News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Amazing Night At SWIWS 12/1 (Help Needed Please)

Amazing Night At SWIWS 12/1 (Help Needed Please)

FeelingElectric
#0Amazing Night At SWIWS 12/1 (Help Needed Please)
Posted: 12/2/05 at 9:28am

Last night was truly the night to be at See What I Wanna See.Let me preface my story by telling you why I was there last night.

I first saw SWIWS about 5 weeks ago.I thought it was an amazing show.I met most of the cast after the show but never got to meet Henry Stram.I regreted this because I thought he did an amazing job as the janitor and the Preist in the two main stories.Also,when I went the first time I got a pictuer with Idina Menzel.The problem was that the flash on my camera was not working and the picture was ruined.I was hoping to get another chance to fix that the second time.

I had two suprises prepared for this second time.First, I spent two days making a T-Shirt deticated to Idina and all of her Broadway and Off-Broadway roles.I picked the best shots of her I could find from RENT,Wicked,Aida,The Wild Party, and from each of her roles in SWIWS and put together a collage.For the center of it,I had a talented artist I know make a hand drawn sketch of Idina from a publicity shot.It shirt looked absoultely amazing.In addition I brought the sketch used for the shirt to the show to present to Idina.I wanted her to know how much I loved her performance both in SWIWS and in the film version of RENT.Things did not work out quite the way I planned, but I believe everything happens for a reason.

Let me say that the show was even more incredible the second time.The cast was absolutely electric.William Michals did a fantastic job replacing Mark Kudisch in the roles of Morito,The Husband and the CPA.Idina sounded better than I have ever heard her sound.It was an incredible show.

After the show I waited in the lobby to meet the cast.The first one I got to meet was Henry Stram.When I went to get his autograph,he was transfixed on my shirt.we were silent for about 5 second when i said "Yes,I am a huge fan".He laughed and I told him i loved his work as well.I met Mary Testa next.She is always a sweethart and was last night as well.Next up was William Michals.I told him he was great in his roles as well.Next up weas Aaron Lohr.I din not even realize until I saw RENT on sunday night that he was in it.He had a small part as a member of Life Support but it was a good part.I told hin this,got his autograph and got a picture with him.What happened next was absolutely amazing.

I had several dreams over the past two weeks that I was going to meet another cast member of the movie RENT.I thought this was crazy because I did not how that was going to happen.It was crazy until she came into the lobby of the Public.She was there with Rachel Leigh Cook (a co-star of hers in Josie and The Pussycats)to see the show.It was of course none other than Rosario Dawson.My heart skipped a beat.I could not believe it.I haved loved her since Kids,and in Josie,Sin City,MIB2,and as Mimi in RENT.I had to decide quickly either to stay and hope to meet Idina again or take a chance to meet Rosario after the dreams I had.I decieded to go outside and meet my favorite Mimi.She could not have been sweeter.I han her autograph thr RENT an in the SWIWS playbill but to my horror my sharpie was dry.I had to act quick.I was not going to have this end up the way the Idina picture ended up 5 weeks ago.I quickly got another sharpie and this time had her sing the front of the playbill.she was flattered when I told her this was a dream come true,which it was for me.I only wish I had my camera with me.I had someone holding it inside in case Idina showed up.even without the picture, this is an experience I will never forget.
I will think about this every time I hear Light My Candle or Out Tonight from the film soundtrack for as long as I live.

I went back inside in hopes to meet Idina, but it turns out she had already left through the backdoor.I don't blame her with the huge crowd there.I figure I will have a chance to get a picture with her at the next show she does as she now has a lifetime fan in me.I am only sorry I never got to give her the drawing I had made for her.

Overall, it was the greatest experience I have had in New York City at a show and I don't see how anything will ever top it.

I have two quick questions for anyone who reads this:

1.Does anyone know of a mailing address for Idina Menzel besided sending something to the stagedoor at the Public Theater.I want to send her the drawing and i dont wan't to send it there because the show is closing sunday.I really want her to have it.

2.If anyone has a picture of Rosario Dwason from last night specifically, could you please let me know.I would love to have a picture to go with the autograph from last night.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield
Updated On: 12/3/05 at 09:28 AM

FeelingElectric
#1re: Amazing Night At SWIWS (Help Needed)
Posted: 12/2/05 at 6:45pm

If anybody could please help me out with either the address for Idina, or a picture of Rosario from last night,I would greatly appreciate it.Thank You.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

FeelingElectric
#2re: Amazing Night At SWIWS (Help Needed)
Posted: 12/3/05 at 8:01pm

Bump

StarbuckQAF
#3re: Amazing Night At SWIWS (Help Needed)
Posted: 12/5/05 at 2:42am

There is no mailing address for Idina. Nothing official. Sorry.

FeelingElectric
#4re: Amazing Night At SWIWS (Help Needed)
Posted: 12/5/05 at 3:00am

Thank you for the information.I am sure I will see her in another show someday get a chance to give her the picture.

#5re: Amazing Night At SWIWS (Help Needed)
Posted: 12/5/05 at 11:55pm

There's ALWAYS something official, Starbuck...just gotta know where to look.

sadiem100 Profile Photo
sadiem100
#6re: Amazing Night At SWIWS (Help Needed)
Posted: 12/5/05 at 11:57pm

Do you have a picture on your computer? I'd like to see it... re: Amazing Night At SWIWS (Help Needed)

"Electricity sparks inside of me... and I'm free, I'm free."

YayJudyYayJudy Profile Photo
YayJudyYayJudy
#7re: Amazing Night At SWIWS (Help Needed)
Posted: 12/5/05 at 11:59pm

isn't it his avatar? Is this an incorrect assumption?

proudly changing my name frequently since 2004

chances are AndyF is posting above or below me...

"THIS is how you dress for the Tony's, get it!? Ok, see you at the after-party..." [YAHM]

sadiem100 Profile Photo
sadiem100
#8re: Amazing Night At SWIWS (Help Needed)
Posted: 12/6/05 at 12:00am

BTW, congrats on meeting Rosario! You're so lucky. And on meeting Idina of course. Geez I hate living in Seattle sometimes.

"Electricity sparks inside of me... and I'm free, I'm free."

FeelingElectric
#9re: Amazing Night At SWIWS (Help Needed)
Posted: 12/6/05 at 9:03am

I will put the picture I had drawn in my fan photos.Thank you all for your positive response.Do you realize I have been called a freak, weirdo, and a stalker for what I did with the picture and shirt.When did it become wrong to do something nice for aomeone who has given me so many great memories, even if they are famous.

BTW: I have also ment Anthony Rapp.I met him after a performance of Feeling Electric in september, hence my screenname.He was the first RENT cast member I met,followed by Idina and Rosario.I hope to eventually meet the rest of the cast as well.

#10re: Amazing Night At SWIWS (Help Needed)
Posted: 12/6/05 at 4:18pm

Whether you are a freak and/or a weirdo is not for others to judge. What they don't know is that there might come a day when you'll start to feel a little foolish about showering so much attention on someone and decide to stop (which has happened to me). Or there will come a day when the object of your affections will tell you--hopefully in a nice, polite way--to screw off (which has also happened to me). I say, enjoy the innocence and fun of meeting your idols while you can, before one or both of you start having second thoughts about it.

It's also too bad that more people don't have a better understanding of the word "stalker." Stalking is done with malicious intent. If what you have written is the truth, you do not have any plans to hurt anyone...therefore, you can't be a stalker. Stalking is no joke, and I wish people wouldn't throw that word around like it is.

Videos