News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Hamilton Box Seats

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#50Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/7/15 at 4:37am

A Saturday?  Your chances just went down.  A friend got box seats in Feb just about two weeks ago (Sunday night performances), and I got mine for July about 5 weeks ago.   It was the first date I tried.  ( I'm a teacher, so the whole summer is available.)

Good luck.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Michael19
#51Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/7/15 at 9:19pm

It doesn't appear that anyone has reported on visibility from the upper boxes..I posted earlier that they were not at all good....If you want to see the stage, you will have to lean over or stand....The lower boxes are a good option if you can get them, but I really would avoid the upper boxes unless you totally desperate and don't mind leaning over and standing in order to see the stage. 

maxkko Profile Photo
maxkko
#52Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/7/15 at 10:30pm

They are all sold out apparently. I find it hard to believe though as people got them for December last month... Does anyone have any advice?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#53Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/7/15 at 10:35pm

maxkko said: "They are all sold out apparently. I find it hard to believe though as people got them for December last month... Does anyone have any advice?"

Someone in October in this thread said the box office told them they were sold out through August, so not sure why that would be hard to believe...

dramamama611
#54Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/7/15 at 10:59pm

Sorry to hear that, Maxx.  

But as I said, both a friend and I, a few weeks apart and in Nov. got box seats for Feb and July....so that poster had incorrect info.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Reillyhickey Profile Photo
Reillyhickey
#55Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/7/15 at 11:34pm

I went to the box office earlier today and asked for box seats in any of the summer months. The guy was very skeptical but ended up finding me two for Box F on May 29. Hopefully the view isn't too bad. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#56Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/7/15 at 11:36pm

The success rate seems to hinge on "when can you put me in a box?" moreso than "I want to go on this date."

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#57Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/8/15 at 12:00am

For whatever it's worth, I went last Sunday and bought one ticket for a Tuesday in early February. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#58Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/8/15 at 1:34pm

Just back from Hamilton and I sat in upper box G seat 1 and my friend was in upper box H seat 1. Both are on the right hand side.  I took photos from both boxes so eventually I will have to figure out how to post those somewhere.  From G (closer box), I had to do a lot of leaning over and resting my arms and elbows on the railing if I didn't want to be sitting back in my chair and peering through the rails.  The leg room was great, and the chairs move around so you can get as close as you can within the box.  I had a great view, but could obviously not see everything happening on the extreme right.  From the upper box, I could see the tops of heads and the rotating stage, which was weird for me since I almost always sit in orchestra seats.  I LOVED the show, but felt a bit far removed from the action.  I felt like I was the only one clapping or laughing since there were just two others next to me.  By the way, Seat 1 in the right boxes is better than either seats 2 or 3, in my opinion.  

That said, it was an absolutely wonderful way to see the show with the original cast without breaking the bank, and I would do it again if that was the only way to afford it and I accepted going in that it would indeed be a partial view.  My friend, going in completely blind to anything Hamilton related, loved the show from her seat in H.  Would have loved to have had the lower boxes, but having asked my only NY friend to go the box office in October, getting two seats for one of only two possible dates in December was a miracle.  I booked these travel dates 10 months ago, so they were set in stone.  People we spoke with in NY did a double take when we would mention we had seen the show at all.  They all wondered how in the world we got tickets!

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#59Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/8/15 at 2:57pm

NYfanfromCA said: "Just back from Hamilton and I sat in upper box G seat 1 and my friend was in upper box H seat 1. Both are on the right hand side.  I took photos from both boxes so eventually I will have to figure out how to post those somewhere.  

"

I'm glad you enjoyed the show! It would be great if you can upload the view from your seat at here: 

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Richard+Rodgers+Theatre/

There are already a couple of Box seats pictures, yahoo!

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#60Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/8/15 at 3:06pm

My seat is orchestra E24 and according to that site, the whole row is considered partial view and it seems like where my seat is, the lights will be blocking most of my view... I am not a bit scared and annoyed (since I paid almost $200 for my ticket..).

dramamama611
#61Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/8/15 at 3:15pm

haterobics said: "The success rate seems to hinge on "when can you put me in a box?" moreso than "I want to go on this date."

"

When I got mine (for July) last month, I went in with that attitude....do you have ANY box seats in the summer.  The box office worker told me to  pick a date and he'd see....so I just randomly said 7/20 (it didn't really matter as I could make anything work.) and boom...two tix in box B.

maxkko Profile Photo
maxkko
#62Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/9/15 at 12:07pm

I ended up getting a partial view seat for July the 7th. It's row C seat 20. Has anyone sat here before? Also I think the OBC should still be there as (I think) they all have one year contracts.

Esgred
#63Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 1/11/16 at 7:21pm

mikem said: "Is there a preference in getting audience right box seats vs audience left box seats?  I know that the stage will be cut off in the box seats, and I'm wondering whether you miss more for one vs the other."

>> I sat in the house right box when I saw the show and I didn't miss much, maybe Burr giving Lafayette's intro for "Guns and Ships". I have house left box seats during Thanksgiving weekend and I feel like with the stairs being on that side, I'll miss a few things there. I'll let you know afterwards.

Hi!  Thanksgiving weekend has come and gone, so I'm curious as to what you thought of the view of the boxes on one side vs. the view from the boxes on the other.

Thank you.  :)

Updated On: 1/11/16 at 07:21 PM

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#64Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 1/12/16 at 12:10pm

Esgred said: "mikem said: "Is there a preference in getting audience right box seats vs audience left box seats?  I know that the stage will be cut off in the box seats, and I'm wondering whether you miss more for one vs the other."

>> I sat in the house right box when I saw the show and I didn't miss much, maybe Burr giving Lafayette's intro for "Guns and Ships". I have house left box seats during Thanksgiving weekend and I feel like with the stairs being on that side, I'll miss a few things there. I'll let you know afterwards.

Hi!  Thanksgiving weekend has come and gone, so I'm curious as to what you thought of the view of the boxes on one side vs. the view from the boxes on the other.

Thank you.  :)"

Sorry for the non-response.

House right box seats (C and D) are better than house left (A and B). Because the stairs are on stage right, it's hard to see what happens over there. 

rawrali
#65Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 2/9/16 at 6:28pm

Sorry for reviving somewhat of a dead thread, but I was just wondering if anyone else has tried to get box seats recently? I was supposed to fly into NY yesterday and I was going to stop by the box office to see if they have any single box seats available for any performances the week I will next be in town, but my flight was canceled and we ended up canceling the trip altogether, so that ruined my plans. I suspect my only chance will be the lottery at this point (or resale, but most resellers aren't even willing to sell single seats!), but just wondering if anyone else has tried for single box seats recently and had any luck.

lizzybees
#66Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 2/10/16 at 9:12am

I had a friend go to the box office two weeks ago to try and get a single box seat and the first available date she could get was in November.

Esgred
#67Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 2/24/16 at 5:11pm

Thank you so much "sorano916"!  :)

Margo319
#68Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 2/24/16 at 5:24pm

My view from Box H seat 3.  Missed a few things but I would skip the front boxes, way too severe.  Hamilton Box Seats

dramamama611
#69Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 2/24/16 at 10:18pm

Had a friend in box B....she loved the seats.   I wont' be in them myself, until July.  Hamilton Box Seats

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#70Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 2/25/16 at 12:19am

I sat at Box D seat 3 which I think the best box seat. I enjoyed watching the show in 3D. This was my third time seeing the show and the acting was still tight. Btw I was told at the box office that the box seats are sold out for the entire run (I assume for the duration they sell the tickets)!! 

Esgred
#71Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 2/25/16 at 1:40am

Oh, no!  When did they tell you all the box seats were sold out (date)?  Were you at the box office when you were told this?

Thank you!  :)

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#72Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 2/25/16 at 1:56am

Esgred said: "Oh, no!  When did they tell you all the box seats were sold out (date)?  Were you at the box office when you were told this?

Thank you!  :)

"

Last week. Yes the box office staff told me and he said the earliest regular price ticket availability is for partial view in late December and January.

Esgred
#73Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 2/26/16 at 12:25am

Thank you, again!

Do you mean that these regular price, partial view tickets that are available for late December and January are NOT box seats?

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#74Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 2/26/16 at 1:09am

Correct. I didn't ask which partial seats are available but from ppl who were buying at that time, I guess rear orchestra side seats.

Videos