News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway- Page 3

Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#50Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway
Posted: 8/13/13 at 9:06pm

Complete cast announced

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#51Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway
Posted: 8/14/13 at 11:03am

Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway

FYI the artwork on SHNSF's website has been changed to this. She looks...well, beautiful. Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#52Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway
Posted: 8/14/13 at 11:17am

This seems like it has so much potential. I hope it lives up to it.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

StickIt Profile Photo
StickIt
#53Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway
Posted: 8/14/13 at 2:30pm

Worth noting that tickets are onsale now for the San Fran tryout. I believe the code was given out via email and text to those signed up for alerts.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#54Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway
Posted: 8/14/13 at 3:03pm

It sure was! I have mine.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

StickIt Profile Photo
StickIt
#55Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway
Posted: 8/14/13 at 3:50pm

Got my tix as well. It seems pretty well sold at least for the dates I looked at. Not much left in the orch for most perfs. Glad I got mine first thing.

LizzieCurry
#56Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway
Posted: 8/14/13 at 3:55pm

I had to go for balcony, but I was surprised/impressed at the sales too. At least I'll be up front and the Curran's pretty small.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#57Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway
Posted: 8/14/13 at 5:30pm

I can't wait to read everyone's reviews of the try-out, I (sadly) can't make it out there and super happy to hear that it's selling so well.

SFFrontRow
#58Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway
Posted: 8/14/13 at 6:16pm

I signed up but dont think I got notified. Anyone got the link and or code to get tickets prior to general sale 8/16?

Thanks --

StickIt Profile Photo
StickIt
#59Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway
Posted: 8/15/13 at 2:54pm

Did you sign up for the emails or text message alerts? I got the code via text but not via email. But I dunno why that would be the case.

Does anyone know what songs are gonna be in the show?

LizzieCurry
#60Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway
Posted: 8/15/13 at 2:57pm

I got it via email and the code was built into the click-through link. They also posted the code to their FB page.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#61Jessie Mueller to Star in BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL; Show Now to Start Previews Fall 2013 at Sondheim Theatre on Broadway
Posted: 8/16/13 at 11:58am

They just put up an awesome interview with Jessie and some clips from the photoshoot on YouTube. :)

Check it out

Updated On: 8/16/13 at 11:58 AM

gchris11
#62Or as we call it KELLY2's NEW FAVORITE SHOW
Posted: 8/16/13 at 12:11pm

Looking forward to this...

CukorLover Profile Photo
CukorLover
#63Or as we call it KELLY2's NEW FAVORITE SHOW
Posted: 8/16/13 at 11:00pm

I love me some Carole King myself, but considering that this show cost 14 Million to bring in, it's going to have to be GREAT !

BobNC Profile Photo
BobNC
#64Or as we call it KELLY2's NEW FAVORITE SHOW
Posted: 8/17/13 at 10:07am

CukorLover- Where did you read it cost $14m to bring in? Do you know how much "Motown" cost to bring in? Just curious as to how the costs differ.

CukorLover Profile Photo
CukorLover
#65Or as we call it KELLY2's NEW FAVORITE SHOW
Posted: 8/18/13 at 9:01am

Well , it's close to an estimated budget of $14 Million because it's opening in San Francisco before heading to Broadway. Yes, alot for a small show like this, but most of it comes from the expense of the move from San Fran-NYC. The capitalization for San Francisco alone, is close to $9 million with the move to Broadway costing an additional $4 million or so.

StickIt Profile Photo
StickIt
#66Or as we call it KELLY2's NEW FAVORITE SHOW
Posted: 8/19/13 at 2:22pm

The numbers I heard for their capitalization in San Fran were quite different than those posted on this thread.

But I came here to share the latest video posted on their Facebook of Jessie and the cast singing "I Feel the Earth Move". Can't wait to see it! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151759398318503

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#67Or as we call it KELLY2's NEW FAVORITE SHOW
Posted: 8/19/13 at 2:57pm

I'm looking forward to seeing this, but did that really sound good to anyone? I don't know why rough rehearsal footage is ever posted.

Liza's Headband
#68Or as we call it KELLY2's NEW FAVORITE SHOW
Posted: 8/19/13 at 3:31pm

I'm assuming they haven't had time to do a wig for Jessie yet, right?

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#69Or as we call it KELLY2's NEW FAVORITE SHOW
Posted: 8/19/13 at 3:34pm

Really? I thought the blend sounded really nice for a first week of rehearsal. They look like they're having a blast too. As far as a wig...I'd imagine too soon but I'm just guessing.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#70Or as we call it KELLY2's NEW FAVORITE SHOW
Posted: 8/19/13 at 3:51pm

I couldn't really hear Jessie.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#71Or as we call it KELLY2's NEW FAVORITE SHOW
Posted: 8/19/13 at 3:58pm

Why would she have her wig on during a music rehearsal?

EDIT: Oh yeah that makes more sense, sorry. Updated On: 8/19/13 at 03:58 PM

Liza's Headband
#72Or as we call it KELLY2's NEW FAVORITE SHOW
Posted: 8/19/13 at 4:01pm

I'm referring to the current artwork on various websites. She looks nothing like Carole. Don't get me wrong, I adore Jessie. But she needs the hair.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#73Or as we call it KELLY2's NEW FAVORITE SHOW
Posted: 8/19/13 at 4:09pm

Oh I agree completely. I feel like the artwork will eventually change and have her in a more Carole wig and outfit. If you look at old photos of Carole, you can definitely see the similarities in their faces but it isn't really quite enough without the "costume". What's out there now I think is just preliminary out of town stuff.

Updated On: 8/19/13 at 04:09 PM

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#74Or as we call it KELLY2's NEW FAVORITE SHOW
Posted: 8/20/13 at 9:48am

One of the odder things about the show to me is that they've cast Anika Larsen (who I love, for the record) to play opposite Mueller as Cynthia Weil. If anything, Larsen is the one who looks and sounds eerily like Carole King.

I'm not saying Mueller won't be great, since I'm sure she absolutely will be, but it just seems to be a risky choice to open the door to comparison by having someone arguably more appropriate in a different role.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 8/20/13 at 09:48 AM

Videos