News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's TONIGHT!

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#1BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's TONIGHT!
Posted: 5/31/07 at 9:35pm

Hey Everyone!
Hope to see you all in two weeks at BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's! It's going to be a blast!

-Jamie

Daniels, Diaz, Shindle Join Company of

Broadway Loves the 80's

Spelling Bee's Rocca to Host

Jamie McGonnigal and Joe’s Pub present Broadway Loves the 80's, a concert featuring your favorite Broadway stars singing their favorite hits of the awesomest decade ever!

Directed by McGonnigal with Music Direction by Ben Cohn, Broadway Loves the 80's will take place on Wednesday, June 13th at 11:30PM at Joe's Pub, 425 Lafayette Street, New York, NY. The cast will feature Aaron Albano (...Spelling Bee), Stanley Bahorek (...Spelling Bee), Kevin Cahoon (The Wedding Singer), Jennifer Colella (High Fidelity), Nikki Renee Daniels (Les Miserables), Natascia Diaz (Jacques Brel...), Adam Fleming (Wicked), Jared Gertner (...Spelling Bee), Lin-Manuel Miranda (In The Heights, Freestyle Love Supreme), Kate Shindle (Legally Blonde), Marty Thomas (Xanadu), and The Broadway Boys, Jesse Nager (Mary Poppins), Telly Leung (Rent), Tyler Maynard (Mary Poppins), Peter Matthew Smith (Hairspray), Daniel Calvert (Rent), and Michael James Scott (The Pirate Queen). Also performing will be Ellen Foley (Into The Woods, Me & My Girl) who is best known as Meatloaf's partner on his hit, "Paradise by the Dashboard Light." Other performers will be announced at a later date. The concert will be hosted by none other than VH1's "I Love The 80's" regular and brand new Broadway star, Mo Rocca.

Proceeds from the event will benefit the United Nations Association HERO Campaign. This summer, New York Producer/Director, Jamie McGonnigal will be traveling to South Africa and Namibia representing the United Nations Association's HERO Campaign. McGonnigal will be part of a select team of individuals supervising 20 Youth Ambassadors from high schools and colleges around the U.S., as they rebuild schools and dormitories in rural AIDS-affected areas of Africa. Donations in support of HERO's efforts can be made at http://heroyouthambassadors.kintera.org/jamiemcg

HERO: A UNA-USA Campaign is an awareness-building and fundraising initiative dedicated to helping support children living in HIV/AIDS-affected communities in sub-Saharan Africa. This new initiative, in partnership with USAID (United States Agency for International Development), strives to better the lives of children who have been orphaned or made vulnerable by HIV/AIDS by providing comprehensive, holistic school-based support. For more information, please visit www.heroaction.org.

All seats for Broadway Loves the 80's are $25. Tickets available at The Public Theater box office or through Telecharge: www.telecharge.com or 212.239.6200.

"There is nothing scary about life, if you are not attached to the results." - Conversations With God
Updated On: 6/13/07 at 09:35 PM

Mary6906 Profile Photo
Mary6906
#2re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/1/07 at 9:07am

I'll be there... got my ticket.

"A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand!"

Up In Lost
#2re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/1/07 at 9:49am

I'll be there! First Legally Blonde,then scrambling to get to Joe's Pub. Should be a fun, fun night.

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#3re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/1/07 at 12:02pm

3 words...

AIR SUPPLY MEDLEY.

"There is nothing scary about life, if you are not attached to the results." - Conversations With God

broadwaybaby086
#4re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/1/07 at 12:27pm

I'll be there. Pretty stoked.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#5re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/1/07 at 1:39pm

Not going to lie, I bought tickets right when this was announced. I loved the 80s.

And Air Supply? Really? Oh Jamie, thank you. Also thank you for Kate Shindle.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#6re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/1/07 at 6:32pm

Some exciting news to come. A few more VERY fun names will be added to the roster next week. Get your tickets now.

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#7re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/6/07 at 1:24pm

Hey everyone,

in case you missed it, Shoshana Bean, Sebastian Arcelus and Curtis Holbrook will all be joining us for the 80s concert next wednesday!

Hope to see you there!

J
Bean, Arcelus and Holbrook added to 80's Concert

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#8re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/12/07 at 3:47pm

Okay, so we're apparently close to selling out, so make sure you get your tickets for tomorrow night's show! Lots of fun and surprises in store...not to mention raffles! WOOHOO!

Hope to see you there!

Love, Jamie

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#9re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/12/07 at 3:48pm

Ahh, it's tomorrow?

Have to ask my roommate if she wants to go, if there are still tickets available. LOVE the eighties music.

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#10re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/12/07 at 5:06pm

Ya there's a few, I recommend calling Joe's Pub directly at 212-539-8778 for those tickets. Hope to see you!

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#11re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 8:28am

Who's comin tonight???

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#12re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 8:36am

once again i would, but stupid florida =9

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

ashley0139
#13re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:03am

I'll be there! So excited.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#14re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:22pm

Ummm I'm sorry to harp on this but I just listened to Jenn Colella do YOU SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG, currently Nikki Renee Daniels doing I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY...

YOU PEOPLE MUST COME TONIGHT!!!!!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#15re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:24pm

I wish I could be there!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

broadwaybaby086
#16re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:26pm

I'll be there!

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

yellibean2
#17re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:32pm

oh, I so wish I could make it! I'd love a full report, though. =D

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#18re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:34pm

I'll be there Jamie! Bought tickets before you even announced the cast, I love the 80's!

Please tell me what Kate Shindle is singing. Or do I just not want to know so I can die right there at my table....

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#19re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 6:59pm

Jamie- Shame on you for not asking the girl with golden hair to be in this.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 6/13/07 at 06:59 PM

Up In Lost
#20re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/14/07 at 2:29am

What a fun night! I would elaborate, but not do it justice at all.

To those who were there: My mother was the one who kept reaching for her glasses.

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#21re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/14/07 at 3:05am

That was such an enjoyable show tonight!
Everyone was so great, (and I loved the costumes, especially the retro t-shirts- makes me feel like digging out my She-Ra or Wonder Woman tshirt to wear tomorrow :)), but I have to give extra special props to Kate Shindle, who apparently today did the Today Show, two Legally Blondes, and then Broadway Loves the 80s to finish off the night?- that schedule just sounds exhausting to me.

To those who were there: My mother was the one who kept reaching for her glasses.

That was funny- but you guys did have the winning ticket. :)

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#22re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/14/07 at 8:40am

Kate actually didn't do the today show, which she was thanking the heavens for afterwards in the bathroom line, but she had done two Legally Blondes...

That was a MASSIVELY good time. Shame that now I'm hung over and at work, but... Jamie... congrats, you really know how to put on a show. The whole thing was first rate. And hysterical. And just so together and everyone was so ON - that is how all benefits should be.

I didn't know that I still knew all the words to "Can't Touch This" until last night. Good to know.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#23re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/14/07 at 9:36am

"That was funny- but you guys did have the winning ticket."

Elaborate? I wasn't there, what'd you guys win?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

bwaydoc Profile Photo
bwaydoc
#24re: BROADWAY LOVES THE 80's IN JUST 2 WEEKS!
Posted: 6/14/07 at 9:40am

Hey, Up In Lost, I was the one standing in front of you in line with my mother.

I kinda wanted that poster, glad you guys won it!

I wish I could go back to college. Life was so simple back then. - Kate Monster.

"Who here feels like they have no idea what they're doing?" - George, Grey's Anatomy

Videos