News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

They could've kept Jeremy- Page 2

They could've kept Jeremy

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#25They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/20/15 at 9:04am

Interesting that you can talk about so many wonderful attributes of the show, and still say it is doomed.

I loved it, but certainly saw flaws. I loved most of the choreo, however, not all. (And the bee nonsense was cut before the show closed in Boston)

Am I saying this is going to be a hit? No, because anything can happen. All I know is that the audience both times I saw it loved it (based on applause, standing ovations, etc) and of the large numbers of people that I know that saw it, only one didn't love it. I realize that there are more than just that one person that didn't care for it, but the majority seems to.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 2/20/15 at 09:04 AM

Back Row
#26They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/20/15 at 10:50am

Jordan has made it pretty clear in his interviews just what happened regarding Neverland, and at the very least it appears that Morrison was being told that he was a sure thing for Broadway, while Jordan was strung along until the very end with the possibility that the job could end up being his. They promised Jordan a pre Broadway London run of the show in order to get him to do the A.R.T. run, when in retrospect it seems that London was never part of Weinstein's plan, despite public declarations to the contrary. At any rate, those who say that the job was always Morrison's are correct, but it seems pretty certain that Jordan was told something that led him to believe that it was not a sure thing. Anyway, Jordan seems to be doing just fine, and Finding Neverland, despite it's over the top press releases, will have a difficult time setting itself apart from the many shows opening in the spring. It remains to be seen if Weinstein's strategy has been a correct one, but it does appear that he has placed himself at a disadvantage by not having a leading man that can be prominently featured in promotional opportunities up to this point. Some continuity from the A.R.T. run would have been helpful, beginning with the Macy's parade.

Updated On: 2/20/15 at 10:50 AM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#27They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/20/15 at 12:01pm

Delete

Hopefully with Jeremy...
In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 9/26/17 at 12:01 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#28They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/20/15 at 12:11pm

They could've.

They didn't.

And yet his career goes on.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#29They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/22/15 at 12:11am

I may be & probably am in the minority but my interest in this show really went down when I heard Jeremy Jordan was out and Matthew Morrison was in... I think Jeremy Jordan is just inherently more interesting/charismatic and was excited to see him in this role. Oh well...

JaglinSays
#30They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/22/15 at 1:26am

The show cannot be fixed. What I saw in Cambridge was the low-point
of anything I've seen on a professional stage.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#31They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/22/15 at 1:41am

Call_me_jorge,

----

ooooooooooook jorge

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Videos