News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Lin-Manuel Kicks Butt

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#2Lin-Manuel Kicks Butt
Posted: 9/30/17 at 10:30pm

I honestly love him. His enthusiasm might be too much sometimes, but I really do admire him and his work and opinions. THAT is how you insult 45

Updated On: 9/30/17 at 10:30 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#3Lin-Manuel Kicks Butt
Posted: 9/30/17 at 10:43pm

KIM.Lin-Manuel Kicks Butt

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#4Lin-Manuel Kicks Butt
Posted: 9/30/17 at 11:06pm

I'm not a huge fan of LMM, but this was an awesome takedown this morning. The Dotard is really a vile, disgusting, human being. 

Broadway Concierge, Trump Voter, must be beside himself. 

Theater3232
#5Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 9/30/17 at 11:40pm

10,000 federal workers are now on the island.  Marines are helping, huge amounts of supplies delivered.  Even the Governor of Puerto Rico has thanked President Trump.  Who, by the way, will be flying in on Tuesday, to see what more can be done.

Maybe some people should go themselves instead of disrespecting others who are trying to help.  If you're making millions and millions on a Broadway musical, you can certainly afford to donate some of those millions to the relief effort to supplement what President Trump has been doing.

We're all in this together. 

Updated On: 9/30/17 at 11:40 PM

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#6Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 9/30/17 at 11:51pm

adamgreer said: "I'm not a huge fan of LMM, but this was an awesome takedown this morning. The Dotard is really a vile, disgusting, human being.

Broadway Concierge, Trump Voter, must be beside himself.
"

They've been quiet as Trump continues to **** things up over and over. They said they were choosing to stay out of politics on the board, but I think they are regretting their vote. Doubt we'll hear anything about his hero blasting Trump. 

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

A Director
#7Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 12:16am

Nice try Theater3232, but you fail.  Lin has been busy making appeals for donations to help.  As for your president, read this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/lost-weekend-how-trumps-time-at-his-golf-club-hurt-the-response-to-maria/2017/09/29/ce92ed0a-a522-11e7-8c37-e1d99ad6aa22_story.html?utm_term=.d0e8093ca324

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#8Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 12:31am

The cover of tomorrow's Daily News:

Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect

Rainah
#9Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 12:36am

Even I was shocked, both at the amount of honest, ferocious anger coming from someone in the public eye (Compared to the usual restrained, thoughtful critiques or jokes we get) and that it was coming from someone who is normally so sunny, positive, and generous. 

Made it very powerful in a lot of ways. Lin isn't screwing around. Every word rang with truth

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#10Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 3:43am

i am so proud of Lin-Manuel.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#11Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 4:14am

I am trying to imagine what Trump will tweet about Miranda tomorrow. Probably that Miranda is a no talent and Hamilton is extremely overrated! Trump tends to remanufacture the same words and ideas for insults and they tend to be at a grade school level. Anyway God Bless Lin! In essence Lin was saying enough of your crap.....I wish more people would be less polite as well....

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#12Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 7:31am

I can just imagine Trump's tweet: "No talent Lin-Manuel Miranda attacks me when we're getting the best ratings and approval ratings ever in PR!"

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#13Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 8:28am

He already called Hamiton over-rated when the Pence visti got a shout out at the curtain calls.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Theater3232
#15Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 9:26am

We all know who this playwright voted for and how active he was on her political campaign.  It's sad that the political attacks continue when so many people are trying to volunteer, give money to the Red Cross, etc.

mariel9 Profile Photo
mariel9
#16Lin-Manuel's Righteous Anger
Posted: 10/1/17 at 9:32am

It's amazing what #MAGA idiots are willing to defend. Trump waited days to waive the Jones Act (because people in shipping didn't want it waived) and then only for 10 days. The USNS Comfort didn't depart until yesterday. He launched a racist attack against Puerto Ricans from his 63rd golf course vacation because these Americans trapped on a destroyed island can't conjure food, water, & fuel out of thin air.

Also, you're nuts if you think the Mirandas haven't given money. All Lin seems to have done since Maria is fund raising & advocacy. Your president ****s on a good toilet, golfs, and rants about the ungrateful lady mayor who's wading through sewage-filled water to help her people. 

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#17Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 9:34am

>10,000 federal workers are now on the island.  Marines are helping, huge amounts of supplies delivered.  Even the Governor of Puerto Rico has thanked President Trump.  Who, by the way, will be flying in on Tuesday, to see what more can be done. Maybe some people should go themselves instead of disrespecting others who are trying to help.  If you're making millions and millions on a Broadway musical, you can certainly afford to donate some of those millions to the relief effort to supplement what President Trump has been doing. We're all in this together.<

Well, 10,000 workers to help 3.4 million people without electricity, water or food is inadequate. An administration that doesn't respond for days about the crisis is inadequate. An administration that leaves the antiquated Jones Act in place for several days, preventing necessary supplies from reaching Americans in need is inadequate. And then, a president, who blames these citizens for their plight (including the sizable debt he left them with when he defaulted on his golf course), and castigates the mayor of San Juan while she's on the ground in waste water, while he is tweeting from his luxury country club, is woefully inadequate.

Speaking of that artist who has made millions on a Broadway musical, he has led fundraising efforts, he has written about the devastation in the press, including his family members who have been directly affected by the storm, he is writing a song with all proceeds going to storm relief, and his anger at this administration's ineffectual leadership is entirely justified. It's clear that this administration values the lives of Americans in Houston and Miami on a different level than Americans in Puerto Rico, and it doesn't take much divining to know why that is.  

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#18Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 9:49am

adamgreer said: "Broadway Concierge, Trump Voter, must be beside himself."

You expect me to be all surprised and shaken up that Lin dislikes President Trump? Really? Come on, you'll have to do better than that Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#19Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 9:52am

Smaxie covered everything I wanted to say except for one:

if someone is pleading and begging for help due to the dire situation of their home land and their constituents' lives, the last thing you do is taunt, ridicule and attack them.  It's not only counterproductive, it lacks all sense of basic human decency, something we know that Trump lacks in spades.  

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#20Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 9:55am

Theater3232 said: "We all know who this playwright voted for and how active he was on her political campaign. It's sad that the political attacks continue when so many people are trying to volunteer, give money to the Red Cross, etc."

In America, we muiltitask. We can volunteer, give to the Red Cross, AND call out reprehensible behavior.  We're talented like that.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#21Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 9:58am

BroadwayConcierge said: "adamgreer said: "Broadway Concierge, Trump Voter, must be beside himself."

You expect me to be all surprised and shaken up that Lin dislikes President Trump? Really? Come on, you'll have to do better than that Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
"

I'm more interested in hearing you attempt to defend the Dotard's comments and inaction when it comes to his response to this humanitarian crisis that's affecting the lives of American citizens. 

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#22Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 10:19am

It's sad that the political attacks continue when so many people are trying to volunteer, give money to the Red Cross, etc.

When you've lived in the United States for more than 5 minutes, you get used to it.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 10/1/17 at 10:19 AM

Cat Guy Profile Photo
Cat Guy
#23Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 10:59am

And don't forget Lin's Tony acceptance speech.  Can you imagine the Thug-in-Chief saying anything as eloquent as this?

wolfwriter
#24Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 11:17am

The echo-chamber of NY theater is not only disheartening, it's frustrating and sad and makes me have to work that much harder to stay interested and connected to something I love.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#25Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 11:31am

>The echo-chamber of NY theater is not only disheartening, it's frustrating and sad and makes me have to work that much harder to stay interested and connected to something I love.<

Echo chamber? Funny, I would say LMM's reaction here is called being an empathetic human being, caring about fellow Americans in desperate need... and not just the ones who can line my pockets. So if this reaction makes you so frustrated and sad, I'd say find another interest. 

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#26Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
Posted: 10/1/17 at 11:39am

wolfwriter said: "The echo-chamber of NY theater is not only disheartening, it's frustrating and sad and makes me have to work that much harder to stay interested and connected to something I love."

I think our Tweeter in Chief is the one in an echo chamber. Playing golf with his buddies, tweeting out nasty things, firing people left and right, and going to huge campaign rallies in which he manages to offend everyone from NBA players to NFL players to NFL OWNERS. But hey, the crowd roared everytime I said something racist so I must be doing a great job right? 

Videos