News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line

Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#1re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 10:04am

They make me fel warm and fuzzy all over!

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#2re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 10:16am

What a vibrant and enthusiastic cast! Can't wait for this one.

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

fiyero8132
#3re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 11:34am

I want the TKTS shirt Tony Yazbek is wearing! Where might one get one of those??
Updated On: 4/27/06 at 11:34 AM

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#4re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 11:40am

Good luck finding one! They have been created for the show for years. You may run across one from when they were actually sold back in the day but they are very rare indeed.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#5re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 11:44am

Brilliant!

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

fiyero8132
#6re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 11:44am

Ugh! But while we're on the subject - where did Anthony Rapp get that pink t-shirt with a star on the chest? I think he wore it on the today show appearance. I like that shirt.

NJgirl
#7re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 11:56am

thank you bww for those photos. :) I can't wait to see the revival of ACL.

Flippancy Profile Photo
Flippancy
#8re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 1:15pm

Here's another one for the "You know you're getting old when..." lists.

You know you're getting old when the original A CHORUS LINE costumes look like period dress -- and you can remember when everyone dressed that way.

But be that as it may, so glad to see this show come back. And it even has Ken Alan and Michael Berresse...two of my favorite male dancers.

Brodybaby03 Profile Photo
Brodybaby03
#9re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 1:18pm

can't believe that girl was cast as Val.....

erikaamato
#10re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 1:30pm

re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line

Yay, Mara! (Maggie) Woo-hoo! I'm so excited for her! One of the nicest, most talented girls I know. Seriously. =)

(That's her on the far left as Josie and me on the far right as Fay Templeton in George M! back in '04)

(Edited for typo's) Updated On: 4/27/06 at 01:30 PM

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#11re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 1:52pm

cute photo!

I saw Mara in ACL as Cassie at Cal State Fullerton.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Gothampc
#12re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 2:24pm

I can't believe they are going so far as to costume Bobby with the scarf. They could have ditched that while staying true to the period.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Zyla
#13re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 2:34pm

Looking forward to this! I admit, I've never seen the show, but love the music and the concept. As most others have said, the cast looks great, very enthusiastic.

broadwayman
#14re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 2:42pm

did anyone notice that charlotte d'amboise's pose isnt fully right? isnt her foot supposed to be out and crossed over the oteher leg kind of like diana's? not just pointed out?

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#15re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 2:49pm

yes, it should be crossed over more. dont worry - someone will tell her ^^

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#16re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 2:53pm

actually many o fthe poses are different.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"
Updated On: 4/27/06 at 02:53 PM

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#17re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 2:59pm

I was just getting ready to say the exact same thing!

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#18re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 10:59pm

Tyler Hanes has a great complexion.

Deidre Goodwin is gonna be so wonderful in this show!!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#19re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 11:13pm

The revival photograph looks like they're standing extremely close to one another.

Broadway_Baby Profile Photo
Broadway_Baby
#20re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 11:23pm

Chyssie Whitehead!

I've taken quite a few master classes from her...genuinely great girl, and really funny.

Oh, and the show opens the day after my birthday!

Honey, I don't produce theater. I am theater.

peggyandvelma Profile Photo
peggyandvelma
#21re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/27/06 at 11:24pm

I don't know much about ACL, but this looks like a show that I could really get into. I love the song "One". And the video of the cast makes them seem really excited to be a part of it. I can't wait to see what happens in the fall!

No one is alone.

princessem721 Profile Photo
princessem721
#22re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/28/06 at 1:27pm

Most of the poses are slightly different, Bob Avian didn't want the exact same ones.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#23re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/28/06 at 1:33pm

I would call those poses "minimally" different at the very most...

Those poses supposedly came organically out of the way the original cast stood. Bob Avian should do something similar.

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#24re: Photo Coverage: First Look at the 2006 Cast of A Chorus Line
Posted: 4/28/06 at 2:13pm

I agree but if we are supposedly trying to do a complete re-creation of the original, as most productions of ACL are done they should have to stand the same way as the OBC and every other company has done. I always felt lucky that I at least got one of the comfortable poses. I always felt sorry for Diana as that pose is hard to hold. I just find all the little changes odd. Either re-create the original completely or re-visit and create new stuff for the revival.

Videos