News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

NATALIE!!!

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#0NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 2:17am

Dear LORD! I am so very lucky to know this girl.

Tonight's Joe's Pub gig was unbelievable...hands down one of the finest concert performances I've ever seen.

Natalie is such a gifted performer and wowed the sold-out crowd tonight. I hope the show is developed into a little run at the Pub-it would be wonderful for her as well as Joe's!

Another star of the evening was clearly the HUGELY talented Jonah Speidel. As the music director he came up with some of the most fun and inventive arrangements I've heard in a long time...not to mention his original tunes Natalie performed. I can't wait to see what their next collaboration will be.

Congrats to Ben Rimalower on direction, the Pink Champagne Orchestra and the bubblies, the lighting and sound team at the pub, and producer Marissa Kamin on a job VERY well done!

"There is nothing scary about life, if you are not attached to the results." - Conversations With God

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#1re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 2:33am

This sounds like THE place to be tonight. Anyone else go? I hear there were a couple of hot chicks there. A PINK Champaign orchestra? Now THAT sounds promising...
What were some of the songs?

PEACE.

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#2re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 7:53am

I'm In LOVE with Natalie..for those of you who didn't know that already. This performance was just the icing on the cake !!!
She gave a show that I will NEVER forget. She is AMAZING !!! Anyone who was lucky enough to be there last night experienced a performer who knows how to embrace her audience and keep them in her loving arms until she's ready to let them go. Her grip is so tight and I didn't want her to let me go. I'm still smiling today. Now she needs to release a "Live at Joe's Pub" CD and DVD. re: NATALIE!!!

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kevinoes Profile Photo
Kevinoes
#3re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 8:12am

what songs did she do?

EddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
#4re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 8:22am

A legendary night.

Simply a magical evening, what vocal wonders were brought to life by Natalie last night.

The crowd was packed full of everybody from Randy Jones to Broadwayboobs!
Special mention MUST be made regarding Our Lady Jonah aka Jonah Spiedel's brilliant arrangements and musical direction-they were beyond inspired!!

The entire Pink Champagne Orchestra was sublime.
Last nights show was one of those "nights", truly a special evening with a gifted gal, I'm still in awe. BRAVO!!!!

Trisky Profile Photo
Trisky
#5re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 9:30am

Jonah's arrangements were fantastic, as was his ensemble!

I just love the absolute rawness of Natalie's vocal power and that she's not afraid to be anything but what she is, whether she's singing a standard or Christina Aguilera or something from Bare.

She's wonderful both onstage and off and I cannot think of a person who deserves to be truly successful more than her. Why is she not on Broadway sharing her gift 8 times a week? It's unfathomable to me.

"Too young to hold on and too old to just break free and run" - Jeff Buckley

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#6re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 10:36am

Brava, Natalie!

With a pink champagne orchestra, you KNOW I was there! re: NATALIE!!!

I adored the arrangements. Especially "Moondance".

Congrats to Ben Rimalower on the direction, and will someone please GET THIS WOMAN ON STAGE AGAIN!

Fun to play with all the fab BWWers! Let's do it again soon!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

PrettyBoy Profile Photo
PrettyBoy
#7Natalie's set list
Posted: 2/2/06 at 10:58am

Oh, God - it was so amazing. I hope I get it all right. She stopped the show like ten times and got two standing ovations.

They Call It Stormy Monday
Fancy
Moondance
I'm Your Baby Tonight
Ribbons Down My Back
You Love Me
I Had Myself A True Love
some REALLY funny song about shooting guy who's dumped her (kind of sounds like an East Village version of The Boy From...)
that Michael Jackson song "Annie, are you okay?"
some ballad, I think original - gorgeous and belty
The Voice Within
A Quiet Night at Home
Midnight Radio

SHE ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#8re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 11:02am

I also enjoyed her rendition of "Ribbons Down My Back" from Hello Dolly !. I love when someone can make a well known song their own.

I'm so glad she did "Quiet Night At Home"..that was the song she sang in BARE that made me say..this girl is gonna go far.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#9re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 11:27am

PrettyBoy,

The songs you're referring to are called "Pink Prada Purse" and "You've Changed" (I'm pretty sure that's the title).

Agreed with everyone -- Natalie was spectacular last night, and she and Jonah are just amazing together. LOVED the Orchestra.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#10re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 11:36am

Closing with QUIET NIGHT just broke my Heart

kissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
#11re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 12:38pm

Brava, Natalie!

A voice that won't quit and covers all the ranges, shifting easily from comic song to ballad!

Pink Prada Purse was HYSTERICAL!!!

Kudos to Ben Rimalower for the direction!

Natalie 2 Profile Photo
Natalie 2
#12re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 12:45pm

Natalie who? re: NATALIE!!!

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#13re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 1:11pm

Make room for me on the bandwagon. What a show! The orchestra was so unexpected (in a good way), the arrangements were inspired, and lordy, what a voice that girl has! But she also has a such a refreshing stage presence. You just know she won't turn into an egotistical assh*le when she becomes a big star...and from where I was sitting, that shouldn't take very long.

Yep. I'm a fan!

Edited to add that in a show of stellar songs, I just can't get past how outstanding her version of Moondance was. I seriously think there should be another night of Natalie scheduled sooner rather than later, so that more people can see the show.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Updated On: 2/2/06 at 01:11 PM

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#14re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 2:52pm

I love Natalie, and agree that she needs to be in a musical as soon as humanly possible. Any roles you think she would suit? I think she would do a wonderfully tragic Nessarose in Wicked, or a super sweet Kate Monster.

Akiva

bbroadwaybb Profile Photo
bbroadwaybb
#15re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 2:56pm

Jesus Christ, she was amazing. Anyone who missed it... missed it.

Tell Bette Midler to watch her back.

She's tall enough to be your mother

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#16re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 3:34pm

Can't get Moondance out of my head. Fabulous!

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

EddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
#17re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 8:05pm

Jonah's arrangement of "Moondance" and Natalie and the entire bands performance of it was a highlight in an evening of pure musical bliss...I'm still in awe!

Ben Rimalower really guided the talent and energy of the night in an expert manner.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#18re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 10:10pm

I love the photos that are on the main page!

I'm giggling over a name mistake... re: NATALIE!!!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

sognatora Profile Photo
sognatora
#19re: NATALIE!!!
Posted: 2/2/06 at 11:48pm

i'm curious, what name mistake?

Videos