News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Here's to 2018 - and a special thank you!

Here's to 2018 - and a special thank you!

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#1Here's to 2018 - and a special thank you!
Posted: 1/1/18 at 11:50am

I joined this forum (after lurking) this past summer, and everyone here deserves a thank you for making me feel so welcome, and sharing your opinions and knowledge on so many different productions, actors, producers, etc. Wow!

A very special thank you to those who encouraged me to see SUNSET BOULEVARD (loved every second), GREAT COMET (ditto) and especially those of you who told me simply to "Buy a ticket, and enjoy! She's fantastic!" when I questioned going to see Donna Murphy in "HELLO DOLLY".  One of those performances I will remember for the rest of my life, and I fell in love with Murphy (was not familiar with her at all). She is one I will be running to see in future musicals! 

One of the most intriguing threads on this forum this year was the discussion of the Oak/Patinkin debacle, as I had tickets to see the show that following weekend. The exchange of opinions, facts, headlines, etc. made for a lively conversation.

I must say one of the responses which made me literally laugh out loud (and spray my laptop with coffee) was way back in early summer when a young student asked for help in 'preparing' for her upcoming audition of  'Wednesday Addams' for an upcoming school production of 'The Addams Family' months away. AdamGreer responded "Do you really need to prepare for 4 months? It's Wednesday Addams, not Madame Rose for goodness sake. "  Thank You, AdamGreer for the best laugh of 2017 on this forum! 

I don't get to NY as often as I once did, and the advice I got here was priceless - so I will be counting on you guys in the future. Thank You all for 2017 and looking forward to 2018. 

Updated On: 1/1/18 at 11:50 AM

Dfgtoronto
#2Here's to 2018 - and a special thank you!
Posted: 1/1/18 at 11:31pm

Thanks for the kind words and good wishes! Great to have you aboard with such positive energy! I hope the coming year brings many more meaningful and rewarding theater experiences. Happy New Year!

Videos