News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

2025 Broadway and West End Rumours

2025 Broadway and West End Rumours

macbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
#12025 Broadway and West End Rumours
Posted: 8/1/24 at 7:05am

I hear a STRANGER THINGS announcement is imminent, and also that talks are underway to bring over the UK NEXT TO NORMAL 

I also heard this week that Stereophonic and The Outsiders is headed to London, and also that Cate Blanchett is doing The Seagull, but I'm not sure where. 

infinitefoxes
#22025 Broadway and West End Rumours
Posted: 8/2/24 at 8:26am

According to sweatyoracle (I know there's a range of strong opinions about him on here but he's not wrong as often as some make him out to be) Next To Normal is going to the Golden in January, (although I have also read several rumours about it going to the Booth). I'm not too bothered about where or when it goes but I need them to take Jack Wolfe, Eleanor Worthington-Cox and Jamie Parker with it as well as Caissie Levy.  It's one of the best pieces of casting I've ever seen and Broadway deserves to see it. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#32025 Broadway and West End Rumours
Posted: 8/2/24 at 8:35am

50th Anniversary revival of A Chorus Line could land on Broadway sometime next year in a limited run.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

hearthemsing22
#42025 Broadway and West End Rumours
Posted: 8/2/24 at 11:40am

Does anyone think the Mamma Mia tour could come back to Broadway in a limited run as well?

theatergoer3
#52025 Broadway and West End Rumours
Posted: 8/3/24 at 7:36am

Sonia Freidman did an interview where she said she wanted to bring Stereophonic to London and it also came up in the Freakonomics interview another producer did. 

"Stereophonic, an unstarry but talk-of-the-town three-hour play about a Fleetwood Mac-like band recording their new album. She reveals that there are plans for it to come to London"

https://freakonomics.com/podcast/you-can-make-a-killing-but-not-a-living/

CATS: The Jellice Ball & Here We Are are also rumored for London next year. 

Shucked post tour. 

The Golden is rumored to be Next to Normal or Operation Mincemeat in terms of trasfers over here. 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#62025 Broadway and West End Rumours
Posted: 8/3/24 at 11:58pm

hearthemsing22 said: "Does anyone think the Mamma Mia tour could come back to Broadway in a limited run as well?"

That's the plan. 

singer234
#72025 Broadway and West End Rumours
Posted: 8/4/24 at 7:43am

Wasn't there supposed to be a revival of Hairspray kicking around? Wonder whatever happened with that.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#82025 Broadway and West End Rumours
Posted: 8/4/24 at 8:54am

If Hairspray is still in the works, I hope it's new and not a replica.

I've heard rumblings that Dreamgirls still has a heartbeat but with packed 24-25 season they're pushing back to 25-26.

OuttaTowner
#92025 Broadway and West End Rumours
Posted: 8/4/24 at 9:03am

How about Buena Vista Social Club?  I thought a transfer was in the works?

Videos