News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Hamilton Box Seats

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#150Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 7/8/16 at 4:43pm

Thanks, Esgred.

She wouldn't let me in so I told her I was looking for Premium seats.  That still got me stonewalled at the ticket window, but at least I got in.

saisai
#151Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 7/8/16 at 6:22pm

I was at the box office the monday after the Tony award show.   About 10 min before the box office opened,  someone came out and said there were only single premium seats left.   I didn't stick around to find out how truthful that statement was. 

Esgred
#152Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 10/5/16 at 3:13pm

saisai said: "I thought that maybe the boxes would be included in the increased lottery seats from Feb 2016 onward."

The lottery seats are still only the 21 seats in the front row.  I think that number may increase by Feb. 2017. I don't remember them saying that the added lottery seats will be in the boxes.

Edit: "... the number of...lottery seats (located in the first two rows) will be raised to 46 per show..."  http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/theater/2016/06/09/hamilton-puts-anti-scalping-plan-action/85640002/

Updated On: 10/5/16 at 03:13 PM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#153Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 10/5/16 at 3:22pm

Well, I don't know what happened to the box seats then. I was in the neighborhood on Saturday and stopped by the Rodgers to ask. I was told that everything was sold out except for premium seats. I know some people have said that the box seats are sold on Ticketmaster, but I have not found that to be the case.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#154Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 10/5/16 at 4:00pm

It was never said (to the best of my memory) that the box seats would go to the lottery, either.

Mac, I'm not sure what your confusion is: they box seats were sold to regular patrons, I'm assuming.  They have never been available on line, only at the box office.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#155Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 10/5/16 at 6:19pm

Dramamama, that's what a person would think. But I went to the box office months ago, bright and early in the morning, the first day after the previous block of tickets went on sale (they had gone on sale on Ticketmaster right after the Tony Awards). There was a long line of people at the Rodgers. But the man in charge said that the only tickets available were premium seats. Seems to me the box seats should have been available too.

Esgred
#156Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 10/5/16 at 7:25pm

macnyc said: "Well, I don't know what happened to the box seats then. I was in the neighborhood on Saturday and stopped by the Rodgers to ask. I was told that everything was sold out except for premium seats. I know some people have said that the box seats are sold on Ticketmaster, but I have not found that to be the case."

The new block went on sale at the box office in September (I don't know if the box seats went on sale on the 19th or the 26th.  I would not be surprised if the box seats were sold out in the first or second day that they went on sale.  So, Oct. 1st would be too late, IMO.

I have seen box seats available for resale on all of the following websites: SeatGeek, StubHub, and VividSeats.  Ticketmaster has also had resales of box seats, but the service fees are outrageous!  (Around 17.7% is charged.) 

"

Videos