News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Wonderful Town

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#0Wonderful Town
Posted: 3/31/04 at 12:42pm

If you have not seen it yet go. It is one of the best productions i have seen this season.
Donna Murphy, Gregg Edelman and Jennifer Westfelt are incredible.
A valentine to the BIG APPLE.

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#1re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 3/31/04 at 5:19pm

i agree :)

wonderful in every way!

thirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
#2re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 3/31/04 at 7:50pm

Seeing the sisters climb into a bed with crusty, dirty sheets left over from a prostitute made me sick.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#3re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 3/31/04 at 11:38pm

What does that have to do with the show?
Besides they did not know that a prostitute lived there until the next day. Now that you brought that up that is a bit unnerving but who cares the singing and acting made up for it.
Violet was kind of scary though.
re: re: re: Wonderful Town
WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH
WHY DID I EVER LEAVE OHIO.
Sorry i bought the new cast cd and am listening to Donna Murphy. Updated On: 3/31/04 at 11:38 PM

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#4re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 3/31/04 at 11:47pm

I have to agree that this show is awesome. Donna Murphy is hilarious. She will have your attention the entire time. Everytime she leaves the stage, she makes you long for her return. I think it is one of the strongest shows on the boards.

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#5re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 3/31/04 at 11:50pm

I officially met Donna Murphy tonight before the show. I was all flustered,. lol She's really pretty, and seemed fun--very nice. =)

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 3/31/04 at 11:51pm

JRB i am very jealous of you.
98 ways to go!
GO HOME GO WEST GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM. Ha ha. Updated On: 3/31/04 at 11:51 PM

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 3/31/04 at 11:53pm

that is cool...i got to meet her after the show at the stage door about 2 months ago.

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

thirdrowcenter
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:02am

Why Oh Why Oh Why Oh, Why Did I Ever Leave Ohio was the only good song in the show.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:06am

Conga? Quiet Girl, 100 Ways to lose a man? I liked every tune except the football song. My DARLIN EILEEN.
OY. Updated On: 4/1/04 at 12:06 AM

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:08am

NO way the best song was definetly One Hundred Easy Ways. But the whole show is great, every song is good. It is the most fun I have had in the theatre in a long time.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:11am

Christopher Street!

thirdrowcenter
#12re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:12am

Sorry Corine, I just didn't like "Wonderful Town."

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#13re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:13am

ok well what show do you like third row?

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#14re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:15am

Third Row that is ok we all have different taste.
I was not that crazy about Aida.

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#15re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:18am

I can't stand Phantom of the Opera. The Boy from Oz isn't anything great either.

#16re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:23am

I used to have the record of Maureen Lipman in WOnderful Town when they had a production of it in London. I used to play that all the time. She is one of those who was never popular over here and yet she was (still is) very talented.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#17re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:23am

I loved Aida the Opera but the show is the only Disney show that did not excite me.
I loved the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast.

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#18re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:26am

Lion King of Course Rocks, but I like Aida better than Beauty and the Beast. I can't wait to see the new Disney Tour. What is the name of it again?

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#19re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:31am

Aida gave me a headache. But i love the song "My strongest Suit"

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#20re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:36am

Did you see it with Heather Headley? She was amazing, but I also saw the tour and the lady who played the lead 2 years ago in the tour was weak. Heather was the only thing I liked about the show.

#21re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:38am

Normally Corine I agree with you but this time I have to disagree. I adored AIDA. Maybe I am a mushy pushover for l'amour but I bawled like a baby. I adore this show. I have seen it four times now.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#22re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 12:41am

Sweet J,
That is ok i liked Aida but i did not love it.
I love the Opera and the rock transformation with the screaming made me want to cringe.
I love Elton John but Aida the Opera is so beautiful and i love the Opera better.
I saw Beauty and the Beast twice and i loved it. Then i heard Gary Beach (as Lumiere HE BLEW ME AWAY)

DonnaMurphyRocks Profile Photo
DonnaMurphyRocks
#23re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town
Posted: 4/1/04 at 1:23am

jrb_actor, you have the best job in the world, you know that! :)

"My little boy's home from the Big House!" - Angela Lansbury, Blue Hawaii

Videos