News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Recommendation

kegrinds Profile Photo
kegrinds
#1Recommendation
Posted: 3/5/14 at 2:56pm

Time for 1 show- help me decide between:
Pippin, If/Then, or Bridges of Madison County.
Thanks!

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#2Recommendation
Posted: 3/5/14 at 4:22pm

It is very hard (impossible) to answer questions like this without knowing more about your taste. Of the three, for me personally, I would see Pippin. (I haven't seen If/Then yet. The first NYC preview is tonight.)

brdway411
#2Recommendation
Posted: 3/5/14 at 4:26pm

Pippin and Bridges offer Rush tickets, If/Then is a Lotto, not sure how you are getting your tickets if that makes a difference.

I would vote for Pippin, Have not seen Bridges because I heard it is Snooze worthy and If/Then starts tonight.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#3Recommendation
Posted: 3/5/14 at 4:28pm

Pippin

Haven't seen Bridges, but I wasn't a huge fan of If/Then in DC

oasisjeff
#4Recommendation
Posted: 3/5/14 at 4:36pm

I saw IF/THEN in DC toward the end of the run... and think there is great potential there. Pippin is the guaranteed charmer, since it's a proven entity. I didn't see Bridges yet, so can't say much there.

If you don't get to NYC often, I steer toward seeing OBC versions, and my personal taste would be If/Then over Bridges. Idina is giving a powerful performance here, and her 11 o'clock number is killer. You've got the Rapp/Dazeem/Grief Rent angle. The N2N dream team angle. And the only original show of the bunch (Pippin is a revival, Bridges is a book and movie). Even if the show isn't a hit, and they've changed a lot since DC, AFAIK, you'd be hard pressed to find more wattage and potential.

I am someone who traveled from NYC to DC specifically to see If/Then, of course, so keep that in mind, as well. Recommendation

Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.

Videos