News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

They could've kept Jeremy

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/18/15 at 11:45pm

Delete

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 9/26/17 at 11:45 PM

FindingNamo
#2They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/18/15 at 11:46pm

Ron?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Nicole109
#2They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/18/15 at 11:47pm

I spend many sleepless nights when I worked out that fact

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 12:29am

how many people do you think are going to see that? Most people have never heard of it. This will not give him the recognition that Morrison has from Glee.

They weren't looking for a reason to.keep him - they ALWAYS wanted Morrison.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#4They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 12:58am

I *loved* Jordan in FN, have never found Morrison anything but boring, and personally hate that Jordan won't be on the FN cast recording, but this much is clear: it's NOT that Weinstein critiqued Jordan during the ART run and found him lacking. As dramamama says, Weinstein's top choice was a decision he made long before the ART run.

Updated On: 2/19/15 at 12:58 AM

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#5They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 1:45am

All I know is - I lost all interest in seeing this show when it was confirmed that Jordan would not be in the Broadway production.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#6They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 1:50am

GreasedLightning, I can relate to that; I wouldn't have been able to go to NY anyway, but I felt that way about both Jordan and McGrath. I'm on the fence about even buying the recording. The ensemble is SO strong though, and most of them from ART are still in it. Tyley Ross, Josh Lamon, et al... such an ensemble. Such voices.

RockyRoad Profile Photo
RockyRoad
#7They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 2:31am

Thank you Jorge. You have answered the question that has kept so many of us awake at night. Bless you hon.

Natto
#8They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 2:50am

Its not like Matthew has a tony nomination, Broadway experience or anything !!
its not like he starred in hairspray, south pacific, light in the piazza

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#9They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 7:12am

I think you all should keep in mind that Matthew Morrison was already involved with the show for a while. When the show was gonna try-out at A.R.T., he was unavailable, thus the reason why Jeremy went in.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#10They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 7:32am

I think its hilarious that the fans are more outraged about this than Jordan is. He has moved on people, so should you.

And if you were only going to see it because of Jordan, then so be it. I don't think they are that concerned. If they thought he would sell more tickets than Morrison, they'd have kept it. As it is, you will never be able to know if they are right or wrong.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#11They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 9:57am

I personally am thrilled about Morrison taking on the role.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#12They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 10:19am

I think Matthew Morrison will do just fine; he was always one of the only things about Glee that I actually liked.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#13They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 10:34am

Morrison has a higher profile. I fear the Jordan is going to go the way of the leading man who never quite breaks through. I find him to have very little charisma. his current film is very low profile regardless of all the press us theatre fans are seeing. The film isn't really going to give him much traction.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#14They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 12:14pm

In a recent interview, Jeremy said how heartbroken he was that he was no longer involved with Neverland. I think the show will do well initially.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#15They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 3:42pm

The recent Vogue article about the show has Matthew saying he has been taking voice lessons and prepping for the role for a year:
"Of course, after six seasons in the groves of television, getting his voice in shape for eight shows a week requires more than just make-believe, and so he’s spent the past year taking singing lessons, doing daily vocal exercises, and giving a series of concerts around the country with various symphony orchestras—most recently at Carnegie Hall with his Light in the Piazza and South Pacific costar Kelli O’Hara."
So it seems Morrison has known the role was his since before the ART run.
Finding Neverland-Vogue

Sunny11
#16They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 4:19pm

That time frame includes the reading he did which was last March and would have required It's own preparation regime.

lala3
#17They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 5:48pm

Seriously, the fact that people won't let it go that Jeremy is not playing the part is becoming so tedious. I can see liking him better, but Matt is no slouch either. I am a bigger fan of Matt then Jeremy and I would concede Jeremy has a better voice. Though I love Matt's as well But I don't think he is anywhere near the dancer that Matt is and I don't think he has the charisma either. And he still seems like a 25 yr old to me despite the beard he wore.

Also I know people are going on about eight shows a week, out of practice etc but Neil Patrick Harris hadn't done nearly as much as Matt has in terms of live performance in the many years before he did Hedwig.And he was totally fine.

I also have no doubt in my mind that Morrison would have agreed to do the workshop in March without the Broadway first refusal. He has been talking about going back to Broadway for a couple of years.

It's very possible his Glee schedule and the death of Cory Monteith shifted things as Matt was supposed to leave Glee mid season five.

Updated On: 2/19/15 at 05:48 PM

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#18They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 6:11pm

I'm a big JJ fan and wish he was doing it as much as the next fan. With that being said, Morrison's work proves that he will do a fine job with the role.

I mean, it's not like he's the same performer he was in Footloose. THAT I didn't like at all, but he's proven himself more than enough in my opinion.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Bwaydide92
#19They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 6:23pm

They could've kept Jeremy, but they didn't want to. And they didn't. End of story.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#20They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 6:30pm

I wonder what Jeremy is doing next. He was a part of Ever After and Bandstand, both of which are premiering at Paper Mill this year

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#21They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 7:30pm

He has a part in Outliving Emily (to what extent I don't know) which is in post production. His website, under "Future Appearances" says he's doing a line of concerts until the end of July. http://jeremy-jordan.com/Jeremy/appearances.html

I'd love to see him do another role like his on SVU. That episode was great.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#22They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/19/15 at 7:46pm

They could've kept Jeremy

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

JoeyEvans1206
#23They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/20/15 at 6:43am

Neither Jordan or Morrison can save FN.

Seeing it at the ART, I can at least say that it was never boring (at least during the first act). It was pretty fascinating to watch. Paulus is throwing a lot of stuff on stage to see what sticks. You kind of just have to see it to believe it.

It inherently has a very big identity problem. How do you create a family friendly musical that starts with a dead father and ends with the mother dying? Disney does it right - they kill off the parent in the first five minutes and spend the remaining 90 to cheer the kids up again.

The British pop score will probably please those fans who like to belt Wicked and Frozen in their car on their way to school. It's very catchy and toe-tapping. Not saying it's a bad thing - but it is what it is - and that's the target (and a big one at that) audience. The hard part will be convincing this audience this show is for them.

The choreography is a bit off the wall and ridiculous. Everything from modern Martha-Graham contractions to Be Our Guest-like prancing. There was even one number with dancing bees, birds, and dogs that looked like it was straight out of an episode of Blues Clues. I did like the choreography for an Irish pub number. Unfortunately it looked like it was from another, better, more focused show. There was also a lovely staging of a second act love ballad that used shadows.

Lots of trimming can be made particularly with the acting troop. There was also an endless 15 minute sequence where the acting troop re-enacted Peter Pan for the family. The focus needs to be on Barrie and the family at that point. It's such an important moment that needs to be re-thought. The magic onstage occurs when the mother dies and the magic needs to start when she and the family see their story in Pan.

I generally liked the female lead. Carolee did a very nice job as the grandmother in a role that was probably the most recognizable from the movie. McGrath was fun as producer/Hook - and Grammar will do just fine in the role. Honestly, Jordan was much too young for the role. He came across as more of an immature college student and less as a man who is avoiding growing up.

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#24They could've kept Jeremy
Posted: 2/20/15 at 7:35am

Matt was involved with FN from the very start. Jeremy was just keeping his seat warm. Let it go.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

Videos