News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!

BrdwyBnd2005
#0Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 6:45am

I'm currently first in line, and have been since 4am, for 2 SRO tickets for Spamalot. I'm crazy. A 6 hour wait to buy tickets, just so I can standd for 3 hours to watch a show. Who all has waited for a show? Which show/s?

If you feel bored and you're in New York, come and visit the Spamalot line. We're really nice. We'll be here till 10:00am.

Maybe we'll see some of you. That would be funny.

jacco
#1re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 7:51am

Could you get me a ticket haha.....

It's 13.51 in amsterdam, so I'll be a little late.

Have waited for Chicago rush for 3 hours. But 6 is heroic!!!!

Have fun tonight.

Forester Profile Photo
Forester
#2re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 7:58am

I've slept overnight in the cold November winter for concert tickets. Does that count?

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#3re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 9:51am

Whoo! Only 10 minutes to go, bud!!!

I got in line at 5am to try for SRO for the final Long Day's Journey into Night (and the box office didn't open until noon, because it was a Sunday) and after all that, I didn't even get SRO! I was the cut off person, the folks in front of me got the last one...but I did get one kick ass seat in the 6th row of the orchestra on the side aisle! No way I was leaving empty handed after all that!

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

Yorkie1276
#4re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 9:54am

I stood for Spamalot last month. I couldn't believe that I waited 5 hours in line for that crap.

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#5re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 10:06am

Sorry you thought it was crap---that'll teach you to wait in line!

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

Hopkins_125 Profile Photo
Hopkins_125
#6re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 10:51am

It's worth it!

ProducersFan
#7re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 11:14am

I waited 4 hours in the Producers cancellation line last March when Nathan and Matthew were in the show. Right at 2pm, someone from the box office came out and told us we could go get our tickets. Row G, left Orchestra, right on the aisle. Perfect seats and a wonderful show - couldn't ask for more and it was totally worth the wait.

Hope you had luck with your line waiting!

~Jessica

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#8re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 11:16am

We got there at 6am and there were about 6 people in front of us. This was before the Tony wins though.

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#9re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 11:22am

I must have had some freaky luck then, because in mid-May (I think) my mom was in town visiting, and we were walking by the theatre just before 10 and figured, what the hell it's so close to 10, the most we'll waste is 20 minutes or so if there are too many people already in front of us...So we got in line, on a Saturday at 9:50am, and got SRO for Spamalot! We even had our choice of matinee or evening! Go figure!!

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

Cabchic
#10re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 2:25pm

You picked an interesting day to see the show. See the New York post or the Sara Ramirez thread on here. PLease post your thoughts tomorrow about the show. And if you go to the stage door, I'm curious if Sara comes out after the bad press.

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#11re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 2:34pm

I stood in line for Wicked tickets one Saturday matinee back when there was a good cast (aka Kristin, Idina, and Norbert). I had lost lotto and then gotten on the line. Not too long of a wait. I was the last person to get one though.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

Theatrical Landladies Profile Photo
Theatrical Landladies
#12re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 2:39pm

We bought in advance and it was a waste of money. We agree with YORKIE it was crap! Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was the best show of the season!

"Your eyes..... they shine like the pants on my blue serge suit"

Chip1012 Profile Photo
Chip1012
#13re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 2:48pm

well at least you won't have to stand for 3 hours, the show isn't long, act 1 is 49 minutes.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#14re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 3:15pm

DRS is better. But Spamalot was fun.

I waited three hours in the cancellation line for the last performance of Les Mis. And it was totally worth it! Best show I have seen of it. And we were so lucky cause it was really just a special invite show but people didn't turn up so we got tickets. not cheap though, but worth it.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

DefyingPopular
#15re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 3:18pm

last summer a lot of people waited for hours at Wicked. I did near Kristin's end of run. We got there @ 9 for a 3 PM show and waited till 2:45. That was a bit nuts, but we got great seats!

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#16re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 3:24pm

Can someone explain the SRO policy to me!

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#17re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 3:26pm

standing room only is available if the show is sold out. I believe that it is. Or, if it is close to being sold out.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#18re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 3:27pm

well i understand that, but were and when do you go to get the tickets?

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#19re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 3:28pm

What are the limits for SRO? Can you buy tickets for both the matinee & evening performances?

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#20re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 3:31pm

you go to the box office (of the show you want to see) as soon as it opens to buy the tickets. That's why people are saying they wait in lines before the box office opens.

how many? i have no idea.

-Dre-

~Curtains~

~A Tale of Two Cities ~
Updated On: 8/12/05 at 03:31 PM

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#21re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 3:35pm

I understand how it works, but don't know what limits they impose---usually I come to NYC WITH a ticket!

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#22re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 3:45pm

It's two per person...I'd imagine if you go on a Wed/Sat, you could get one for each show, as long as they're still available. If you're there w/ someone, you could buy 2 to the mat and they could buy 2 to the evening show.

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#23re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 4:00pm

I remember once I skipped school with three friends to get front row rush for footloose in the dead middle of february. it was freezing cold and we waited outside on the cold concrete for 3 1/2 hours!!! my a$$ was totally frozen, and I think the coldness numbed some of my brain cells becuase I really enjoyed the show.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#24re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 4:08pm

Could you buy 1 for the matinee AND 1 for the evening?

Videos