News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Little Shop got extended till March 8!

The Little Shop got extended till March 8!

gibsons2
#1The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 10:07am

Just got an email from Theatermania that The Little Shop got extended! Plenty of $69 tickets available.

Joe Mayo
#2The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 10:12am

gibsons2 said: "Just got an email from Theatermania that The Little Shop got extended! Plenty of $69 tickets available."

With or without Groff? Or unconfirmed?

Thanks for the note

dave1606
#3The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 10:16am

I got this as well. It saidGroff through the 19th and Glick starts on 21. 

gibsons2
#4The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 10:17am

Groff will play through January 19th only, as per the email.

JaredBway
#5The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 10:29am

Is there a possibility of this extending through the end of March or beyond?

Updated On: 11/26/19 at 10:29 AM

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#6The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 10:38am

JaredBway said: "Is there a possibility of this extending through the end of March or beyond?"

This is just a guess, but it seems they want to see if the show has a life outside of Groff. If Glick can pull in some more sales, I could see this extending or even turning into an open run (or maybe that is just my hopes).

JaredBway
#7The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 10:40am

DoTheDood said: "JaredBway said: "Is there a possibility of this extending through the end of March or beyond?"

This is just a guess, but it seems they want to see if the show has a life outside of Groff. If Glick can pull in some more sales, I could see this extending or even turning into an open run (or maybe that is just my hopes).
"

I hope so, I'm back in the city March 21-30 and this would be the perfect show to schedule for March 29 evening.  

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 10:43am

Gah! So happy to see this thread!   Loved Groff, but am DYING to see Glick.   The weekend I'm going, however, Borle is out - which is fine, since I did see him last time.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#9The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 11:00am

This is definitely going to be similar to the Barrow Street production of Sweeney Todd, where it will just keep extending with a "new set of stars" and depending on how they sell it will extended again. The production opened to glowing revues, and all involved had made it a point to say it will never transfer to Broadway.

Det95
#10The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 11:03am

Just checked tickets it's dark both Feb.23rd and 24th. Any idea why? That seems weird to me to be dark two days in a row. 

goldenstate5
#11The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 11:25am

Is thing ever been recorded for a cast album?!

Money_baby
#12The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 1:14pm

It seems to be dark February 19th as well. Is it a matter of the actors have previously booked gigs?

PassingThrough2
#13The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 1:22pm

I am not seeing any availability for any of the January dates I'm considering... Is it already selling out?

Joe Mayo
#14The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 1:50pm

PassingThrough2 said: "I am not seeing any availability for any of the January dates I'm considering... Is it already selling out?"

If you are looking at pre 1/19 (the pre established Groff run), those were already sold out and have been for sometime.

Unsure if you are referring to post 1/21 which should represent the new block of tickets for the extension.

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#15The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 1:55pm

JaredBway said: "DoTheDood said: "JaredBway said: "Is there a possibility of this extending through the end of March or beyond?"

"

I hope so, I'm back in the city March 21-30 and this would be the perfect show to schedule for March 29 evening.
"

Agree. I won't be able to make it up until later in the summer, when I'm hoping to see Flying Over Sunset, Company, and a few others. I would absolutely love for this to switch into an open run.

PassingThrough2
#16The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 1:55pm

Thank you, yes I was looking the second and third weeks of January. Just decided to go to NYC two days ago. So many on resale but extremely expensive.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#17The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 3:56pm

I was upset I waited to see Glick, only to miss him, but now I'm so thrilled I'll have more chances to see him and the show finally!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

jonah3500
#18The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/26/19 at 10:04pm

goldenstate5 said: "Is thing ever been recorded for a cast album?!"

I really hope they make one! It would be so good!!

Rosette3
#19The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/27/19 at 12:21am

jonah3500 said: "goldenstate5 said: "Is thing ever been recorded for a cast album?!"

"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4V9m7pAPBe/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#20The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/27/19 at 12:53am

Do we think the rest of the cast will stay?

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#21The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/27/19 at 1:33am

Rosette3 said: "jonah3500 said: "goldenstate5 said: "Is thing ever been recorded for a cast album?!"

"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4V9m7pAPBe/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
"

Thank god!!! I doubt I am going to see Groff before he leaves the show and I have been dying to know how takes on the role. Cannot wait for this!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#22The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/27/19 at 1:39am

I'm glad it looks like they recorded an album. I was hoping they would, but the original will be hard to beat.

Broadway Buddy
#23The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/27/19 at 7:26am

The only tickets really are for when Borle is out. I don’t care who I see as Seymour. I’m big Glick and Groff fans, but Christian is one of my idles! I would love to see him! Makes me mad, but everyone needs breaks or has other plans sometimes.

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#24The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 11/27/19 at 11:44am

Broadway Buddy said: "I don’t care who I see as Seymour. I’m big Glick and Groff fans, but Christian is one of my idles!"

Same here. Seriously I don't know how anyone can top Borle if/once he leaves. I hope to be wrong, as I want this show to stay in NYC for as long as possible, but I can't think of any good replacements that would sell as much as Borle. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#25The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
Posted: 12/11/19 at 10:20am

...and we’re getting a cast recording!

Out December 20th on digital and streaming, with a physical album to come.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.
Updated On: 12/11/19 at 10:20 AM

Videos