News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

"Peter Pan Live"

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#175-
Posted: 12/4/14 at 9:11pm

"WTF, did they just kill Wendy?"

I wish. She bugs.

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#176-
Posted: 12/4/14 at 9:11pm

Carlos. Will it be ok to say 'I do believe in fairies'?

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#177-
Posted: 12/4/14 at 9:13pm

Walken has been reading a teleprompter all evening. Watch. And then he loses his place.

He's an SNL host in a Peter Pan Sketch. And not a good one.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#178-

WTF was that, Walken?

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#179-

Damn that bald headed pirate with the open purple shirt is so friggin' HOT!!

Starship
#180-
Posted: 12/4/14 at 9:14pm

I honestly don't even know what is going on anymore.

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#181-

oh Em Gee. Make that note/noise end!

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#182-

I like the gay pirates.

greatwhiteway72
#183-

Williams did not go to the Yale School of Drama. She went to Yale for her undergrad, not their lauded graduate acting program. That should definitely be made clear.

mikey2573
#184-

The problem with the flying number was that Williams was unable to stop herself from turning around on the wire. The other problem was the camera angles shot from the side of the set instead of straight on, this made the wires very easy to see. Usually the wallpaper on the Darling Nursery set has stripes. Take a look at the Duncan video --the wallpaper on the set is going up and down so the wires will blend in.
When they flew out the window the whole thing just came to a dead stop. It looked like they were trying to do things they had rehearsed but were unable to. They were not able to look like they were flying, they looked like they were just hanging.

Williams is truly awful as Peter. No charisma, wooden line readings. Honestly, I've seen children in community theater productions bring more excitement to the
role. ANd I can prove it. This is not video from the actual production, they are just doing a number (Ugg a Wugg) for a THeater Awards ceremony where this production (including its 13 year old lead) was nominated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR4VagoKVb0

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#185-

Even the Wallmart commercials are annoying

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Burke4 Profile Photo
Burke4
#186-
Posted: 12/4/14 at 9:15pm

Agreed. Melissa Joan Hart still looks gorgeous though.

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#187-
Posted: 12/4/14 at 9:15pm

Huh? They just cut back to walken in the middle of commercials?

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#188-
Posted: 12/4/14 at 9:16pm

What just happened?! Was that really Walken singing?…

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#189-

But man, did that INTO THE WOODS ad look damned good!

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

mikey2573
#190-

The Wal mart commercials are more exciting!

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#191-
Posted: 12/4/14 at 9:17pm

That was truly bizarre.

Can we have a show all about the pirates, minus Walken? They are the best part so far.

Starship
#192-

Really enjoying lesbian Peter Pan, drunk/sleepy/confused Christopher Walken as Captain Hook, drugged Wendy feat. the hot gay chorus of Broadway as the Lost Boys and Indians!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#193-

I am honestly amazed at how good this LIVE performance is being done! Having worked in Live TV for 27 years this is amazing. I love Walken, always have. I am liking the more dramatic treatment of the text. MHO

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#194-

I think my favorite part (I actually laughed out loud) was Melissa Joan Heart Saying "It's a bow and arrow. Like Wendy got shot with!" Oh these Walmart commercials LOL.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#195-

That brief cut back to Walken holding his last note was just...horrifying! He looks like he should be playing Mrs. Meers in a bus and truck tour of THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE.

Tom5
#196-

I bailed after 30 minutes, ("I know a place where dreams are born" was worth waiting for) but I will say that while Allison is short of personality - ala Mary Martin, Sandy Duncan, Cathy Rigby (!) - she makes up for it as a strong and solid actress with a natural Broadway caliber voice. That puts her miles ahead of every pop star out there today.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#197-

What just happened?! Was that really Walken singing?…

----
Yea, he's still performing that song lol.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

bwayobsessed
#198-
Posted: 12/4/14 at 9:18pm

I must say I usually do not like the song "Wendy" but the way it was arranged and performed during this I thought was very successful. But what on earth was that bathtub moment??

I also like adding the bit of "Distant Melody" to "Tender Sheperd"

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#199-
Posted: 12/4/14 at 9:18pm

I'm shocked to say this but Sound of Music was far better than this. Carrie was weak but she was the only one. Most everyone is just really off and uneven in Peter Pan.

Videos