News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Who's going to the DC Anthony Rapp Signing ??

Who's going to the DC Anthony Rapp Signing ??

WickedlyPerfect Profile Photo
WickedlyPerfect
#0Who's going to the DC Anthony Rapp Signing ??
Posted: 3/1/06 at 1:27am

Couldn't decide which board this goes on, so I posted on both! Is the area where the signing is taking place safe? I hate going into DC alone at night, I hate it.

What good is a life, With no one to share, The light of the moon, The honor of a swear?

FeelingElectric
#1re: Who's going to the DC Anthony Rapp Signing ??
Posted: 3/1/06 at 6:39am

It is right down the block from the Verizon Center (Formerly MCI Center)I go by there all the time when I go to concerts.I have never had a problem there so you should be fine.I look forward to seeing everybody there.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

KiminVA
#2re: Who's going to the DC Anthony Rapp Signing ??
Posted: 3/1/06 at 8:11am

Hey there! I'll be at the DC signing tonight. Website says its in Penn Quarter, as Feeling Electric mentions. Not sure whether that's a "safe" area at night, but I'm going with a buddy, so all should be well. Hope to see you there!

"A little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika." ~ Dorothy Parker

FeelingElectric
#3re: Who's going to the DC Anthony Rapp Signing ??
Posted: 3/1/06 at 12:01pm

Well, I am headed out the door right now for D.C..I look forward to seeing you all there.Just look for the guy in the avatar.

<---------

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#4re: Who's going to the DC Anthony Rapp Signing ??
Posted: 3/2/06 at 9:58pm

Hey, I saw you there FeelingElectric.

It was a good time. I enjoyed hearing Anthony read from his book, answer questions (though some were slightly inane), and sing SoL.

I could have done without the 200+ screaming pre-teens and teens, but they controlled themselves quite well, apart from a group of them singing an amazingly off key La Vie Boheme.

Glad to see, however, so much support for the book. Its a great read, and could potentially bring further enlightenment on the real messages in Rent.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

TheaterAddict7652
#5re: Who's going to the DC Anthony Rapp Signing ??
Posted: 3/2/06 at 10:29pm

I could have done without the 200+ screaming pre-teens and teens

That's the exact reason why I didn't go...didn't want to deal with all the twelve-year-olds going, "OMGRENTISMYLIFEANDIHAVESEENTHEMOVIESIXTIMESINTHEATERSBUTINEVERGOTTHECHANCETOSEEITONSTAGE"

There's a lot I am not certain of...

WickedlyPerfect Profile Photo
WickedlyPerfect
#6re: Who's going to the DC Anthony Rapp Signing ??
Posted: 3/3/06 at 2:59am

KChenowethfan-- Where were you at during the reading? I was there too (front row WOO)

What good is a life, With no one to share, The light of the moon, The honor of a swear?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#7re: Who's going to the DC Anthony Rapp Signing ??
Posted: 3/3/06 at 3:53am

TheaterAddict7652, you could've just gone and mocked them in your head. That's what I did in SF. re: Who's going to the DC Anthony Rapp Signing ??

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#8re: Who's going to the DC Anthony Rapp Signing ??
Posted: 3/4/06 at 11:18am

Yeah, I mocked them in my head too. To Anthony Rapp's credit, he was very patient and professional- I was also impressed with his articulate answers to questions.

WickedlyPerfect- I was way near the back of the store near the window. I honestly did not expect this big of a turnout, and came from work. I should have probably gotten there earlier. Lucky for you to get front row, though!

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

Videos