News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Wicked seating

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#0Wicked seating
Posted: 12/3/03 at 6:41pm

Is seat A13 a good one?

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#1re: Wicked seating
Posted: 12/3/03 at 7:01pm

nooo! I hope you didnt already buy the ticket. Its like the third row all the way to the side. It should be listed as partial view. Wicked should be seen from like 10th row and beyond but thats just my opinion.

FindingNamo
#2re: re: Wicked seating
Posted: 12/3/03 at 7:58pm

If at all.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#3re: re: re: Wicked seating
Posted: 12/3/03 at 8:40pm

Damn. And I paid full price. Damn damn. THanks for the responses though. I agree, Namo. I'm required to see it again, which is the only reason I'm setting foot in that theater.

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#4re: re: re: re: Wicked seating
Posted: 12/3/03 at 8:47pm

...Wow, I wished I was required to see a Broadway musical...

Broadwaylilhead Profile Photo
Broadwaylilhead
#5re: Wicked seating
Posted: 12/4/03 at 2:35pm

Sometimes the ticket booth will allow you to change seats if they have availability but I think this show is selling out every night so good luck. I have seen the show 3 times and the first time I was on row 3- TOO CLOSE... I sat near the back of the orchestra on my 2nd time and in the balcony 3rd time. This is such a VISUALLY stunning show that you will get a lot more out of it sitting a little further back. If you sit too close, you really do miss a lot of the lighting design which is simply incredily (especially during One Short Day and Defying Gravity). In either case, you will have a great time but you will definitely want to rush back out and buy another set of tickets to see it again... take advantage of the lottery too- I've won it once!!

Call it a regime change...

CharityHope924 Profile Photo
CharityHope924
#6re: re: Wicked seating
Posted: 12/4/03 at 3:45pm

My tickets were in row J of the orchestra all the way house right-- last two seats on the aisle. They were labled "partial view", so I was skeptical, but it turned out to be great. True, if someone entered from all the way upstage, all the way right, you might miss their face taking the first step on stage, but that was it. As soon as the person took a step or two, you could see everything. I didn't miss one word of dialogue, b/c none of the action takes place in that corner, and most of the business takes place down center. But I was sitting a number of rows further back than you, so that probably helps a great deal with the sight lines.

Then from out of the blue, and without any guide, you know what your decision is, which is not to decide... I chose and my world was shaken, so what? The choice may have been mistaken; the choosing was not. Just keep moving on... --Sondheim

HunterFosterIsMyGod Profile Photo
HunterFosterIsMyGod
#7re: re: re: Wicked seating
Posted: 3/9/04 at 3:12pm

how about row L? i;m not sure exactly where....my dad has the tix.

JakeB
#8re: re: re: re: Wicked seating
Posted: 3/9/04 at 3:28pm

Hmph. I have tickets for row EE. The person on the other end of the phone said 'E' the whole way through the conversation and then right at the very end as he confirmed it he said 'EE'. I just thought I misheard him.

Are they that bad? At the end of the day it's just a seat. I mean, I'm still going to see Wicked, it's not like my seat is in the road or anything..

Becky
#9re: re: re: re: re: Wicked seating
Posted: 3/9/04 at 9:49pm

"I have tickets for row EE...Are they that bad?"

Well, you are on the 5th row and I've been in that area and loved it. It's close, but I didn't think it was too close. Have fun!!!!

VoiceofReason Profile Photo
VoiceofReason
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked seating
Posted: 3/9/04 at 9:54pm

Do you guys know of a good seating chart for the gershwin? i have tix for the fam and I for row F, seats 1,3,5,7--is that on the outside left of the audience, or inside left? i know this is a very niaeve silly question to you guys, but I'm not completely theatre savvy yet--thanks!!
always,
~m~

For heaven's sake, don't try to be cynical. It's perfectly easy to be cynical. ~The Importance of Being Earnest~
Updated On: 3/9/04 at 09:54 PM

Brooklyn Bound

Videos