News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Megan Hilty

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#0Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/15/05 at 10:54pm

I haven't seen her as Glinda yet, so I was curious how everyone thinks she is? Voice, acting, improv? Just curious. I saw an understudy and although she was good, I wanted to see Megan. Thanks

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#1re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/15/05 at 10:55pm

Need I confess my unwavering love for Megan?

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#2re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/15/05 at 10:55pm

I hear she's amazing. When did you go? I'd love to see Stacie do the role, or Megan Sikora. Who went on?

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#3re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/15/05 at 11:01pm

I saw her in December when JLT was sick, and she was wonderful. Then I saw her again about two weeks ago, and she's even better. I'll probably be crucified for this statement, but I thought she was as good as Cheno. Taking into account that she's considerably younger than Ms. Chenowith, I would say she has quite a career ahead of her. (I think Kristin Chenoweth is extraordinarily talented, mind you. This is not intended to put her down in any way...simply to give you an idea of how truly gifted Ms. Hilty--the recent college graduate--is.)

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#4re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/15/05 at 11:04pm

She is great. I'm a huge wicked fan and pick everytihng apart, but there's nothing wrong with her performance. shes the nicest person too i love her and have meet her several times shes so sweet.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Parks
#5re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 12:14am

I'm seeing her in 5 days. re: Megan Hilty

I saw Stacie in her first performance...she was pretty good. Wasn't a big fan of hers at the stage door though. -_-

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

BwayTheatre11
#6re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 12:17am

Why is that, Parks?

CCM '10!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#7re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 12:57am

i thought she stole the show and i saw her when idina was still in wicked.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

TheColorOfFlame
#8re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 1:19am

OH MY GOD, I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT!!! Can you guys please tell me what you liked about Megan? I feel like not ONE of her jokes landed! I feel like I need to explain comic timing to her!!! Can anyone help me with this and tell me why they like her? ANYONE?!

"I am the sound of distant thunder, the color of flame." CARRIE the Musical

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#9re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 1:22am

She's hot.

The End.

PJ
#10re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 1:31am

I too felt that Megan was just as good as Kristin. She has the vocal chops and the stage presence that Cheno is known for.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#11re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 1:38am

Colorofflame- The Ny Times agrees with you. They too had issues with her comedic timing.

Basically it's going around that Broadway has the two worst leading Wicked ladies right now. We need some Ana.

Stage Addict Profile Photo
Stage Addict
#12re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 11:36am

I saw Megan in April, and I thought she was just OK. It was my first time seeing Wicked, and after listening to the OBCR, my expectations were set very high for the show. As soon as she came out in the bubble I was slightly let down. She didn't wow me at all, and many of the notes in "No One Mourns the Wicked" that Kristin sang beautifully on the OBCR were cut very short and she didn't seem to be confident with them. Also, as previously stated, the delivery of the jokes was lacking. Overall I did enjoy the show, but I was slightly disappointed in Megans performance.

"If you're a writer or a painter, you write or paint whenever you want to. But we have to do this task at a precise moment. At three minutes past eight, the curtain goes up, and you've got to pretend to believe, because no one else will believe you unless you believe it yourself. A great deal of our work is simply making ourselves dream. That is the task. At three minutes past eight,YOU MUST DREAM."
Updated On: 7/16/05 at 11:36 AM

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#13re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 11:50am

::cough:: Glinda doesn't sing No Good Deed. re: Megan Hilty

This is my signature.

Stage Addict Profile Photo
Stage Addict
#14re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 11:57am

haha wowww..No One Mourns the Wicked..sorry bout that!

"If you're a writer or a painter, you write or paint whenever you want to. But we have to do this task at a precise moment. At three minutes past eight, the curtain goes up, and you've got to pretend to believe, because no one else will believe you unless you believe it yourself. A great deal of our work is simply making ourselves dream. That is the task. At three minutes past eight,YOU MUST DREAM."

miss pennywise
#15re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 12:08pm

I saw Wicked for the 9th time a couple of weeks ago, and Megan Hilty entertained me tremendously. I know every line, every joke, every everything, so the only surprises are the nuances each actor brings (or doesn't bring!) to the role. Ms. Hilty was hilarious.

Who cares what the NY Times says? If you like something, enjoy it. If you don't, then don't see it again.

It's ALL opinion. I went off on critics in some other thread yesterday, so I'll spare everyone today. re: Megan Hilty

~ Best12Bars

ReNtHeAd04
#16re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 12:53pm

i saw JLT in december and loved her. i'm seeing megan on august 23. .we'll see how it goes..

"maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away" -sex and the city

Parks
#17re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 1:43pm

Ah...4 days now. re: Megan Hilty

Well, it was FREEZING cold and snowing and windy out-and Stacie took her time inside (45 minutes of waiting..) None of the stars even came out that night. re: Megan Hilty. Pretty much everybody gave up hope of her coming out the stage door-so it was just another guy and a girl and I. She came out, not even smiling. She just said 'Hey guys,' we asked her to sign our playbill's and she did...and then she just walked off without saying anything else. I ran to her quickly again to ask for a picture (see my fan photos) and she took one with me...but she didn't seem very happy about it. I don't know, I guess having seen Avenue Q just 2 nights before made me think everyone would be extremely nice on B'way. haha

She was alright...just seeing how it was her first performance, you'd think she might be a little bit more perky and friendly.

I'd love to see her again. She was a great Glinda. Rumor has it though that she's not always the nicest person. She's an excellent performer though. re: Megan Hilty Perhaps I just caught her on a bad night at the stage door..

I think she may have been a little upset that there were only 3 people waiting for her. She walked out of the stage door with a smile on her face...and then it immediately went away when she saw it was only us 3. Maybe next time she'll go a little bit faster?

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
Updated On: 7/16/05 at 01:43 PM

Glindafan
#18re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 2:33pm

Parks - - Did we miss something here? The thread is about Megan Hilty and you do a long soliloquy on Stacie? What gives?

Wisdom often comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone

BwayTheatre11
#19re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 4:01pm

I asked him why he dislikes Stacie...so yes, you missed something.

CCM '10!

Parks
#20re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 4:16pm

*snap*

OK, she really wasn't that bad. I was just kinda expecting more from her...after that...45 minutes of torture she put me through! A boy from Texas waiting in the snow...freezing...windy...AHHH! But if there were only 3 people waiting for me on my first night, I'd probably be pretty upset too. :-/

BwayTheatre11
#21re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 4:21pm

She looks happy in the pic.

She was very sweet at an understudy concert I saw.

Megan looks extremely charming at the stage door.

CCM '10!

breakneckspeed
#22re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 4:51pm

If it was the first time an understudy went on and she didn't come out the stage door for a long time, chances are she was getting a slew of notes from the stage manager/or Joe Mantello, or whoever was there...and she did say "hey guys" and signed autographs...what were you expecting?? It's really awkward to walk out a stage door and just see people staring at you -- you don't know who they're waiting for -- you don't want to make assumptions. All of these fan's stage door expectations! If you want to talk to someone -- have a question prepared to get the ball rolling! As with all people, some performers are shy!

Threadjack over.

Megan is a great Glinda -- and I can't wait to see her take Broadway by storm in a new role, hopefully one that allows her to show the complete opposite of Glinda that she posses.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#23re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 6:07pm

Let me preface this by saying that I saw her in December, back when she was still the standby for JLT...

I was also not at all impressed with Hilty's Glinda. I felt the NY Times review of her was spot on- she misses a LOT of jokes that Cheno and JLT both got. Her Glinda didn't get nearly as many laughs as her two predecessors. To me, she was a huge disappoinment.

miss pennywise
#24re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 7/16/05 at 6:17pm

Perhaps she has grown in the role. All I know is that I sat in the 6th row center and Megan Hilty was very, very funny in the comical scenes and appropriately moving in the serious scenes. I remember remarking to my friend how impressed I was that someone so young could evoke such "mature" emotions. I know that a few months ago she lost a good friend to cancer, who was only 40. Life events like this can have powerful effects on people, especially artists. Anyway, whatever the reason, she was great!

~ Best12Bars

Videos