News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project

Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project

Bdwyguy30 Profile Photo
Bdwyguy30
#0Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/27/06 at 2:14pm

I just heard from a friend that Rodney is leaving Jacques Brel to do a new musical called The 60's Project. Richard Maltby is directing it I think. I dont think it has been announced or anything but has anyone heard anything about this show? I saw him in Jacques Brel and Two Gents in Baltimore and think he is awesome! Does anyone know what the show is about?

Bdwy24
#1re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/27/06 at 2:24pm

This is the last I've heard of this project

The 60's Project

Bdwyguy30 Profile Photo
Bdwyguy30
#2re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/27/06 at 2:32pm

Hey thanks I just did some research and it is going to be at The Goodspeed Opera house at The Norma Terris. Thanks for that.

erinrebecca
#3re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/27/06 at 2:38pm

This project has been in the works for a while now. Rodney was involved in last year's workshop so I'm happy to see he's returning. He's an incredibly talented guy. And yes, it will be at the Goodspeed. :)

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#4re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/27/06 at 7:53pm

I'm thrilled that he's returning to the project, and wish him all the best with it!

I'll miss seeing him in Jacques Brel, but am so happy that he has this project!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

joniray
#5re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/28/06 at 12:15pm

I hope Megan Lewis is still with the project. She rocked in the workshop.

I also hope that Chad Kimball is still with it. His acting in this was really quite wonderful. And, of course, he has that voice re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#6re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/28/06 at 12:19pm

I wish him the best, too. I've enjoyed his work in Jacques Brel tremendously and would consider a road trip to the Goodspeed based on that alone.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#7re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/28/06 at 12:22pm

Does anyone know when Rodney's last performance in Jacques Brel is scheduled to be? I read his replacement starts on July 7th, but wonder when Rodney's last performance will be.

I would LOVE to see it.

Rodney has a special place in my heart.

Bdwyguy30 Profile Photo
Bdwyguy30
#8re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/28/06 at 12:29pm

I just got my tickets actually. The box office told me that his last performance is on Thursday July 6th. I think the cast is also doing a thing at Broadway in Bryant Park in the afternoon. Also I believe megan Lewis is doing it again, don't qoute me but I don't think Chad Kimball will be with it because apparantley Shonn Wiley is playing that role now. I have seen Shonn in Dracula and the NYMF show he did last summer he is excellent. So I am looking forward to The 60's.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#9re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/28/06 at 12:46pm

Thanks!

Just got my tickets for the 6th.

And, I can't wait for The 60's! Great cast and fascinating subject matter! It goes hand in hand with Jacques Brel, which I've loved so much!

joniray
#10re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/28/06 at 12:50pm

I'm sad to hear about Chad. That's too bad. (sorry couldn't help myself re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project

I'm kind of surprised as well - he was such a strong performer in it.

I wonder if the decision was theirs or his?

I don’t think I’m familiar with Shonn Wiley. What show at NYMF was he in last year?

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#11re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/28/06 at 12:59pm

And it appears that I have *my* tickets for the 6th, too. It will be great to see the show another time before the change. Not saying it won't be good with Rodney's replacement, just different...as it has to be with such a small cast. But as I am sure I have made abundantly clear, Jacques Brel had really touched me.

And The 60's Project sounds like it's probably the story of my life. I see a road trip in the future. If only I could wrassle up an old VW van...

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Updated On: 6/28/06 at 12:59 PM

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#12re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/28/06 at 1:04pm

I love a road trip...

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#13re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/28/06 at 1:39pm

So... is this just a "multi-media" jukebox show?

That's what it sounds like... but I guess this remains to be seen.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Bdwyguy30 Profile Photo
Bdwyguy30
#14re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project
Posted: 6/28/06 at 3:23pm

Having seen the Worksho in the fall and with the apparant changes. It is technically a "Jukebox" show but it is more Jersey Boys than good vibrations, All shook up, Lennon in terms of depth and substance. There is an actual story and characters that you chart and follow and how they go from being 17 to 27 and how each of them go from the innocent youths from the beginning to the diverse mixed bag at the end of the play and the end of the era actaully. The multi media at least from the Fall workshop really enhanced everything and completely served a purpose. although it wasn't perfect by the shows end everyone in the audience were pretty much in tears and were crying at various points throughout. So to me it seemed like a very compelling piece of theatre. I hope the changes are great. I hope that kind of answered your question. If I find out more I will let you know.

Videos