News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Linda Eder in Concert

chenofan Profile Photo
chenofan
#0Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 9/26/05 at 1:11am

So, I am very excited because I got tickets for when she is in town. Has anyone seen her bofore? How is she live? Nice at the Stage Door? Thanks for any insight

"You look like a Christmas tree with a drinking problem!" - MEMPHIS

BSoBW2
#1re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 9/26/05 at 1:13am

I want to see a Linda Eder concert - BADLY!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 9/26/05 at 1:25am

Her concerts are incredible! She's really wonderful live- very charismatic. And of course, her voice is always stunning. We're going to one of her holiday shows this year, and I can't wait.

I've never had any desire to stage door, so I couldn't tell you about that. I always see a crowd though, and from what I've read she's very nice.

chenofan Profile Photo
chenofan
#3re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 9/26/05 at 8:37am

Thanks Adam - sounds great.

"You look like a Christmas tree with a drinking problem!" - MEMPHIS

Glebb Profile Photo
Glebb
#4re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 9/26/05 at 9:09am

I hope I finally get to see Eder live soon.

" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."

augustine73 Profile Photo
augustine73
#5re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 9/30/05 at 11:49am

never seen her in a concert but i have her album.. shes awesome. just like lea salonga!

theaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
#6re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 9/30/05 at 11:51am

I bet you her concerts will be even better now that sheis not married and constrained to only singing her husbands material.

FlaBroadway
#7re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 9/30/05 at 1:11pm

I love her CDs. When I went to my first Linda Eder concert, I didn't believe that she could equal the incredibleness of the CDs. She was better live than recorded. She blew the roof off Broward Center for the Performing Arts (Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 2003), and received 5 standing ovations.

At the stage door, she's the most gracious performer I've met. She's comfortable with her fans, talking to them as if they're her friends. She takes time to greet everyone. (Reminds me somewhat of Stephanie J. Block at the stage door.)

The previews of the new CD are outstanding. She seems to have more energy and more love of life. And yes, her choice of material to sing is now boundless.

Obviously, I'm a big fan, and highly recommend everyone see her in concert at least once. My calendar is counting down to the Carnegie Hall concert on Nov. 9th!!!!!

Ebonic_Singer
#8re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 9/30/05 at 1:13pm

I've seen her a few times (and have tickets for Carnegie! Wee!!). She is better live than on her recordings and is funny and charming--what a wonderful personality!!

EganFan2
#9re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 9/30/05 at 3:13pm

Is that true? I mean, he wanted her to stick to singing a lot of HIS stuff?

WildhornFanatic
#10re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 9/30/05 at 6:51pm

I don't think it's fair to say Frank would only allow her to sing his stuff. While they were together he cranked out tunes and she was there. So, she recorded a lot of what he had composed.

Now that they're not together, she obviously won't be singing his new material. It's a shame because his new material is his best music yet.

EganFan2
#11re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 9/30/05 at 8:26pm

I've always liked his stuff, regardless.

Barnes and Noble.com has clips of her new CD, by the way.

DoubleV
#12re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 9/30/05 at 11:33pm

Linda is a brilliant live performer. I've seen her twice in concert, and I cannot wait for her to come this way again! Her voice is indeed better live that on recordings, if that's even possible! And she is very engaging with the audience. Very earnest, sincere, humorous, and gracious. You will definitely enjoy her, and I'm insanely jealous of everyone who gets to see her on her most recent tour!

Poppy
#13re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 9/30/05 at 11:40pm

Linda in concert is the best! She always fills the house. She was always very nice at the J&H stage door at the Plymouth in NYC before and after the show, and she's still that same, nice down-to-earth person. I'm seeing her in Marlton, NJ on October 8. By the way, I heard Kate Schindle do some of Frank's songs that we always associate with Linda and, believe me, there's no comparison. Frank might be sorry that he and Linda are no longer together.

hot_brdwy_diva Profile Photo
hot_brdwy_diva
#14re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 10/1/05 at 1:27am

I agree with everyone else she is even better in person! I cried during her concert, I was really moved. I went to her holiday concert and she was very emotional and open with the audience. She's so great, everyone should try and see her if they haven't. A truely great performer.

"You just have to do what your voice tells you to do." -Linda Eder

WildhornFanatic
#15re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 10/1/05 at 8:56am

Yes, she is way better live than on recordings.

Glebb Profile Photo
Glebb
#16re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 10/1/05 at 11:31am

Just purchased "Vienna" from iTunes.
Love it!
Wish to see her live soon.

" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."

Sir Percival Glyde
#17re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 10/1/05 at 1:39pm

the thought of this only makes me want to listen to garland at carnegie hall concert. why ride last years toyota when the classic and vintage rolls is still available for a spin?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#18re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 10/1/05 at 3:52pm

I have seen her live twice here in Denver. After Jekyl & Hyde left here on the way to Broadway, (Thankfully we got to see the entire show before they sliced it up for Broadway) she came back to do a "thank you" concert. She expressed her love for Denver and then sang he butt off! Her "Don't Rain on my Parade" live will give you chills. Her banter with the audience was much better the second time I saw her and she seemed much more comfortable onstage. So glad I got to see her do "Bring on the Men" before they took it out (And put it back in) of Jekyl.

Just give the world Love.

freelancer Profile Photo
freelancer
#19re: Linda Eder in Concert
Posted: 10/1/05 at 5:55pm

"Vienna" is one of my favorite songs of hers. Here's hoping I can save the money for tickets!

"I'm gonna jump straight up, kick a hole in the moon. Don't know exactly where I'm going, but I'm know I'm gonna get there soon." - Jerry Lukowski (Patrick Wilson) in "The Full Monty"

Videos