News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

What's going go into the St. James - Page 4

What's going go into the St. James

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#75What's going go into the St. James
Posted: 12/13/14 at 9:28pm

Something Rotten should think about a title change. If it's bad, the critics can have a field day with that title.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#76What's going go into the St. James
Posted: 12/13/14 at 9:45pm

No, phillypinto- but only if they're done really well and have something that gives them a fresh edge.

On topic, I love Christian Borle as an actor and will see him in pretty much any comedic role at this point. I'll be keeping my ears open.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#77What's going go into the St. James
Posted: 12/14/14 at 12:05am

Title is an big opening for critics as stated above.

Years ago Darling Of The Day opened. CBS critic Leonard Harris said " It's original title was Buried Alive - It should have been"

A bad title can really be a killer.

Poster Emeritus

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#78What's going go into the St. James
Posted: 12/14/14 at 1:07am

"Is anybody else sick and tired of musicals about show business?"

Subject matter is way down on my list of things I care about. If someone tells a great story well, with great songs, and an amazing cast, it becomes less important what the show is about to me. Mothers with psychological issues who see their dead sons, people chopping people to serve as pies, man-eating plants, National Geographic photographers who seduce bored housewives, all fine by me.

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#79What's going go into the St. James
Posted: 12/14/14 at 4:49pm

haterobics, I agree with you 100%! It's easy to take pretty much any subject matter/concept and boil it down to something that sounds awful. And I doubt audiences care- twenty-some years later and they still want to see a disfigured psychopath stalk a pretty girl or a bunch of French peasants die. Aside from the title that's just begging for a storm of terrible puns, I think Something Rotten sounds kind of fun!

Videos