News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?- Page 3

How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?

ArtMan
#50How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/15/18 at 3:06pm

When I rushed Bonnie & Clyde years ago, I met two girls who had seen the show multiple times.  They told me, often twice in the same week.  They spoke about Laura and Jeremy like they were the best of friends.  After the show, at stagedoor, I ended up next to them again.  When I was making small talk with Laura and Jeremy, they were both visibly upset with me.  I assumed because I was taking away from '"their time".  Again, if you have the time and money, see a show as many times as you want.  Thinking you are the best of friends with the actors, is another issue all together.

Updated On: 7/15/18 at 03:06 PM

vanbrig Profile Photo
vanbrig
#51How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/15/18 at 3:55pm

If you think you are friends with an actor, but the only time you ever interact with them is at the stage door or in another place where they are in their general job capacity (twitter, etc.), then they are not your friend. Same goes for singers, authors, game developers, or any other professional (I know someone who swears she's Taylor Swift's friend because she met her after a concert once. She likes to post about how happy she is for her "best friend's success" and it's all very weird). 

Quite a while back, I met an actor after winning some sort of backstage meet and greet thing. He gave me a tour and we chatted about the show over drinks. Was it fun? Yes. Did I meet a cool new person? You bet. Are we friends now? Nope.

Updated On: 7/15/18 at 03:55 PM

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#52How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/15/18 at 4:54pm

I've said this before, but it genuinely is possible to become friends with an actor. However, it's never something that you should try to make happen, or force. If it ever happens, great! If not, then congratulations, you're like the majority of show fandoms.

Also, for those who brag about being "friends" with an actor, a true friendship isn't something you should ever have to brag about. Just saying...

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#53How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/15/18 at 4:58pm

Well, let's not forget that Eve Harrington seemed to be rushing all of Margo Channing's performances... If not, then we never would've had that brilliant movie!

...or that fun musical on Broadway about 20 years later!

Updated On: 7/15/18 at 04:58 PM

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#54How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/15/18 at 5:38pm

I really don't care, it is none of my business and they are not hurting anybody.

robskynyc
#55How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/15/18 at 7:05pm

ClumsyDude15 said: "^But that is completely the opposite of the person this thread is about. The person the OP is trying to shame due to petty jealousy has done absolutely nothing worthy of being deemed insane. Has she seen the show many times? Yes. Does she consider herself friends with the cast? No. The gifts she has given them were little things that were congratulations on going on in a role or on the Tony nominations and weren't that big of a deal. I will never understand why people feel the need to judge people they don't know and toss around terms to generalize everyone as if they're all the same."

I wasn’t generalizing boo. I just said it gave me flashbacks to that crazy girl and commented how that one girl/situation was scary. No one on here has said she’s shown this crazy behavior and she genuinely respects/loves the show. I can’t believe I’m having to explain myself LOL Why does everyone on these boards always jump off the deep end?!

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#56How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/15/18 at 7:07pm

As long as they are respectful to the cast, crew and fellow patrons, people can watch the same show 8 times a week, do it and have a ball.  I wouldn't do that, but whatever makes you happy.

The exceptions are the people who get obsessed with a certain actor or certain companies like that strange stalker at SpongeBob who had friends chase Ethan Slater down the street, tried to stream the show live, called cast members names on social media, etc.  She clearly was not well and clearly her parents were not aware of her activities.  

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#57How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/15/18 at 7:20pm

I saw Mean Girls and thought the script was great but the music and lyrics were very prosaic. However it was a musical that clearly appeals to a lot of people, young and old, and I think it's great that it's gotten such a big fanbase. It doesn't sound like this habitual attender is breaking any rules, disrespectful, or creepy. Probably just a young college kid who can't afford to see shows full price.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#58How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/15/18 at 8:28pm

I don't feel any way about them? Except to think they are missing so many other good shows...

VintageSnarker
#59How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/15/18 at 8:34pm

I mean I kind of get where the OP is coming from. You assume rush is a more affordable option for people who really couldn't see the show without it, not so people can see the same show multiple times. The number of rush tickets is a finite amount. But she is waiting at 5am and she has only gotten like 20 tickets so it doesn't really seem like some massive scam. Is this the intended use of the program? Probably not. If there are 20 tickets that day and you're 21st in line, does it really hurt you more that she gets one of the tickets and not someone else who could have also shown up before you? Eh, not really.

revengeparty
#60How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/16/18 at 9:27am

Yeah hi I'm "the girl." It's so funny to me that you're so jealous of me that you went out of you way to make an entire thread to spread lies about me. I'll go through and point out every lie. (This is a bulleted list but when I posted it the text showed up as bold. Oh well.)

• I haven't seen the show "over twenty times."
  • I do not rush "at least once a week." You can only rush once a week. I alternate Wednesday rush with a friend, who has seen the show almost as many times as I have. I wake up obscenely early and wait outside for hours, just like everybody else in the rush line. If other people want a rush ticket, they have to do the same.
  • I have won the lottery ONCE. It was on this past Saturday, and I gave my second ticket to a kid I had just met so he could also see the show.
  • I do my best to see understudies when they go on, because that is exciting and fun for me. It's important to me to support understudies.
  • I am certainly under no delusion that I'm friends with the cast. I always make sure to emphasize that while I am on friendly terms with some, I don't believe that we are actually friends. I do not regularly send them gifts. I have never in my life claimed to be friends with the cast. 
  • I have sent one (1) gift. It was to Nikhil for his principal debut, because he is always so kind to me. It wasn't even an Edible Arrangement? Not sure where you got that idea. 
  • I do not brag about how many times I've seen the show or how familiar I am with it. I'm actually uncomfortable telling people how many times I've seen the show because I fear responses like this. I answer questions if people ask.
  • You think my behavior is creepy? Imagine finding an entire thread dedicated to you by a complete stranger who seems to think they know everything about you.

I work two jobs so I can afford to see shows. Mean Girls makes me really happy. I've met a lot of friends though it, and I'm really grateful that I'm able to see it.  Why are you so hell-bent on shaming people for what makes them happy? You're right that there's nothing that can be done about this. Stay mad.

Updated On: 7/16/18 at 09:27 AM

b-weeds
#61How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/16/18 at 10:03am

This thread is incredibly inappropriate and should be taken down. It is not a general discussion about people who rush the same show, it is an attack on a specific person who has done literally nothing wrong. I may be setting myself up here, but I see the show every week with the person this thread is about. We take turns rushing (so NO you don’t see her in the rush line Every Week) and arrive extremely early to get tickets. How can you possibly think just because someone else hasn’t seen the show before that they’re more deserving of tickets? Especially if they just rolled out of bed at 9:30am and expected to walk up and get tickets when some people have literally been waiting 8 hours. If you want tickets, get there early, end of discussion.

“She *HAS* to see every understudy”?? When you’ve seen a show more than once we all know it’s fun to see understudies and get a fresh take on things, do not act superior.

As for her “thinking she’s friends with the cast”? You will not find a person more respectful of the cast’s privacy. She shuts down every question she is asked about the cast’s personal lives (and this fandom has no problem using her as their own personal FAQ service when she literally just wants to be left alone). I have only known her to send ONE gift to a cast member on the day of his principal debut, and this cast member goes out of his way to speak with her every week at the stagedoor so it was not at all inappropriate for her to send a small gift.

“She’s missing out on a lot of other great shows.” She’s taken me to at least 3 other shows in the last month alone, and has pretty much seen everything. Why does this matter to you.

Delete this thread and mind your own business.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#62How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/16/18 at 10:19am

... I thought the OP did a decent job at retaining your anonymity, but hey, up to you if you out yourself.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

b-weeds
#63How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/16/18 at 10:34am

Kad said: "... I thought the OP did a decent job at retaining your anonymity, but hey, up to you if you out yourself."

Anyone who likes Mean Girls and has a tumblr knows who this thread is about. A random person she met once at the theater even knows who this thread was about. 

revengeparty
#64How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/16/18 at 10:38am

Kad said: "... I thought the OP did a decent job at retaining your anonymity, but hey, up to you if you out yourself."

When did I say anything about anonymity? However, the fact that multiple people on this thread know exactly who it's about (and I have people sending this thread to me because they can tell it's about me) is very telling. I'm concerned that a complete stranger on the Internet is spreading blatant lies about me, whether they included my personal information or not. 

Updated On: 7/16/18 at 10:38 AM

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#65How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/16/18 at 10:43am

I feel the same way I feel about people who see movies multiple times. In short, I really don't care. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#67How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/16/18 at 11:12am

SomethingPeculiar said: "Not to change the subject......

a "rush" that's available in advance at the theatre and online, so it's not really a rush, just an age-restricted discount code?
"

Considering the average age of a Broadway audience is 44, that's.. a good way to fill a house.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#68How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/16/18 at 11:29am

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get why this is even a question..It's not like she's hurting anyone. It's her money, isn't it? lol

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#69How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/16/18 at 11:37am

Yep. And I'm not sure this thread went the way OP had wished...

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#70How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/16/18 at 11:40am

This seems like some fandom spat that got carried over from Tumblr.

revengeparty
#71How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/16/18 at 11:45am

Kad said: "This seems like some fandom spat that got carried over from Tumblr."

Yeah honestly what it sounds like to me is someone who follows me on Tumblr who couldn't contain their jealousy and decided to post it here for validation where they thought I wouldn't see it.

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#72How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/16/18 at 11:52am

revengeparty said: "Kad said: "This seems like some fandom spat that got carried over from Tumblr."

Yeah honestly what it sounds like to me is someone who follows me on Tumblr who couldn't contain their jealousy and decided to post it here for validation where they thought I wouldn't see it.
"

This thread probably isn’t going the way the OP wanted it, because some people here are older and more reasonable, I actually respect you. It’s dedication and it just means that you have drive, and are passionate for the things you love. This will probably help you later in life. There is absolutely nothing wrong here, because your behavior is very polite and you are breaking no rules. Shame on the OP for shaming you on an anonymous forum and making up things. The mods need to remove or lock this thread.

lilac3
#73How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/16/18 at 11:55am

You know what, good for you for working hard and doing what you enjoy.

ThirstyThersites
#74How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
Posted: 7/16/18 at 11:59am

I have my own life to be concerned about so I can't say I give it a lot of thought. 

Videos