News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

david ayers

Reverie
#25re: david ayers
Posted: 7/31/06 at 2:36am

"but from what my friend has told me whom I trust a lot, Joey was a very good singer, but actingwise he was the worst."

I definately agree with that. His acting was horrible.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#26re: david ayers
Posted: 7/31/06 at 2:37am

"I love Norbert in L5Y and Scoundrels, but he was just too dull for me and looked old for the role. "

Everybody in the obc looked old for their part.
Updated On: 7/31/06 at 02:37 AM

C is for Company
#27re: david ayers
Posted: 7/31/06 at 2:42am

I agree with you there. They are perfect in their own little way the OBC, but looking at some individually, you find weaknesses.

However, when the teenage heartthrob of a show is about 35? and looks it, I find that crossing the line a little bit. Fiyero is a role that should have little girls in the audience swooning over and wanting to marry him, but it is kinda weird when he has children of his own who are probably as old as they are.

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#28re: david ayers
Posted: 7/31/06 at 3:45am

What David did, and Derrick does very well, is convey the youthful playfulness of the role better than Joey and Norbert did. People do bash David a lot but the fact remains that he remained with the show an entire year (if he was so bad, why wasn't he let go?) and successfully auditoned for the producers to get the role. Given how Wicked is very internal now when it comes to casting and replacing companies, that was some accomplishment.

ashley0139
#29re: david ayers
Posted: 7/31/06 at 7:58am

While I personally didn't like him in the role, boy did he look the part. He had the charming thing and the mischeivous thing way down. I liked his acting, just wasn't thrilled with the singing. But I can see how some people would like him.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#30re: david ayers
Posted: 7/31/06 at 8:45am

"Everybody in the obc looked old for their part. "

Other than Norbert (who looked old enough to be on the faculty at Shiz), it wasn't a big deal. We know how old Chenoweth is, but onstage she can appear and play much younger than she really is. And Menzel, with her green makeup, looked just fine,

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#31re: david ayers
Posted: 7/31/06 at 9:27am

Sebastian is by far the best Fiyero Wicked has seen on Broadway or on tour. He both looks the part, can sing really well, and his acting skills are decent. I also hear Kristopher Cusick (sp?) from Chicago isn't bad either.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#32re: david ayers
Posted: 7/31/06 at 11:08am

I really didn't care for Wicked the first time I saw it in May 2005, but I didn't think David was all that bad.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

ashley0139
#33re: david ayers
Posted: 7/31/06 at 12:13pm

Sebastian is by far the best Fiyero Wicked has seen on Broadway or on tour.

Interesting you say that, because I saw Sebastian on tour and didn't think he was that great. However, I do think he was sick because when I saw it on Wednesday he was out but when I saw it on Sunday he was in. And Julia said that they both get sick together. But anyway, I thought the understudy (named Nicholas somethingorother) was far better than Sebastian. He was actually the favorite I've seen.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#34re: david ayers
Posted: 7/31/06 at 12:35pm

he needs to work on 2 things;

A- acting (which part?-all of it)

B- singing

to me, the best fiyero in wicked was norbert compared to david, no offence to those who like him

RentBoy86
#35re: david ayers
Posted: 7/31/06 at 12:43pm

Kristopher is pretty good. I was wowed by him, but he could sing and was decent.

I feel like there's a lot of humor that is sometimes lost on people in the role of Fieyro. I think it's sort of like Glinda, where you can sort of play around with the role and make it funny.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#36re: david ayers
Posted: 7/31/06 at 12:47pm

"Sebastian is by far the best Fiyero Wicked has seen on Broadway or on tour. He both looks the part, can sing really well, and his acting skills are decent. I also hear Kristopher Cusick (sp?) from Chicago isn't bad either."

bjh2114 you beat me to it. I saw Sebastian and after hearing negative quibbles on his performance I was nervous but I actually thought he played it very well. In my opinion it's such a poorly written role that you almost have to feel bad for the actor playing Fiyero but I thought Sebastian really made something of it. I also saw the other understudy for the tour...Kyle something and while his singing needs work his charm/looks were dead on for the character. Also Kristoffer Cusick is a great Fiyero and has been with the show for a long time. He was my first Fiyero (saw it on Bway with OBC but Norbert was out) and in Chicago. He does really fun things with the part and has a very nice voice.

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~
Updated On: 7/31/06 at 12:47 PM

smiles Profile Photo
smiles
#37re: david ayers
Posted: 7/31/06 at 1:03pm

I actually saw David Ayers in wicked also.....I liked him...but it was my first broadway musical/play. I was just so excited to be there, I think I would have liked anybody.

Videos