News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Riedel: "Expect Company to open on Broadway 2006-2007"- Page 4

Riedel: "Expect Company to open on Broadway 2006-2007"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#75re: Riedel: Expect Company to open on Broadway 2006-2007
Posted: 3/22/06 at 1:58pm

Singing, acting, dancing AND playing an instrument is excessive.

Not to mention the fact that it would probably look a little bit ridiculous.

Skittles, stop messing with my head. And my hormones.

Thanks. :-P

A work of art is an invitation to love.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#76re: Riedel: Expect Company to open on Broadway 2006-2007
Posted: 3/22/06 at 2:12pm

re: Riedel: Expect Company to open on Broadway 2006-2007

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#77re: Riedel: Expect Company to open on Broadway 2006-2007
Posted: 3/22/06 at 2:43pm

Just in case...

*takes guns, knives, and any other sharp objects or objects in general that can inflict pain on herself or others away from Emcee on the night of the 2007 Tonys*

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Plum
#78re: Riedel: Expect Company to open on Broadway 2006-2007
Posted: 3/22/06 at 3:02pm

Number 2 was the London Sunday in the Park With George. I was incredibly lucky on that count.

FoscasBohemianDream
#79re: Riedel: Expect Company to open on Broadway 2006-2007
Posted: 3/22/06 at 3:24pm

"Tick-Tock" was actually cut from Company altogether although the Broadway revival did include it since Ms.Charlotte was playing the role of Kathy (interesting she played that role and now she is going to play another McKechnie role-Cassie). I believe for Doyle's production, Tick-Tock would complicate casting the role of Kathy and it probably wouldn't work within the concept. Also, I'm sure it saves money on hiring a choreographer (I wish they did though, I like "You Could Drive A Person Crazy" to be danced as well, and I hear it's not a dancing number in Doyle's staging). I'm sure there are many great aspects in this production to make up for the absence of some good dancing numbers.

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#80re: Riedel: Expect Company to open on Broadway 2006-2007
Posted: 3/22/06 at 3:34pm

Oh, I've heard that that production is incredible, Plum. re: Riedel: Expect Company to open on Broadway 2006-2007

Videos