News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Hamilton Box Seats

Esgred
#75Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/11/16 at 1:46am

lite2shine said: "I sat at Box D seat 3 which I think the best box seat. I enjoyed watching the show in 3D. This was my third time seeing the show and the acting was still tight. Btw I was told at the box office that the box seats are sold out for the entire run (I assume for the duration they sell the tickets)!!"

This information is entirely false, erroneous, incorrect, etc.!!!  There are box seats available for December 2016 and January 2017.

This false information ruined my chances of getting the box seats that I wanted (my first choice: box D).  If not for this incorrect information, I would have gone to the box office on February 28th!

I went to the box office today (3/10), and was told that there were box seats available - singles and in pairs.  I was only interested in pairs.  One of the dates that I was given was for Dec. 21st in box C.  They also had seats in boxes E & F in pairs of seats.

The prices have increased.  The lower boxes are $239, and the upper ones are $199. 

A & B and C & D are the lower boxes.  C is in front of D on stage left, and A is in front of B on stage right.  Box C was my second choice.

I should have bought the box C seats for Dec. 21st today, as that was my second choice, but with the price being $72 more than I expected and it was not my money that I was spending, I felt that I had to call my mother.  Sadly, while I was on the phone with my mother, the employee sold the tickets that I wanted to someone else (I don't blame him).

So, I ended up with a pair of seats in box A (which was my fourth choice)...  Hamilton Box Seats

Don't hold me to this, but I think that the upper boxes E (stage right?) and G (stage left?) may be the worst boxes.  The box office employees are completely unhelpful in this regard as they don't have a drawing or chart of where the boxes are, and don't have the information memorized (they both had to ask someone higher up in the food chain).  But, the employees were very pleasant.

Hamilton Box Seats

Updated On: 3/11/16 at 01:46 AM

Esgred
#76Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/11/16 at 3:30am

lite2shine doesn't even reply to a private message from me.

Esgred said: Do you mean that these regular price, partial view tickets that are available for late December and January are NOT box seats?

lite2shine said: "Correct. I didn't ask which partial seats are available but from ppl who were buying at that time, I guess rear orchestra side seats."

Updated On: 4/5/16 at 03:30 AM

Esgred
#77Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/11/16 at 3:43am

Margo319 said: "My view from Box H seat 3.  Missed a few things but I would skip the front boxes, way too severe."Hamilton Box Seats

By "front boxes", do you mean upper front boxes E and G?  Thanks!  :)

Esgred
#78Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/11/16 at 3:55am

Michael19 said: "I'm surprised no one has spoken about the upper boxes.....they are really very bad and certainly shouldn't be sold at top (non premium price).   It's nice that so many people are excited about getting box seats for Hamilton, but I fear they will be seriously disappointed once they see how poor the visibility is from upper box seats."

Apparently, they "heard" you and/or others, and are now selling the lower boxes for $30 more than the lower boxes.

Esgred
#79Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/11/16 at 4:00am

lite2shine said: "From what I remember and from the theatre images, these box seats are two tiers: lower and upper. On the ticket, how does it say? Does it say Lower Box A, Box B, etc.? Thanks."

Example: "LOW BOX A LEFT" (box A)

Seats: 1, 2, or 3 (with seat 1 being the best seat, AFAIK)

Here's my question: I finally looked at the seat numbers on my tickets, and (sadly) I forgot to ask about getting seat 1 before I bought them.  I got seats 2 & 3.  Will a tall person sitting in seat 1 obstruct the view of a short person sitting in seat 2 or 3?

Thank you!  :)

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#80Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/11/16 at 4:40am

Esgred said: "lite2shine said: "From what I remember and from the theatre images, these box seats are two tiers: lower and upper. On the ticket, how does it say? Does it say Lower Box A, Box B, etc.? Thanks."

Example: "LOW BOX A LEFT" (box A)

Seats: 1, 2, or 3 (with seat 1 being the best seat, AFAIK)

Here's my question: I finally looked at the seat numbers on my tickets, and (sadly) I forgot to ask about getting seat 1 before I bought them.  I got seats 2 & 3.  Will a tall person sitting in seat 1 obstruct the view of a short person sitting in seat 2 or 3?

Thank you!  :)

"

Since you aren't looking straight ahead, but to the side, that won't be a problem. Also, the seats in boxes are not (usually) bolted down, so you can actually shift them a little.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

shanphelia Profile Photo
shanphelia
#81Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/25/16 at 2:23pm

A few months back, my friend and I had box A, seats 2 and 3. The seats are indeed not bolted down, so you can shift around a bit, and so we (plus our new box seat friend) all arranged our seats in best way to maximize viewing.  You do miss some bits of the staging, BUT I will say you are very, very close to the stage, and we had some great cast-audience interaction moments at times. When we went to stagedoor after the show, Leslie Odom Jr recognized us from the boxes and commented on playing to us during one scene, so that was a nice bonus :)

Updated On: 3/25/16 at 02:23 PM

Esgred
#82Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/25/16 at 2:30pm

shanphelia said: "A few months back, my friend and I had box A, seats 2 and 3. The seats are indeed not bolted down, so you can shift around a bit, and so we (plus our new box seat friend) all arranged our seats in best way to maximize viewing.  You do miss some bits of the staging, BUT I will say you are very, very close to the stage, and we had some great cast-audience interaction moments at times. When we went to stagedoor after the show, Leslie Odom Jr recognized us from the boxes and commented on playing to us during one scene, so that was a nice bonus :)"

Thank you, dramamama611 and shanphelia!  :)

On an unrelated note (for people who don't yet have tickets):  If someone (anyone!) tells you that there are no more box seats available - ignore this information!  Go to the box office yourself, and ask the employees if they have box seats for sale for any days.

Updated On: 3/25/16 at 02:30 PM

mrjoanofarc
#83Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/27/16 at 11:55pm

Esgred said: "Go to the box office yourself, and ask the employees if they have box seats for sale for any days."

Thank you!!!! You give me hope. I live in Texas but love to visit NYC for vacation, and hope to make a Hamilton performance in early June. I'm just hoping Lin-Manuel Miranda is still lead at that point. Even if he's not, it'll be a great show. I wonder if prices will go down once Miranda leaves?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#84Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/28/16 at 7:53am

No, they likely will not.  HE is not really the draw as an actor.  The best you can hope for is that the prices don't continue to rise.

If you are waiting to get tickets IN June, for a performance that week, do not expect that to happen.  I got my box seats for July in November....I can't imagine there are any still available for this summer.  (of course, it's POSSIBLE.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#85Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/28/16 at 12:35pm

To spell out what dramamama said:  To get the box seats you need to go to the box office and ask about availability.  You will NOT be getting tickets for today, tomorrow, or this week.  You MAY be able to get tickets for next month or 3 months from now or "late fall".

We went to the box office in December and wanted box seats for any Saturday matinee or evening performance and were happy with tickets this coming September.  Had we been willing to go to a Wednesday matinee we could have had our choice of dates in the spring or summer.

shanphelia Profile Photo
shanphelia
#86Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/28/16 at 5:30pm

Wee Thomas2 said: "To spell out what dramamama said:  To get the box seats you need to go to the box office and ask about availability.  You will NOT be getting tickets for today, tomorrow, or this week.  You MAY be able to get tickets for next month or 3 months from now or "late fall"

Just a quick follow-up-- I went to the box office last week and asked about partial view seats (including box seats), and was able to buy one for the day after Christmas, which was the earliest available.

That said, I have in past lucked in to a partial view (my box seats I discussed above) with much less notice, but these few "lucky" spots may have dried up.  It's always worth it to stop by the box office and ask. You never know!

Updated On: 3/28/16 at 05:30 PM

Esgred
#87Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/29/16 at 6:32pm

mrjoanofarc said: "Esgred said: "Go to the box office yourself, and ask the employees if they have box seats for sale for any days."

Thank you!!!! You give me hope. I live in Texas but love to visit NYC for vacation, and hope to make a Hamilton performance in early June. I'm just hoping Lin-Manuel Miranda is still lead at that point. Even if he's not, it'll be a great show. I wonder if prices will go down once Miranda leaves?
"

I meant if you live in NYC go to the box office now to buy tickets for January 2017.

Miranda leaves in June and the rest of the cast is expected to leave then or at the latest by Labor Day.  Prices continue to rise.  The last block of tickets that were sold on-line were for November 2016 - January 2017 (when none of the original cast is expected to still be in Hamilton).

I believe the cheapest that you can see Hamilton now is $167 and up (cancellation line) or $199 (box office for partial view seats).  The first people to see Hamilton when it opened on Broadway who paid the least amount of money, paid somewhere around $77, IIRC.

Updated On: 3/29/16 at 06:32 PM

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#88Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/29/16 at 6:59pm

The first people to see Hamilton when it opened on Broadway who paid the least amount of money, paid somewhere around $77, IIRC.

Barring $10 lotto / $40 standing room, the cheapest ticket when Hamilton first opened on Broadway was $57 rear mezz. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#89Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/29/16 at 7:12pm

I paid $142 for my Hamilton orchestra seats. I saw it back in July. 

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#90Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 3/29/16 at 7:33pm

Anakela said: "The first people to see Hamilton when it opened on Broadway who paid the least amount of money, paid somewhere around $77, IIRC.

Barring $10 lotto / $40 standing room, the cheapest ticket when Hamilton first opened on Broadway was $57 rear mezz.
"

And the high end was $277. I sat 3rd row center in August with the ticket I had bought in May, thinking at the time that was the most I had ever paid for a Broadway show. Now that seems so cheap!!

Sir lurks-a-lot
#91Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/3/16 at 8:11pm

Thanks to this forum, I got two box seats for late Sept for myself and my Hamilton obsessed 13 year old son. The guy at the box office couldn't have been nicer.... I wanted to thank everyone here for posting as I would otherwise never have known to go to the box office directly...I assumed you had to be very rich or very willing to camp out on the sidewalk or very very lucky to get any tickets at all, and was utterly thrilled to come away with these! At 199$ each, they're certainly not cheap, but what can you do? Totally excited to see the show. 

Esgred
#92Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/4/16 at 3:56pm

Sir lurks-a-lot said: "Thanks to this forum, I got two box seats for late Sept for myself and my Hamilton obsessed 13 year old son. The guy at the box office couldn't have been nicer...."

For September 2016?  If so, WOW!  I was (by a box office employee) told that the earliest they had box seats was December 2016.

Which upper box will you be in?

Sir lurks-a-lot
#93Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/5/16 at 10:10am

That's what I was expecting to hear, too...We are in box C, seats 1 and 2, on a Wednesday matinee (and yes, Sept 2016!) Maybe the fact that I said I was completely flexible, could attend any show, any date? I should have asked if there were other partial view seats available, just to have info to pass along, but I was so thrilled to score tickets that I forgot. Anyway, we were issued paper tix with a big red "partial view" stamp on them. I was flabbergasted that it was so (relatively) easy. $398 is a huge amount to spend, for me, but I'm determined not to fret about the money. My son is so excited (this is both b-day and Xmas for him, and he's fine w/ that) and so am I. 

Barring the lottery or a time machine, there's really no other way we could afford to see this show. And I wouldn't have known about the box seats if it weren't for this forum, so thank you again to everyone who posts here. 

Updated On: 4/5/16 at 10:10 AM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#94Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/5/16 at 10:28am

C is a lower box, so it should be pretty good! I will be in Box B in May. 

Sir lurks-a-lot
#95Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/5/16 at 11:05am

That was another surprise--I thought lower boxes would be at least $239. It really did feel like an amazing stroke of good fortune. And after having read this forum, I knew that "C" was a good place to sit! 

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#96Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/5/16 at 11:13am

Sir lurks-a-lot said: "That was another surprise--I thought lower boxes would be at least $239. It really did feel like an amazing stroke of good fortune. And after having read this forum, I knew that "C" was a good place to sit! "

Yes, Box C is wonderful. It's where I sat for Javi's first Bway show (aka when the President came to see it) and it's a great view.

Hamilton Box Seats

Sir lurks-a-lot
#97Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/5/16 at 11:19am

Oh, wow. You have no idea how happy this picture makes me. Thank you!!!

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#98Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/5/16 at 4:11pm

Sir lurks-a-lot said: "Oh, wow. You have no idea how happy this picture makes me. Thank you!!!"

Actually, sorry, I just looked back and that seat was in Box D. However, Box C is still good. :)

Esgred
#99Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/5/16 at 4:26pm

Sir lurks-a-lot said: "That was another surprise--I thought lower boxes would be at least $239. It really did feel like an amazing stroke of good fortune. And after having read this forum, I knew that "C" was a good place to sit!"

I am in a huge rage right now (FURIOUS!)  Not, with you, but with the box office staff!  I was told that the soonest they had box seats available was December!  I told them that I was willing to get two box seats that weren't in the same box too.  Also, they charged me $239 and you got yours for less!  I wanted box D or box C.  I am going to have to go there and complain.

Videos