News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Wedding Singer Review 8/20 (Review is now up!)- Page 4

Wedding Singer Review 8/20 (Review is now up!)

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#75re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 8:51pm

Ummm, I hadn't even thought of that. We could see if the theater would forward the stuff. I would bring it, but there's no guarantee I'd be able to get all of the stuff sent to me, and then drop it off.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

bwayondabrain
#76re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 8:54pm

yeah, maybe we could just send it to tech4life anyways, and if the show does close, she can just send it all to the theatre in a package or something before the show closes for good
wow, i never thought wed have to think about this...sad re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20

dancingthrulife04
#77re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 8:56pm

We don't. Not yet. Shh.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

bwayondabrain
#78re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 9:01pm

could possibly be closing soon? psh, what kind of nonsense is that? fool.

:P

BroadwayBaby982
#79re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 9:39pm

ok so you people need to get your facts straight before you post about things you know nothing of. First off this girl you speak of selling the bracelets, never not once asked any actor to wear the bracelet during the show, that would be against any principles I have. yup thats me the soraya bracelet girl and they already knew I was gonna be there selling them I had talked to most of them a couple days before hand about it. When I gave Lynch his bracelet, he just came right out and said "I'll wear it on stage", I said, it didn 't matter. but he did anyway, I didn't even know Tina and Amy were gonna wear their's until they came out on stage, I was surprised as anyone else. I was just trying to help out Luther Creek and his family, which whom we have become close to and felt we needed to help. I hate it when people misconstrue things they know nothing of and hurt people, who are trying to do good. I'm sorry you guys think I asked but thats just plain old gossip, do me a favor go and ask anyone of them if I asked them, and see what they say. My god, find something better to talk about. You have any questions feel free to PM me.

Updated On: 8/22/06 at 09:39 PM

strawintogold Profile Photo
strawintogold
#80re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 9:53pm

First of all, the girl who was selling the bracelets did NOT harass any of the actors (like SOME people who were asking to get backstage and when Tina didn't oblige their request, proceeded to call her a bitch). They're all aware of the benefit because Amy and Kevin Cahoon are involved and she did NOT ask any of them to wear the bracelets on stage. That was of their own doing. They were already aware of the bracelets, as she informed them prior to Sunday and they were all very keen on the idea. The proceeds for the benefit and the bracelets are going to charity, because in case you didn't know (and most of you do), the benefit was for Luther Creek's niece, who recently died of brain cancer. If you think the bracelets were distracting and not endearing, you have serious issues. The actor's were sensitive and caring enough to wear them without the braclet girl asking them to do so.

It's for a good cause, guys. Don't ruin it.
Updated On: 8/21/06 at 09:53 PM

dancingthrulife04
#81re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 9:56pm

bwayondabrain - Yes, I know. :-P But, since we don't have a closing notice yet, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

BroadwayBaby- YOU need to relax. The OP did not know what the bracelets were for. Everyone stopped once we were told what they were actually being sold for. I HARDLY call that "trying to ruin a good cause." Take it down a notch.

dancingthrulife04
#82re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:08pm

First of all, the girl who was selling the bracelets did NOT harass any of the actors (like SOME people who were asking to get backstage and when Tina didn't oblige their request, proceeded to call her a bitch).

I never accused her of harrassing anyone, but that's good to know. I have to ask... what happened that those people were so obnoxious?

BroadwayBaby982
#83re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:08pm

I know now you all know what they are for, but I don't want people thinking I asked the actors, because I didn't. As for taking it down a notch, i'm sorry I'm just a passionate person, who was just trying to help a friend, and got kicked for it. I was very touched that they all wore them, but I never never asked.

dancingthrulife04
#84re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:10pm

I know, and I understand completely. You just came off a bit... rude. I think it's pretty nice that they wore them. Bracelets were in back then anyway re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20. I'm sure Tina's blended right in with her costume.

Check your PMs.

Updated On: 8/21/06 at 10:10 PM

strawintogold
#85re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:12pm

I didn't say you were harassing anyone, sweetie. =] The original poster, however, seems to think the girl with the bracelets was, while his mother was going up to EVERY SINGLE CAST MEMBER before the show asking to get backstage.
Updated On: 8/21/06 at 10:12 PM

dancingthrulife04
#86re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:14pm

Ooh. I smell drama.

I didn't say you were accusing me of anything... that didn't come out right.

bwayondabrain
#87re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:24pm

i hate when that happens, like when you try to say one thing, and someone thinks you said another...gah
but i like that phrase "i smell drama" :)
anyway, lets unsniff the drama, and continue posting about this awesome show in this awesome thread on this awesome Monday evening...

dancingthrulife04
#88re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:26pm

straw intogold- Your avatar has me cracking up.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#89re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:26pm

WTF...someone called the girl with golden hair a bitch? This means WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

strawintogold
#90re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:28pm

Hah, isn't it great? Oh, Felicia Finley, how I love her!

dancingthrulife04
#91re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:32pm

She's... loving your hair. It's funny.

should've sene Phantom coming.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#92re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:34pm

strawintogold- Great t-shirt!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

strawintogold
#93re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:37pm

She was so adroable! She was just like "I LOVE YOUR HAIR!" and while she was talking to people, she was playing with it.

And thank you! =D I love my CBGBs shirt.

dancingthrulife04
#94re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:59pm

She's so funny.

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#95re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 11:50pm

Strawintogold, can I steal that picture to make an avitar of just Felicia's face?

Whatever happened to class?

strawintogold
#96re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 11:53pm

Hey, did I meet you at the stage door yesterday? Lol.

And you can, so long as you credit me and tell people not to steal it. =]

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#97re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 11:58pm

Yep, that's me. And you'll see where I use it, I'm not using it here.

Whatever happened to class?

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#98re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/21/06 at 11:59pm

Isn't that what Felicia pretty much looks like on daily basis? Geez, I love her!

...and we all love her laugh. :] (hint to the Rosie video on Broadway.com)

snl89
#99re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/22/06 at 12:03am

oh man, I love felicia. SOOOO much. hehhee. that picture is priceless!

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

Videos