News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

She Loves Me

Tkristop
#1She Loves Me
Posted: 2/14/16 at 9:36pm

This one seems to be a really limited run.  Any chance you think it could get extended a little longer?  

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#2She Loves Me
Posted: 2/14/16 at 9:37pm

Well since it hasn't opened...

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#3She Loves Me
Posted: 2/14/16 at 9:44pm

I'm very sad about it because I really want to see the show but planned out trip to NYC around when we could get tickets to Hamilton, which is for June 22nd, and for some reason IBDB says this production will be closing July 10th, so I thought I would be able to see it. I love the show, the score, and the cast is phenomenal. I wish it could extend just a few weeks.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Tkristop
#4She Loves Me
Posted: 2/14/16 at 9:50pm

Yes that's why I asked, Gypsy.  I know it hasn't opened but just wondered if anyone knew any reason why it was so limited (theater/actor contracts, etc) or if we could still hold out hope.  I also read originally that it would be open thru July 10, but everything now says early June.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#6She Loves Me
Posted: 2/15/16 at 12:37am

I'm not impressed with that design so far.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#7She Loves Me
Posted: 2/15/16 at 6:25am

Julie Andrews sings She Loves Me

Happy Monday!

....but the world goes 'round

woeisme3
#8She Loves Me
Posted: 2/15/16 at 9:32am

I think this'll extend. On The Twentieth Century opened around the same time and that extendd a few times and ran until mid-July.

KODALY
#9She Loves Me
Posted: 2/15/16 at 11:26am

I believe that the originally scheduled run of ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY was 4 weeks longer than what has been scheduled for SHE LOVES ME and that there was only one extension of the run (by 2 weeks).

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#10She Loves Me
Posted: 2/15/16 at 1:28pm

Laura said she hopes it extends, too, so it's a possibility, as said above me.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#11She Loves Me
Posted: 2/15/16 at 4:14pm

The decision to extend will come down to ticket sales, reviews, award prospects, and/or the cast's availability. I don't believe another production is programmed into that space just yet for the fall, but that's the earliest the next one would be opening. 

In terms of On the Twentieth Century's extension, I imagine it was so short because of how taxing the part was for Chenoweth. She's mentioned that she struggled pretty badly with her Meniere's Disease towards the end of the run. Box-office wise, I'm sure they could have run through the end of the summer had all parties involved been up to it.     

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#12She Loves Me
Posted: 2/15/16 at 5:35pm

This revival, of my absolute favorite show with possibly the finest cast ever, may finally prompt me to make that pilgrimage to Broadway.

It seems the set photo was taken off instagram She Loves Me did anyone manage to grab it?

Julie's rendition of "Dear Friend" is also sublime.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

PinJishu
#13She Loves Me
Posted: 2/15/16 at 6:24pm

I agree Kristin has one of the worst diseases I have ever seen

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#15She Loves Me
Posted: 2/15/16 at 6:43pm

OTTC extended twice, once way before they opened. By that time I had my job in NY confirmed so it must have been some time between mid December & February (I remember because I jumped and bought tix for closing night because all the good seats were available). The thing that was weird was that they had originally released that extended date... but then when tickets first went on sale it was shorter. Maybe that's what happened with She Loves Me? Because I seem to remember it running through July...

I do think there is a chance it might extend, the next show shouldn't move into the theater until fall... Give until after the reviews or Tony nominations. I believe the 2nd OTTC extension was announced shortly after the Tony noms?

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#16She Loves Me
Posted: 2/15/16 at 6:46pm

PinJishu said: "I agree Kristin has one of the worst diseases I have ever seen

Please explain. How can you 'see' menieres disease? Have you actually seen Ms C suffering from this terrible affliction or is this a disease you know  a lot about, because?

One of Australias' most beloved performers June Bronhill also suffered from this same debilitating disease.

SL

"

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#17She Loves Me
Posted: 2/15/16 at 9:41pm

Hmm the set design does look a little lacking, it certainly doesn't have the gorgeousness of the OBC original but I guess it's pretty okay.

She Loves Me

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#18She Loves Me
Posted: 2/15/16 at 11:15pm

I'm really not a fan of the new set design.  Maybe it will look better under the lights.

broadwayboy223
#19She Loves Me
Posted: 2/15/16 at 11:18pm

I hope to see this production! Whoever mentioned Julie Andrews should know that Julie was originally  going to do the show on Broadway but she had another commitment and the show wouldn't wait for her. Apparently when they tried to do a movie adaptation she was also going to star in that but if I recall correctly it fell through somehow. It's a shame really I'd love to her on the whole score. 

KathyNYC2
#20She Loves Me
Posted: 2/16/16 at 9:47am

This set design is more impressive to me than the set of the 1994? revival...which was totally dull and lackluster. Nothing can compete with the original of course, but as with most things on Broadway (with the economy in mind), things were more elaborate way back when with just about everything...sets, size of orchestra, etc. Times have changed..

This one is not bad considering..

Can't wait...going right before it opens.

Alessio2
#21She Loves Me
Posted: 2/16/16 at 4:48pm

This is off topic but can anyone comment on how the mezzanine seating is at studio 54? Was looking at purchasing their hot tix offer which are located in the last two rows of the mezzanine. Thanks. 

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#22She Loves Me
Posted: 2/16/16 at 5:14pm

Alessio2 said: "This is off topic but can anyone comment on how the mezzanine seating is at studio 54? Was looking at purchasing their hot tix offer which are located in the last two rows of the mezzanine. Thanks. "

I hope you're not tall because that sh!t is tight. I would recommend an aisle seat.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

KODALY
#23She Loves Me
Posted: 2/16/16 at 6:03pm

Not sure what tickets for what time frame were available/released when but the publicly announced run announced on 5/13/14 was just extended one time for two weeks on 4/30/15.  (See links below)

I find it hard to believe , even if the theater is available, that Benanti, Levi and Krakowski with their TV and other commitments would all be available to extend for more than a couple of weeks

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/on-the-twentieth-century-with-kristin-chenoweth-and-peter-gallagher-sets-20-218284

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/on-the-twentieth-century-revival-starring-kristin-chenoweth-extends-on-broadway-348027

Alessio2
#24She Loves Me
Posted: 2/16/16 at 6:05pm

ClydeBarrow, I am 6'3"...

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#25She Loves Me
Posted: 2/16/16 at 7:33pm

Alessio2 said: "ClydeBarrow, I am 6'3"..."

I'm 6'3" as well. I sat in the rear mezzanine for Therese Raquin. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world by any means, but I managed.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
Updated On: 2/16/16 at 07:33 PM

Videos