I know that Wicked is always majorly crowded (normally I would have said wicked crowded but my Boston roots would have turned against me for that ^_^), & that Rent is very undeterminable as to how many people will be there on what day. Avenue Q only pulls about 6 names. I don't know, if you need details about it you could PM me unless you already know about them & this post is really pointless.

Although, TKTS is a sure thing if they're selling tickets for that show that day, but there is 2 hours after a lotto where you could run over there if you lose it. Anyway, have fun...sounds like a great week!

etoile
#12re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 9:18pm

TKTS is never a sure thing, especially in December. And discount codes (like those found on theatermania or playbill) are even less likely for that time of year.

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#13re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 10:01pm

if you wanna see wicked...BUY TIX NOW!!!lol.

wicked1
#14re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
Posted: 1/8/05 at 10:21pm

Have a great trip!! I would try to see Wicked. It's my favorite show. The shows you listed are great too. I haven't seen them all but I've heard a lot of good things about the ones I haven't seen. Again, have a great time!!

Videos