News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Hamilton Box Seats

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#25Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/13/15 at 2:25pm

I marveled to the box office guy the other day that there is such good availability for the box seats. He said that as soon as he tells customers "partial view," they don't want them. That puzzles me because there are other partial view seats at the Rodgers, and they seem to be selling fine. But I'm not complaining that there's a little-known way in to Hamilton that doesn't involve paying those crazy resale prices. Of course, if I kept my big mouth shut about it, it would be even better! So please don't read this.

Updated On: 11/13/15 at 02:25 PM

Sam2
#26Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/13/15 at 2:59pm

I was able to grab the earliest available box seat which turned out to be one for early February. I'm extremely excited and very happy to know this Message Board. Thanks to all! Can't wait to see it.

Updated On: 11/13/15 at 02:59 PM

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#27Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/15/15 at 12:21am

From what I remember and from the theatre images, these box seats are two tiers: lower and upper. On the ticket, how does it say? Does it say Lower Box A, Box B, etc.? Thanks.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#28Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/15/15 at 12:28am

Box letter

Row number

Seat number

Just picked some up today for july

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#29Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/15/15 at 12:36am

dramamama611 said: "Box letter

Row number

Seat number

Just picked some up today for july

"

Thanks! so how do you know if the seat is lower or upper? What's the Box letter of yours?

Updated On: 11/15/15 at 12:36 AM

dramamama611
#30Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/15/15 at 6:25pm

We're in box b, row 1, seats 1&2

Boxes a -d are on the lower level, boxes e - h are the upper.  (According to the seating chart I found on line.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dramamama611
#31Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/15/15 at 9:22pm

I just looked at my tix more closely, and somewhere else on the tix it DOES actually state that this is a lower box. 

Michael19
#32Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 8:57am

I'm surprised no one has spoken about the upper boxes.....they are really very bad and certainly shouldn't be sold at top (non premium price).   It's nice that so many people are excited about getting box seats for Hamilton, but I fear they will be seriously disappointed once they see how poor the visibility is from upper box seats.

dramamama611
#33Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 9:52am

I know box seats are not ideal, but since it will be the third time seeing it, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine.  

I think this is one reason why most theaters only sell them at the box office, that way either you "already know" they aren't great going in, or the box office can make sure you do.

BTW....what makes the upper box so terrible?  (and the prices are regular full price.)

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#34Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 11:35am

So far I have asked for the lower boxes only. I bought seats in B and in D (haven't sat there yet). I am curious about the view from the upper boxes and would appreciate hearing about them. 

Upper or lower, I just hope there isn't a lot of lighting or sound equipment up there hanging from them.

Updated On: 11/16/15 at 11:35 AM

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#35Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 3:06pm

I'm interested to know about upper boxes. 

BTW everyone especially for those who go to see Hamilton should upload their view from the seat here! There is a good pic from Box D seat 3, which looks excellent.

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Richard+Rodgers+Theatre/

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#36Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 5:31pm

Wow, thanks for posting that! I'll have to check out that site some more. The view from that seat looks great. That makes me happy because I bought a pair in that box, and a friend of mine purchased them from me as a birthday/Christmas gift for her daughter. So I can send her that photo as a preview.

I'm curious as to what that metal piece embedded in the stage that has ropes coming out of it. That's not there during performances, right? Everyone would be tripping over it!

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#37Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 5:35pm

macnyc said: "I'm curious as to what that metal piece embedded in the stage that has ropes coming out of it. That's not there during performances, right? Everyone would be tripping over it!"

It's removed during the first song. :)

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#38Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 5:45pm

Thanks! I never noticed that!

Looking at the view from box D, I can see how you'd miss pretty much anything on the upper walkway on the right side, except for anyone standing right at the front. As far as I can remember, there's only one short scene in Act 2 that takes place up there, aside from various people standing there and singing. And of course the whole staging and choreography will look different from the side. But it's better than not being in the theater at all!

Updated On: 11/16/15 at 05:45 PM

Mike Costa Profile Photo
Mike Costa
#39Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 6:23pm

I have passed thru the boxes at the theater and have mentioned that the view is not good for the price.  However, some on this thread have sat in them and had a different opinion.  With thanks to lite2shine  here is a link to a photo that actually shows how the boxes are situated in the theater.  Hope it is helpful.

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/45280/Richard+Rodgers+Theatre/section-R+Mezz/row-C/seat-14/

Updated On: 11/16/15 at 06:23 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#40Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 6:41pm

I don't think people are craving these box seats, they just happen to be some of the only seats you can get right now.

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#41Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 6:55pm

Actually, that's Rear Mezz row C. Here is Box D view

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/49792/Richard+Rodgers+Theatre/section-Box+D/seat-3/

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#42Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 6:57pm

^^^ that looks pretty damned good, actually.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#43Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 6:59pm

I sat in a box a few weeks ago and it was a great view. The only things I really missed was when people were all the way over on my side but that didn't happen very often.

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#44Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 7:15pm

Blockhead24 said: "I sat in a box a few weeks ago and it was a great view. The only things I really missed was when people were all the way over on my side but that didn't happen very often.

"

Could you tell us your Box Letter? Thanks!

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#45Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 7:20pm

We will be in G and H, both upper boxes, in a few weeks.  I hope the view is not so awful.  They were THE ONLY seats available and so I would rather be seeing most of the show as opposed to none of it.  I will have to ask for a lower box in the future....do you suppose it is always true in any theatre that the lower boxes are better?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#46Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/16/15 at 8:11pm

You'll have to let us know in a few weeks about the view, but I think you'll be fine. I can tell you that I sat several times in the upper boxes at the Belasco, which look similarly situated, for the Globe Shakespeare productions of Twelfth Night and Richard III. The view was fine. I did miss any action that took place directly under my box, but that's to be expected.

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#47Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 11/17/15 at 11:59am

macnyc said: "You'll have to let us know in a few weeks about the view, but I think you'll be fine. I can tell you that I sat several times in the upper boxes at the Belasco, which look similarly situated, for the Globe Shakespeare productions of Twelfth Night and Richard III. The view was fine. I did miss any action that took place directly under my box, but that's to be expected.

"

I will definitely report back and how the view is from G and H!  I expect a partial view, but am just so thrilled to be going.  It has to be better than paying resale prices for any other seat in the house!

maxkko Profile Photo
maxkko
#48Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/6/15 at 7:11pm

Hello all. My friend is going tomorrow to buy box seats for June 11th. I've been really anxious about it lately, as I don't have the money to pay 600 dollars for a re-sale ticket. I said singles were fine as well (being in different boxes). Do you think they'll be sold out? Thanks!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#49Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 12/7/15 at 1:49am

maxkko said: "Do you think they'll be sold out? Thanks!"

Since they are only available at the box office, no way to know, really.

Videos