News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016- Page 8

WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#175WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/4/15 at 3:54pm

Smaxie, the reason it's stalkery is because the message of that arc is "no means yes" -- if a man pursues a woman and she repeatedly and clearly tells him "no," he should continue pursuing her, because her "no" is a fine thing to utterly disregard.

I totally agree with you that "it's clear that they are both misfits who are made for each other." What's problematic is the fact that they reach a place of knowing that via a path of him disregarding the many times she says "no" at first.

Updated On: 11/4/15 at 03:54 PM

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#176WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/4/15 at 4:03pm

Ogie is singing, "You're never, ever, ever, ever, ever getting rid of me" -- when Dawn is still saying no.

I like the show a lot, and I like the geek/misfit connection between Ogie and Dawn. I just don't want it to start the way it does. It would be an easy fix.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#177WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/4/15 at 4:07pm

Personally, it didn't bother me as it did many others....but I can see the point. 

Its the same concern with  Prez in The Pajama Game.....nothing can be considered harmless.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

FindingNamo
#178WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/4/15 at 4:14pm

Yeah, these old fashioned musical comedy tropes are NEVER going to survive in Enthusiastic Consent Land, USA!

I'm looking forward to a revisal  of "Seven Brides for Seven Rapists."

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#179WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/4/15 at 4:59pm

Yet, no one seems to have an issue when Rose sings almost the same thing to a reluctant Herbie in "You'll Never Get Away From Me".  And Rose is much much scarier than Ogie.  

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#180WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/4/15 at 5:04pm

Yet, no one seems to have an issue when Rose sings almost the same thing to a reluctant Herbie in "You'll Never Get Away From Me".  And Rose is much much scarier than Ogie.  

I don't know Gypsy yet (to the extent that I had to google to figure out which show you meant). I might mind it if I did.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#181WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/4/15 at 9:32pm

Now that I think about this casting more, isn't Christopher Fitzgerald a bit older than Jeremy Morse? From the ART run, I got the feel that Dawn and Ogie were relatively young...

I'm most upset about Jeanna not transferring...she was excelling at the ART. 

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#182WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/4/15 at 9:58pm

I wonder if Joe Tippett will back as Earl. Seems he would have been announced with the others today if he was reprising the role though. He did a great job playing a thoroughly unlikable character. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

FindingNamo
#183WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/4/15 at 9:59pm

Oh yes, Smaxie, people are GOING TO MIND!!  We can, as Annie says, bet our bottom dollar.  Speaking of, who's the old bald creeper with designs on a certain orphan.  Did she even have a CHOICE about living with him?  Besides which, she was too young to consent.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#184WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/4/15 at 11:15pm

Maybe Kinky Boots is a better paycheck and it's not going anywhere for awhile so maybe it's just better for her. I'm sure Weinstein isn't giving anyone a huge paycheck. 

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#185WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/4/15 at 11:16pm

And Fosca just had a severe case of puppy love.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

mailhandler777
#186WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/5/15 at 12:47am

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "I wonder if Joe Tippett will back as Earl. Seems he would have been announced with the others today if he was reprising the role though. He did a great job playing a thoroughly unlikable character."

He won't be back as Earl. He was fired. They haven't cast anyone yet for the role. They also still need to cast most of the ensemble(I'm guessing Jeremy will be part of that now and thank god Torns and Charity are still part of it) and the swings.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

mailhandler777
#187WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/5/15 at 12:49am

RippedMan said: "Maybe Kinky Boots is a better paycheck and it's not going anywhere for awhile so maybe it's just better for her. I'm sure Weinstein isn't giving anyone a huge paycheck."

Kinky Boots is definitely an easier show plus Jeanna can use her natural accent in it. 

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#188WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/5/15 at 9:35am

mailhandler777 said: He won't be back as Earl. He was fired. They haven't cast anyone yet for the role. They also still need to cast most of the ensemble(I'm guessing Jeremy will be part of that now and thank god Torns and Charity are still part of it) and the swings."

Thanks for the info. 

According to the press release and comments he made on Facebook, Jeremy is part of the ensemble and is understudying Ogie. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#189WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/5/15 at 10:22am

Is Weinstein a producer?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#190WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/5/15 at 10:42am

^As of now, no.

Stew123
#191WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/5/15 at 10:44am

Why was Joe Tippett fired?  That is not an easy role to pull off.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#192WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/5/15 at 11:40am

I was just asking, because someone said Weinstein wasn't giving out large checks. I bet they meant weissler.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

mailhandler777
#193WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/5/15 at 6:19pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "According to the press release and comments he made on Facebook, Jeremy is part of the ensemble and is understudying Ogie."

Yeah I know. I already said he is part of the ensemble as is Torns and Charity whom understudy Jessie and Keala respectively. 

Bway_Mill_Fan Profile Photo
Bway_Mill_Fan
#194WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/5/15 at 8:28pm

If anyone is interested yahoo is currently streaming a concert of Sara's with songs from waitress currently until I don't know 9?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#195WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/5/15 at 9:04pm

I didn't know this concert was going on and i'm very sad! I wish I could watch it from the beginning.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#196WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/5/15 at 9:06pm

It's fun to hear the songs again! Drew Gehling came out and dueted with her on two songs. From what she's said a bunch of the cast is there including Jessie and Keala.

Mattbrain
#197WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/5/15 at 9:30pm

Do we actually know why Tippet was fired?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Bway_Mill_Fan Profile Photo
Bway_Mill_Fan
#198WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/5/15 at 9:36pm

Was Gavin Creel the original doctor? I know he was somewhat involved. Would have loved to have seen him sing with Jessie.

There's replay starting in a few minutes.

Updated On: 11/5/15 at 09:36 PM

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#199WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 11/6/15 at 1:06am

I'm so glad Dakin Matthews is continuing as Joe. His "Take It from an Old Man" made me cry.

Videos